Wanna, wanna Wii!

Tek7

CGA President, Tribe of Judah Founder & President
Staff member
Okay, I admit it. I want to buy a Nintendo Wii before Christmas. If I have to wait until February, then I'm fine with that. No problem. But if my wife and I can score a Wii in the next few weeks, that would be super.

That being said, does anyone have any strategies for getting a Wii? I'd rather not camp out in winter weather overnight and chance making myself sick. And I've already tried installing URLy Warning to watch a web page overnight for restocking. Apparently, Wal-Mart's online supply of Wiis sold out in less than 60 seconds around 4 a.m. on Dec. 6. b00!

I've heard of some people nearly falling backward into a Wii, then I hear horror stories of people who camp out for hours on end in frigid weather just to see the person in front of them in line walk away with the last Wii.

So help! Post advice here on getting a Wii before Christmas. Again, I'm a patient man, I can wait. But hey, I wouldn't mind taking the Wii with me when my wife and I travel to see family during the holidays. I have to admit I'm eager to put the Wii-mote in my father's hand and see how quickly he can get the hang of Wii Sports (especially the bowling).

I just read about a problem the Wii is having with the wrist straps. Apparently, it sometimes fails and the controller goes flying across the room.

I just read about a problem the Wii is having with the wrist straps. Apparently, it sometimes fails and the controller goes flying across the room.
(I've also heard that Nintendo is shipping reinforced wrist straps. I also think this thread is more about tips on finding a Wii, not taking care of one. ;))

So you can pay extra for wrist straps that should've been that way in the first place?

*looks around* ah... shutting up... *zips lips*

So you can pay extra for wrist straps that should've been that way in the first place?
<offtopic>They are shipping the reinforced ones to customers as replacements. Or you can buy them for $1 directly from Nintendo.</offtopic>

Focus, people, focus.

Anyone know why the WiiSeeker web site lists Circuit City and Toys R Us stores as expecting shipments of Wiis tomorrow? I called a few of each and got the same old tired reply: "We don't know when we'll be receiving our next shipment."

About the only person who did give me a straight answer was someone at a local Gamestop. They'll be getting some in on Dec. 17, which is a Sunday. So I can (possibly) try to stop by a store on my way to church.

Ugh. Maybe waiting until February isn't so bad.

Focus, people, focus.

Anyone know why the WiiSeeker web site lists Circuit City and Toys R Us stores as expecting shipments of Wiis tomorrow? I called a few of each and got the same old tired reply: "We don't know when we'll be receiving our next shipment."

About the only person who did give me a straight answer was someone at a local Gamestop. They'll be getting some in on Dec. 17, which is a Sunday. So I can (possibly) try to stop by a store on my way to church.

Ugh. Maybe waiting until February isn't so bad.
Those ship dates are obviously estimations. But I've yet to find any equivalent tool that will do a better job.

Just keep checking all the obvious (and not so obvious) online places:

- Sears
- Circuit City
- Best Buy/Lie
- JCPenney
- Wal-Mart
- CompUSA
- Costco
- Toys "R" Us
- Buy.com

Just keep checking all the obvious (and not so obvious) online places:

- Best Buy/Lie

Best-Lie? :rolleyes:

From my location, it does show Best-Buy would have 5 Wii in "Next Shipment Inventory" and Target would have 10-50 Wii in "Next Shipment Inventory" on December 17th.

Though, I did a search close to where you live, Tek7 (I think), and Target looks like the only ones with an accurate number of Wii's shipping on Dec.17th.

In the words of Homer J. Simpson: boooooring!
CS, I think you're about to hit your quota for completely irrelevant posts in a single thread. After that, it's the ol' "move the posts to a spam thread" routine.

Now, back on topic, does anyone else have any suggestions on how to get a Wii?

EDIT: I have my name on a "wish list" at a Game Crazy about 30 minutes from my apartment. I'm going to call today to see if having my name on that list is going to be of any real use in acquiring a Wii.

EDIT: Yeh, they'll call me then hold the system for 24 hours for me to come pick it up. Here's hoping they get it in either before or after I'm out of town for the holidays!

Last edited:
CS, I think you're about to hit your quota for completely irrelevant posts in a single thread. After that, it's the ol' "move the posts to a spam thread" routine.

Now, back on topic, does anyone else have any suggestions on how to get a Wii?

EDIT: I have my name on a "wish list" at a Game Crazy about 30 minutes from my apartment. I'm going to call today to see if having my name on that list is going to be of any real use in acquiring a Wii.

EDIT: Yeh, they'll call me then hold the system for 24 hours for me to come pick it up. Here's hoping they get it in either before or after I'm out of town for the holidays!
Yeah, that's how it works at my GameCrazy, too. Same goes for games -- if you keep trying to find a game, they'll eventually just put it on a wish list for you. Then, as soon as the next game (or Wii, in your case) walks through the door, they call you up. Pretty good ideas.

Ahhh the Wii my arrch enemy! Alas never to be played by me! :p Oh well, God didn't give me a nervous disorder for this reason anyways!! :D Oh and by the way I checked some local stores such as EB and Gamestop etc, and they all said Sunday was going to be another nationwide shipment. One of my friends for EB so I got the inside scoop...hehehe :)

The plan:
  • Target.
  • Late Dec. 16, early Dec. 17.
  • Snacks.
  • Thermos.
  • Comfy seats.
The only thing missing...is a bathroom. D'oh!

I may need a new plan for getting a Wii. One that doesn't have me doing the "Gotta wee" dance (not to be confused with the much happier "Got a Wii!" dance).

I ran a google search for you just in case:

Johnny On The Spot
Saint Louis, MO 63101
(314) 261-1222

Hope that helps in your quest for a Wii :D

Back