What do you drink?

What do you drink? - Not religious discussion.

• Hard Liquor and Beer

Votes: 8 100.0%
  • Hard Liqour, not beer

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Beer, No Liqour

• Other Alcohol

• No alcohol

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
By the way, contrary to what ByblosHex posted, this IS religious discussion. I won't be getting involved with the conversation, but let me say this:

- If you personally feel led not to drink, then don't.
- Drinking with the express purpose of getting drunk is wrong. Obviously.
- Respect others even if you disagree with their viewpoint.

We now return you to our regularly scheduled thread.
smile.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Tek7 @ Oct. 27 2004,11:49)]- Respect others even if you disagree with their viewpoint.
with that being said ill try not to post in this thread......cause this is a subject that makes me mad due to family issues =\

[b said:
Quote[/b] (TheJfreak @ Oct. 28 2004,12:51)]I veiw drinking different but i have a feeling that thats because im southern baptist.
I think it's just because you're weird. :p

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Tek7 @ Oct. 27 2004,6:32)]I've banned ByblosHex from the forums.
*gets up and does the hokey pokey*

I'm glad we don't need to hear from him...he loves disagreeing

BTW...is this a permanent ban, or what, Tek?
biggrin.gif
wink.gif

--SirThom

My opinion of alcohol...

In order to know "your limit", you must drink. If you get drunk off of that first drink, than according to most everything I've learned from Scripture, you're commiting a sin because drunkeness is bad. I'd rather never touch it and be perfectly FINE the rest of my life than risking being intoxicated once. Knowing that even one drink slows your reflexes, I feel safe knowing that I'll never be influenced by alcohol in case of an emergency where someone was dependant upon me to get them to their destination immeadiately, perhaps the hospital. I'm all of the opinion of "Be prepared, always." If someone is sitting around, drinking, and another is not, and an emergency comes up, I would much sooner trust the person not drinking as opposed to the person who have put a couple back.

Alcoholism runs in my family, and I've seen it tear people and loved ones apart. It's not fun, so I do not encourage it to anyone.

If you want to discuss the Biblical implications for drinking, feel free to start another thread, but given the diversity in age of these forums, and given the complex nature of this thread, I am locking it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back