War in iraq

exodus

PRAY BEFORE IT STARTS

I'm not one who forwards emails typically, but this one has some truth to it... -ex

A torch has been lit to be
passed along to your e-mail friends...
asking them to pass it along....and along....and along.
We can do something about the
threat of war; both in Iraq and with terrorists.
In the Old Testament, God's
armies were always led by the priests.

When the waters parted in the Jordan, it was the priests'
feet which first hit the turbulent river.
In the New Testament, Christians are also
referred to as priests...all Christians.
We must, therefore, go in first.

As the possibility of war approaches with
Hussein and Iraq, we are asking
the priests to step in first.....ahead of our military.
Let us be setting
up camp for our soldiers' entrance into the conflict.
How?
By prayer.

Let us be sending in "prayer missiles,"
"cruise and scud prayers" to target
enemy plans. "Patriot prayers"
to shoot down incoming threats.

We should be praying for two things:
(1) that the enemy leaders
become confused, disoriented,
and distrustful of each other;
that their entire system of attack fall apart, and

(2) that in God's wildest ways,
these enemies would become aware of
His deep love for them and the war
Jesus has already fought for them,
personally, on the cross. God had
Gideon reduce his army from 32,000 to 300 men.
He then equipped them with
nothing but trumpets, pitchers, and torches.
What an odd combination
to fight off well-armed soldiers.

When Gideon gave the command, the Bible
says the enemy fled crying and turned
on each other...all because God
messed with enemy plans.

Prayers were started for this about a month ago.

On CNN a report came out that
although Hussein has nothing to lose, his generals do.
Is confusion beginning to develop?
Please pray for God to set the
stage for defeat of all those who
intend to do harm. When our men and
women of uniform arrive on the scene,
may they be surprised at how God had
camp set up before they ever got there.

Would you please do two things?
(1) pray, and
(2) pass this along to those
you know will pray.

May we build an e-mail army of over
a million in force...beginning with you.

Please please please don't make this war into a Christians vs the others. This is NOT another crusade, and if you change "jesus" to "mohammed" in that post it could EASILY be something one of those Islamic fundamentalist terrorists would have said. This "war" is NOT about religion, and we should not contsrue it that way.

Mustard, that's not what we're doing.
I don't really agree with that first part, but prayer never hurts, unless it's for something bad, like Elijah's curse on those punks who mocked him, a man of God.
This is a religious war: they're merely asking for us to pray for these men and women going to war. I see nothing wrong with that.
I shall pray for this war, and also, you know, it is true, that God does answer our prayers, even if it is against the enemy. David himself prayed that prayer often: it is seen throughout Psalms. He prays for his enemies' downfall.
No one said this was a religious war. They just asked to pray.

Well thats not the way I read it. You cross into very dangerous territory when you start to believe god is on your side in war, because it means you can naver be wrong. Just because America wants something doesn't mean god wants it. Most of Europe is Christian yet they (for the most part) oppose war...

Mustard, yes God most likely donesn't want this war, but yes God can be on your side. By praying for His guidance throught this war He will be on our side guiding us to what His perfect and devine plan has for us to do. If we lose the war it is because God is on our side and said "no, i don't think this is your battle". On the other hand if God is on our side and he may say "yes, it is your fight and with my help you shall prevale". In both cases God is on our side. The outcome of the war may not be what we want it to be, but God will be with us.

God Bless
-ChaosSniper

ahem and if you are a Scriptural-believing Christian, you will remember when I believe the Israelites had a little scuffle with I think the Amalekites (or Ammonites?) and when Moses had his arms lifted, God gave them victory. When they dropped, the Israelites started to lose.
God determines who wins and who doesn't.
Not everyone has God on their side, but he does determine the victor, my friend. Even the "enemy" has often won, and put the victory on God.
So Mustard, it's not a call "that God is on your side so victory is sure if you pray", it's just a call to pray.

Do you feel the same way in conflicts we lose? Was god against us being in Veitnam? Was god on the side of Bin Laden on September Eleventh? If what you are saying is true, and god does infact take sides in human conflicts (which I'm suggesting he does not), then how do you explain those examples?

