What makes you, Qualified, to be a ToJ member?

Gandhi said:
Y can't christians swear, I know alot of christians who curse. If someone says the F word do they love christ any less.
I don't think u can prove your christian, its just something u belive in your heart.
Just because someone spits a few quotes from the bible, or goes to church every week does that make him christian.
Thats just my non christian 2 cents.
Oh yeah 604 rulez!!!!!!

Words are a gift from God and when someone perverts those words its an insult to what God gifted us. If all your going to do is curse ur heart ut when ur mad i dont think that would impress Jesus that much eh? just my 2 cents

Well... let's say your dad gave you a car. How ingrateful would it be if you took that car and drove drunk in it? Essentially, by cursing, that's what you'd be doing with the gift of speech.

Last edited:
Kinda goes back to the whole, "your body is a temple" kinda thing, doesn't it? Interesting thought :D

Personally I like the no cursing rule on toj, because I don't get stressed out by people cursing me out. It lets me relax and just enjoy playing.

The, uh Ghandi of these boards (lol...) brought this up and I think he hit the perverbial nail on the head with this statement.

Curse and swear words have a lot of power. Our words have alot of power. Imagine, an employer can fire you with a word, you can quit with a word. You can sooth a sorrowful heart with a word, your words can cut like a knife.

Being mindful of what you say is king. Swear and cuse words add a negative value to what you are saying. And as Christians, if we are to be uplifting, then why bring them down with words?

Honestly, I can't think of an appropriate time to swear or cuss? Have I done it, sure. I've slammed a drill bit through my thumb while working. Sure a few choice words came out of my mouth, I am not proud of it. It was completely out of character for me.

I too feel uncomfortable with people who swear every second word. It causes stress, even if it is not directed to me. This is why the Lord said let your words be edifying (enlightening or uplifting so as to encourage intellectual or moral improvement).

Gods_Peon said:
I too feel uncomfortable with people who swear every second word.

Did you ever see Star Trek: the Voyage Home? lol, that was a hilarious movie...

Sorry, my post is kinda off-topic, just ignore it :)

Last edited:
Just a quick question about God not being competative. I have always found God to be competitive. I mean, He is a jealous God, is he not? Jealousy, even in this sense, sends out a word of competition. He wants to (and will) win the war against the fallen angels, so...isn't that a bit of competition? If not just a bit...the ultimate competition?

Heh :) It's a pov anyways.

Mythran

You bring up a good point Myth, but I believe his jealousy is more out of the love he has for us.

You have an adopted son whom you love very much and have tried to teach him a great deal of those things you'd like for him to learn, and then he turns away from you when he finds his biological dad. You might not have a competition between you and this other dad, especially if you weren't even sure who he was and where he lived, but because of the love and the time you've poured into your son since before he could walk you become a bit jealous when he chooses someone else over you.

I believe God feels the same way about us, and I'm not sure if it's a competitive issue between him and satan, or anyone else for that matter.

I see God as someone who always works hard, and always expects the best. Does that mean he's competitive? Not necessarily, he just asks a lot of himself, and in turn; those around him, including his children.

btw - I mention 'children' in my story because the only way I can see God becoming jealous is when we choose something or someone over him, when he has provided so much for us including an undying love.

Last edited:
I just had a friend read my post (cause I like to verify these things lol) and he brougth up something really interesting to me. He mentioned that God's jealousy is a lot more like a husband's when another man is seen with his wife. Men don't necesarily compete with each other to be the best husbands, but they do indeed get jealous when their wife is seen with someone else. I think that clears it up really well...what do you think?

Back