What makes you, Qualified, to be a ToJ member?

Corpfox

Qualified;Eligible.

I know one(1) reason, but I hope I am wrong to why you are Qualified to be a ToJ member.

Curiousity is my nature, finding flaws is my goal, and so on...

So, What makes you, Qualified to be a ToJ member, or To be part of a Christian Community, or Tribe of Judah itself?

I was not of to having the understand these post! :p

Seriously though, what do you mean? I guess I am qualified to be a ToJ member because I am a Christian who likes video gaming in general and UT2004 in particular. Is that what you were after?

I guess I am qualified to be a ToJ member because I am a Christian

Thats the obvious answer...

But is that just your only answer? "Because I am a Christian."

Prove it, Kraniac.

If someone said the same answer but with reasons why they became a christian, that is a good answer. But just saying I am a Christian, where is the proof?

I've heard some people say they are Christian, but as soon as I hear them say the O** phrase or swear alot, makes me think they are liars.

PS: IF your gonna prove you are a Christian, don't copy it from the ToJ Charter. In Your Own Words, prefered.

Last edited:
Y can't christians swear, I know alot of christians who curse. If someone says the F word do they love christ any less.
I don't think u can prove your christian, its just something u belive in your heart.
Just because someone spits a few quotes from the bible, or goes to church every week does that make him christian.
Thats just my non christian 2 cents.
Oh yeah 604 rulez!!!!!!

There is not, and has never been, any way for any person to prove to any other person that they truly believe anything. In fact, a popular philosophical debate has occurred for years on what constitutes proof, and I am of the mind that the number of things that can be truly, finally proved are very small. In this particular instance, you have to make an assumption that I am being truthful-- that is, to trust me.

Certainly the depth of that assumption would vary depending on the situation. If I had known you personally for many years you would probably be more likely to believe me. But people can lie for years to even their closest friends. At some point, you just have to trust people, knowing that sometimes you will be hurt by their actions.

If someone says the F word do they love christ any less.
I would say that they probably didn't love Christ as much as they would profess to love Him. If you love Jesus, you will want to do as the Bible says (if you believe, as I do, that He wrote, or at least influenced, its creation). That includes this verse:
"Let no corrupt word proceed out of your mouth, but only what is good for necessary edification, that it may impart grace to the hearers." (eph 4.29)

Since in this verse what is stressed is the hearer's reaction to the communication, I don't think cursing is, by itself, evil. What is evil is offending or putting down others with your cursing. Since the overwhelming majority of people are at least mildly put off by swearing, it is not proper for Christians to swear unless they are quoting somebody, or they know absolutely that the other person will not be the least bit offended. Basically, it's not the word itself, it's the attitude behind it.

its in ephesians 5 i believe, Bless those and do not curse.

I am qualified to be part of the TOJ because I want to be a part of an environment that promotes safe havens, or atleast tries to, to the Christians of the gamer world. People that are so non-selfish that they provide this for the masses. I want to be able to make an impact on a group and on the people I come in contact.

Sure with my counter-strike skill, I could land a decent CS clan if I wanted..but I have gone that route and I found no pleasure in it whatsoever, so I believe I am qualified to be in the ToJ because my heart leads me to it.

Eph.4.29 Let no evil talk come out of your mouths, but only such as is good for edifying, as fits the occasion, that it may impart grace to those who hear.

Well your translation or mine isn't very clear about cursing, I could say anything negative is considered wrong. So if I say I don't like u, and I'm christian would that make me any less christian. I know I'm taking my definition to the extream, but where do u draw the line on whats ok and whats not, and who has the authority to decide this.
It takes me back to the quote I've used before
"Am I less holy because I choose to smoke a blunt, and drink a beer with my hommies".

Personally I like the no cursing rule on toj, because I don't get stressed out by people cursing me out. It lets me relax and just enjoy playing.

My previous post was trying to say that noone can prove their spirituality, or judge someone elses. If u love jesus, its in your heart. Its a very hard thing to judge.

My previous post was trying to say that noone can prove their spirituality, or judge someone elses. If u love jesus, its in your heart. Its a very hard thing to judge.

I disagree, because those who follow Christ really stand out from the rest; that's easy to tell. Of course, you have to get to know the person(s) first, but you can tell the difference between those who are running the race and those who are sitting on the sidelines.

btw - the person who finishes last and the person who finishes first are no different; they both participated and ran their hearts out. The trophy doesn't go out to whoever finished first; it just goes out to whoever finished.

That's what I believe, anyway.

God isn't competitive and he doesn't want us to be, either. He has some work set out for us to do, and those who do the work are becoming a part of God's family. He wants to save us, but he asks that we become disciplined and obedient first; we have to recognize him for who he is and what he wants of us. He's God, and wants us to finish the race.

edited: about 7 times, :p

Last edited:
As to whether or not someone is a Christian, the Bible says that others will know us by our fruits. It should be our goal to live as Christ would have us to live. We are not perfect by any stretch of the imagination. Perhaps that is why there are such issues as profanity.

