War in iraq

Thing is Kohael, although it isn't likely for him to openly attack the US with any of his weapons, it is likely that he would use them in a local conflict. He did against the Kurds in his own country. It's even more likely that he might attempt to blackmail the west into allowing him much more leniancy. IE threats to nuke Isreal if we stop him from taking over Kuwait again. What it comes down to is; the inspectors have tried, we've had inspectors in there on and off since the end of the Gulf war, and he hasn't cooperated at all. We've tried diplomacy for the last 10 years to get him to change his position on weapons of mass distruction, to comply with the UN. That hasn't worked at all. Why even have UN policies for deadly weapons if you dont enforce them? I think we should let the inspections continue (Bush being so eager and overzealous is embarrassing to me as an American, there is no reason to rush this) to the point where Hans Blix either says "Ok, we're fed up. Iraq hasn't cooperated at all" as he has been saying recently. Or until he reports that Iraq is comlying with them. I think the former is more likely, and when that happens it will be time for war, as th last possible solution.

WHAT JUST HAPPENED TO THE COLOR SCHEME AND SETUP OF THIS SITE?! IT's all light blue, silver and white! HELP!
After help, I'll continue to post on this.

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Same goes for Chem weaps, why do you think we didn't get hit with any in the gulf war?

Actually, Saddam DID use chemical or biological weapons during the Gulf War. It is believed that these may have been the cause of the "Gulf War Syndrome" according to that nuclear scientist from Iraq that was on Crossfire on Friday.

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]What it comes down to is; the inspectors have tried, we've had inspectors in there on and off since the end of the Gulf war, and he hasn't cooperated at all.

You're right. I remember one inspector reported that sometimes they would be delayed at a certain site for about three hours and would watch trucks leaving around the back. Hmmmm......

The one thing I don't understand is why President Bush is rushing to go to war. I mean what's the hurry? Give some time for the inspectors to finish their jobs and if the result isn't good and you have a justifiable reason do it than. There is really no need to rush into it. SNL's weekend update last night(the only segment I watch on that show because it's the only one that is even remotely funny) had a hilarious part in it regarding the war. I'll key it in to the best of my memory.

"Many fish have been found dead in a lake in Kansas. Environmentalists believe that someone may have killed the fish. President Bush now says we now have no choice but to go to war with Iraq!"

I found that to be amusing.

Back