Wanna, wanna Wii!

Someone at work had been looking for a Wii for her son. She called and called. Searched and searched. Got up early. She eventually told her son he will just have to wait.

She found out about one store (Fred Meyer's) which gets shipments at random times. They don't know when the shipment comes in, so no one really knows when to try and get one. She went there the day of her son's birthday (last week) and picked up the last one!!!!

While she was waiting in line the phone was constantly ringing with people asking for a Wii. She was told they get around 200 calls a day asking about it.

Try and find a store with random shipments. Fred Meyer is owned by Kroger. I don't know the whole umbrella of stores they own, but you might want to try one of their stores.

one of my friends ended up getting a Wii... with inside info from me. What you have to do is get inside info from someone who works there. Ask them what time normal shipments get in. show up at that time (assuming there is no one camping out). and grab the 5th one sold *they go fast*

The plan:
  • Target.
  • Late Dec. 16, early Dec. 17.
  • Snacks.
  • Thermos.
  • Comfy seats.
I scrapped my original plan to camp out at Target and decided to camp out at a Gamestop instead.

I purchased a Wii at approximately 10:05 a.m. Central today. More to come in a follow-up thread.

The only thing missing...is a bathroom. D'oh!
By the bye, there was a 24-hour gas station with a public bathroom within 60 seconds driving time from the Gamestop.

I went to EB by work every day leading up to Christmas and got in good with the manager. No luck before Christmas (which is fine because I was crazy busy anyway). The week before Christmas I went in and asked the assistant manager if they had received any on that day's truck. She said that she was pretty sure that they had not. I asked her if she had checked and she said no. I asked her if she could check and she said yes, so I waited and I waited and I asked her again and she said no problem. At this point I had to return to work from my lunch break so I had to leave. The next day I called and the manager told me that they had received 3 on the previous day's shipment and that they would not get anymore before Christmas. I was ticked, but I politely explained the events from the previous day. He apologized and said he'd try to help me find one. I asked if there was anything really that he could, and he admitted that he couldn't. I asked if he thought they might get some after Christmas, and he said that they expected a shipment on the day after Christmas. Since I was working that day, I told him I would come on that day to get it.

He ended up holding one in the back for me. :)

i figured out that here in Jacksonville stores are getting shipments about every week and a half/two weeks...and they usually get about 18-20....so after calling and asking if they had one i started asking when was the last time they had one....Bestbuy said it had been a week and a half, so I hung out in the store for about two hours, waiting for the fed ex truck to show up...it did and the guy came out with a whole stack of them! I got one and my dad bought one for my mom and siblings to share....

We were thrilled, then began the search for another remote......

Just this weekend we found one - at Target!

Of course wii play comes bundled with a remote so that was always an option to preorder!

I haven't preordered it, but that's on my future purchase list.
Same here. 2/12 isn't too far away, fortunately. Plus, with Wario Ware: Smooth Moves coming out on Monday (or so), I think we'll have enough to play until then. ^^

Back