Each one of us has a testimony and a relationship with God through Jesus Christ. It is not up to man to evaluate one's salvation, that is between a person and God.

My question to you is.... Why do you try to find faults? Many times people will find what they are seeking. Perhaps seeking for positive attributes may be more rewarding.

Gen

What qualifies one to become a member of Tribe of Judah? Agreeing to and abiding by the Tribe of Judah charter.

While it's true that you can be a Christian and still curse like a sailor, your actions may cause others to reject Christ. Many people will ask, "If there is no difference between a Christian and others, why bother accepting Christ?"

But to be a member of Tribe of Judah, which is run by human beings, you have to accept and follow our rules. If you don't do so, then you are not eligible for membership.

Now if you're asking what qualifies one to become a Christian, well, that's another topic altogether and belongs in our Religious Discussion Forum.

Many people will ask, "If there is no difference between a Christian and others, why bother accepting Christ?"

Who would ask that? I know I wouldnt, I'd be straight to the point: "Your a Christian, why do you have to swear!?"

I get P'0ed when its people with their tags on or actual Christians, swearing and cussing when their(clans/guilds/communites) rules Boldly says, NO SWEARING.

The trophy doesn't go out to whoever finished first; it just goes out to whoever finished.

That generally works with Charity groups or Handicapped groups or Research runs for untreatable illness, not here, or those tournaments, or even "Good old fun".

Unless, someone new came here, asking experiences on ToJ members(Gaming, religion, how to join, etc), then that would be a fluke(Or a huge change of topic).

I'm asking, whats makes you so great to be in a community like this, or any of them related here, aye? Sure, your a Christian, they are Christians, your only relation is RELIGION! If Christian communities didnt have games in them, it would be boring. Actually, it would be alot harder to recruit people w/o games/gaming.

But...since this is a Christian community that has various games...it wont be boring cause people can make soo many relations with games and stuff than RELIGION!

And, yeah, religion is much important when its delt with Christians.

If you don't do so, then you are not eligible for membership.

IF you knew about it.

Its not like you have a spy working for you or something...

I get P'0ed when its people with their tags on or actual Christians, swearing and cussing when their(clans/guilds/communites) rules Boldly says, NO SWEARING.

Yeah, it is pretty annoying, but then again, hypocrisy is not limited to Christians are those of any religion. How many times have we all told ourselves we werent going to do something, only to turn around and do that very thing... It's on the same level....

I'm asking, whats makes you so great to be in a community like this, or any of them related here, aye?

MY guess to answer this question is pretty simple, what makes us so Great. . Nothing. . It's what is great inside our hearts, and we can't go around screening every person to see if it's true. We don't have the resources to do home visits on every member? What's the difference.... but as far as knowing if they are or arent christians, that applies to churches as well.. Many people sitting in pews Sunday mornings are as far from being Christian as the ones still drunk on Sunday morning...

Tribe of Judah's purpose is both outreach to non-christians and fellowship for the uplifting and building of other Christians....

Long version, just woke up, had to get out 5% of my words for the day. Short version follows in post #15.

Preacher has said many times the church is a hospital meant for sick people. Yes, God asks that we do not forsake gathering with believers, but if we did not need church, there would be no need for Him to ask us to gather there.

What you will find is that we come here for many different reasons. Some love gaming, some love to fellowship online, some love to talk about Jesus, some love to debate...and the list goes on. In addition, you will also find those who are at various stages of their walk with Christ. We are commanded to die daily and we all struggle with sin. Some of those sins are outward, others are not as obvious. Nevertheless, the Bible tells us that all have sinned and come short of the glory of God. We are all sinners.

For we know that the law is spiritual: but I am carnal, sold under sin.
For that which I do I allow not: for what I would, that do I not; but what I hate, that do I.
If then I do that which I would not, I consent unto the law that it is good.
Now then it is no more I that do it, but sin that dwelleth in me.
For I know that in me (that is, in my flesh), dwelleth no good thing: for to will is present with me; but how to perform that which is good, I find not,
For the good that I would I do not: but the evil which I would not, that I do.
Now if I do that I would not, it is no more I that do it, but sin that dwelleth in me.
I find then a law, that, when I would do good, evil is present with me.
For I delight in the law of God after the inward man:
But I see another law in my members, warring against the law of my mind, and bringing me into captivity to the law of sin which is in my members.
O wretched man that I am! who shall deliver me from the body of this death?
I thank God through Jesus Christ our Lord. So then with the mind I myself serve the law of God; but with the flesh the law of sin.
There is now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit. Romans 7:14~8:1

That is much to read, granted, but I could really go on through chapter 8. These verses explain our struggle with sin. Paul wrote this and has stated that he was the chief among sinners. He is one of my favorite Bible men of God. He was honest and he tried earnestly to write about our struggles and give us hope and instruction.

Corp, Christians are often attacked, always have been, always will be. Just as you wonder what qualifies anyone to be a Christian, (and I hope I have explained above no one is "good" enough to be a Christian, quite the opposite), seeing that Jesus died for the world as stated in John 3:16&17, what makes a non-Christian too good to accept what Jesus has already bought and paid for? I have never turned down a gift...I just cannot imagine the reason behind ever doing so! Jesus is the most priceless gift ever known to man! The gift of eternal life through Jesus Christ our LORD has been despised and rejected. Why do men reject the Pearl of Great Price?