9/11/01 was a tragic day. I would expain it by saying that God is trying to bring this country back to Him(it's root). This country has strayed so far from Him and we have a strong christian president in office. Did you not notice "God Bless America" all over the place? God is bringing this country back to Him and that is why those evernts had to take place. We have strayed so far from Him that it took a terrible incident to turn us back around and took for Him again.

God Bless
-ChaosSniper

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]I would expain it by saying that God is trying to bring this country back to Him
So he punished us for not being Christian enough by killing 3,000 people and destroying the world trade center? Wow, guess we better do what he wants or who knows what tragedy is next.
Also I'm not sure that the nation has been becoming more Christian since then at all, that big court case in California this last summer being one example.

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]"So many people claim God is on their side. I warrant he wonders who is on his..." - Oliver Cromwell - Lord Protector of Britain

Personally I see nothing in this struggle to suggest that it is a moral war, or a war against terrorism. This is dealing with an oversight that's  been negatively affecting the bottom line for 12 years. This is diverting US attention away from the mess their economy is turning into. This is an attempt to kickstart some sort of recovery by occupying Iraq and taking the oil for US consumption.

Is Saddam Hussein evil? Why yes, he is. A thoroughly nasty piece of work by all accounts. But he's hardly the worst in the world, is he? You've got North Korea, Cambodia, China, Colombia, Haiti, Israel, Cuba, Zimbabwe... And then there are all the terrorist groups that own no oil, but still need a kicking. Al Qaeda, IRA, M19, IDF, ETA, Drug Cartels, Hamas, Russian Mafiosi.

I see that Ultima believes what Jerry Falwell said about 09/11. If this is God's way of bringing the US back to him, then that's like trying to deal with a rebelious teen by knocking his front teeth out with a 2x4. It's heavy handed, even for Yahweh.

Eon

[b said:
Quote[/b] (exodus @ Feb. 06 2003,6:48)] We should be praying for two things:
 (1) that the enemy leaders
 become confused, disoriented,
 and distrustful of each other;
 that their entire system of attack fall apart, and
 Please pray for God to set the
 stage for defeat of all those who
 intend to do harm.

I dont see anywhere in this prayer about asking for God's will to come to pass. I understand we need to pray for the saftey of our troops and for the wisdom of our military leaders, but we cant pray that "our country is right and we should win" this might not be God's will. He has a plan and "everything works together for greater good" ( cant remeber what verse thats from)

Be careful when you pray that you dont let your own views distract you from desiring His.

(Math 6:9)
9 "Pray then like this: Our Father who art in heaven, Hallowed be thy name. 10 Thy kingdom come. Thy will be done..."

Also remember that praying to GOd doesn't necessarily bring about the same results you desire, or they may go unanswered. Pray without ceasing, it is said, and not literally, in all connotations of it. You are to pray to God, but I don't think it means pray to God as you click the Smiley button...
I never saw anything in that at all being a moral war: merely a war to deal with a festering sore that we've let grow too long.
God determines the victor, as I said, Mustard: that doesn't necessarily mean the outcome we get will be liked. He let King Saul and all his sons be slain in battle, because Saul did not obey God in completely slaughtering an entire kingdom's army, animals, women, children and elderly. God told him to do so, and what did Saul do? He took the fattest animals, and spared whomever he desired to be his slaves. FOr that, GOd punished him with death later on in life, with all his sons. Someone else not of his lineage took over the throne of Israel.
That was the punishment God gave him: the "Other Guys" beat the Israelites that time. However, God has also been on the "side" of the Israelites, causing them to win countless battles before. There was a thundering sound when the Philistines ran off when Goliath fell before David. I would say GOd was on their side that time.
Besides, haven't you ever heard: God works in mysterious ways? I don't think 9/11 or this war is God's way of bringing us back to him. It may be, but I don't think it. I think America needed a decent tragedy: so we got one. I think if anything it separated people from God all the more. I could hear the plaintant whine resounding over the world, (Imagine this in high-pitched nasal voice): Groan! " What kinda God would let something like this happen?" That's what I heard most often, not, "Praise God for slapping me into sensibility! I know now that God sent Jesus Christ to die for my sins, cause some camel jockeys ran into our Trade Center!"
If this is indeed God's will to show us Himself in this war, then so be it.