Corpfox said:
That generally works with Charity groups or Handicapped groups or Research runs for untreatable illness, not here, or those tournaments, or even "Good old fun".

Now you're taking what I said out of context; I'm not talking about charity or handicap groups, or research runs. The race isn’t even easy, but it’s something that everyone, if they wanted to, can run. The thing is that the track is 30 miles long, and you have to finish the track in a certain amount of time. It’s not competitive, but you do have to have discipline, endurance, and training to beat it; you have to be physically prepared.

It’s exactly the same in the Christian life. God doesn’t just hand out trophies; we have to earn them. Fortunately, everyone can be a follower of Christ; Galations 3.26-29 tells us that. However, it is only those who choose to not only run the race, but also finish it because they are spiritually prepared and enduring, that can make it to the kingdom of Heaven. Everyone else is just like the grain that fell on the rocks or among the thorns, of which Jesus talked about in Matthew 13.

Life is handed to all of us, but because God wants to save us he gives us the option to follow him, rather than him destroying us just as he almost did mankind in Genesis 6. We have the option to follow him, but not everyone can enter the kingdom of Heaven. He only wants those who steer away from sin to enter his palace. If he allowed everyone in then he wouldn’t have accomplished anything; it would simply be this earth all over again filled with robbery, deceitfulness, adultery, and etc. He wants people with the fruit of the Spirit to enter his Heaven, so that it will not again be corrupted, just as earth was.

Jesus is coming again to take a select few with him to Heaven, and everyone else will be left behind and thrown in to the sea. Those select few are those who have taken his word to heart, and have lived an outstanding Christian life. A bumper sticker or a ToJ tag won't get you to heaven, but following the word and spirit of God will.

Last edited:
Jesus is coming again to take a select few with him to Heaven, and everyone else will be left behind and thrown in to the sea.

Kinda insulting, is it? "You are not the 'chosen' one, so therefore, you will die like the rest..." Shesh, no respect there...

I would think, Christians go to heaven... not Jesus choosing people to go to heaven...

Now you're taking what I said out of context;

I know I do, thats why you give me a better umm...argument...

I have never turned down a gift...I just cannot imagine the reason behind ever doing so!

Which gift?

Why do men reject the Pearl of Great Price?

Because some people dont understand what that means, "Pearl of Great Price"... :confused:

Why do you keep saying, "Men"? You hate them or something? Most of the stuff you refer is a male, not female or both... :eek: Male and female are an equal race?

Sorry, no offense against men! It is habit. The Bible speaks of man, meaning the human race. Therefore, I am parroting what I have read.

The Pearl of Great Price, Heaven via Jesus Christ's death on the Cross and Him Crucified for our sins, rather we accept that free gift is our choice. Nevertheless, He has already paid in full for each of us.

Corpfox said:
Qualified;Eligible.

I know one(1) reason, but I hope I am wrong to why you are Qualified to be a ToJ member.

Curiousity is my nature, finding flaws is my goal, and so on...

So, What makes you, Qualified to be a ToJ member, or To be part of a Christian Community, or Tribe of Judah itself?

CHRIST!

I like that yes, The Lord Jesus Christ Himself, the Big JC, Son of the living GOD. Can I swear like a sailor, I 've made some blush! Do I always do what right . Nope. Not as much as I should. Do I love the Lord. Yes, And I try as I can to be faithful. But atlas , I am only human.

What makes me qualified to be part of the christain community

GOD! more specifically God's grace!

You can do nothing! NOTHING I SAY! It is thru HIS Grace we come together in His name to gloriy the HIM in all we do!.

It was Gods devine plan that the founders of CGA were inspired to create this community. It was Gods intention that it touched so many lives.

As far as being qualifed, I know I do my best to follow the rules out lined by this community. I do it out of respect for 1st GOD and then his children (Community) But being a christain and being part of this community, came from the Grace of God.

GOD BROUGHT ME HERE! AND I like IT!

Have a sun filled day!
Smell the flowers (Do not know whose this is for but enjoy!) :)
God made them JUST for yoU!

Last edited:
If Christian communities didnt have games in them, it would be boring. Actually, it would be alot harder to recruit people w/o games/gaming.

Actually, I've found that it's nearly impossible to "recruit" someone to faith online. To most people, my words (and your words, Corp) are pretty insignificant. Insulated from any real feeling, most internet users argue over petty things, act as they would not normally because there are no real consequences, and laugh at anyone who argues with them.

To the original question, what qualifies me to be here? Nothing, really. Just an agreement to abide by the rules and a (presumably) shared belief system. I'm here because I enjoy an environment where most folks share my beliefs and I don't get ganged up on when I express them. It's kind of a safe haven. That's not to say I'm exclusively here when online, but it's rather cathartic to have a place to come back to and recharge.

Back