Unfortunately there appear to have been several times in history where God has taken a neutral role in proceedings.

Either that or looked the other way whilst the bad guy wins...
sad.gif

As Napoleon said, "God favours the big batallions"

Eon

You must also realize, God destroys those massive armies. It is recorded I believe in 1 Kings that 185000 Amalekites were slain by one angel. That's a lot of men to do by one guy. That was pretty brutal, but I wouldn't doubt that it's possible to do.
So not necessarily the boys with the big guns have got the favor of God, though I think God tends to reward applied practice and training for war...I don't think God would bless the Fat, Untrained Army of America with victory...

ok, avatar if you wanna can any branch of out military "fat" you can't, everyone is in shape in our military (my dad is military i woudl know), however you can can the Army panzies cause they give out time out cards to men and wemon for bootcamp. These timeout cards mean that if a person can't handle the stress of bootcamp then they can hand over a card and get out of it. Which totally defeates the point of bootcamp.

God Bless
-ChaosSniper

I don't know why, but I'm going to have to give the military more weight in knowing what makes for an effective bootcamp than I am Chaossniper, nice a guy as he is.

Either way, somehow I think "Fat and untrained" are pretty silly adjectives to apply to what is considered by most everybody who counts to be the strongest army in the world.

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]This is diverting US attention away from the mess their economy is turning into. This is an attempt to kickstart some sort of recovery by occupying Iraq and taking the oil for US consumption.

I see you didn't watch or hear about Powell's speech.  It's not a big world domination scheme for the Americans that you seem to enjoy taking pot shots at.  Saddam is an unstable individual and shouldn't be able to get away with what he has been.  If you have paid any attention, you'd realize that Iraq's military has been firing on American and British aircraft enforcing the no-fly-zone, and Saddam has made a habit of giving the UN the finger because he realizes that they do nothing about it but watch.  Does oil have something to do with it?  Maybe, but the US gets very little of its oil from the Middle East(I believe it's a mere 10%).  Powell stated the US's case a few days ago with the evidence that people were hounding them for.

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]You've got North Korea, Cambodia, China, Colombia, Haiti, Israel, Cuba, Zimbabwe... And then there are all the terrorist groups that own no oil, but still need a kicking. Al Qaeda, IRA, M19, IDF, ETA, Drug Cartels, Hamas, Russian Mafiosi.

I agree.  One thing you don't realize though is that North Korea is currently ruled by an unstable individual who has nuclear weapons.  He'll probably use them if the US attacks.  Why go after Saddam than?  The US doesn't want him in possession of nuclear weapons.  On Crossfire on Friday, you found out from Saddam's former top man on the nuclear program as to what they were up to.  Very startling stuff.  I forget the gentleman's name, but he has written a book called "Saddam's Bombmaker".  And if you don't believe that the United States is going after Al Qaeda than you're sadly mistaken.

I'm never a proponent of war, but sometimes there is a time to fight.  I'm still split on the issue myself.  I think everyone would be better off without an unstable individual in power, but at what cost? If Saddam does gain nuclear technology and uses it, people will say "why didn't we stop him when we had the chance", much like we all wonder why President Clinton didn't take Bin Laden when Sudan offered him to the US. However, if Saddam doesn't have any desire to use nuclear technology against the United States, than many good men and women would have gave their lives for no good reason. Difficult call, and those making the call are not the ones you'll see on the battlefield either.

" Saddam is an unstable individual and shouldn't be able to get away with what he has been."

Loser? Yes.
Jerk? Yes.
Shouldn't be running a state? Yes.
Unstable? Sorry.

The man isn't a lunatic, he's a cold calculating individual who knows he can't use his nukes 'cause the US would then be able to use nukes on HIM. Same goes for Chem weaps, why do you think we didn't get hit with any in the gulf war?

Whatever the motives, I feel that this war is unneccassary.

He's a very unpleasant guy... Oh and regarding US oil - Bush froze adding to your strategic reserve because of the crisis in Venezuela... A new oil source that came with no political strings attached would be VERY attractive right now...

Eon

Back