Update on Raiding

Angryson

Schedule – Tuesday (6ST), Thursday (6ST), Sunday (4ST) Raid times subject to change.

Raid Make-up – We are implementing a new way of running raids as far as invites go. We will be organizing pre-determined raid teams to run together on specific days. We will create 1 dedicated raid team to start with 13-15 members and create new raid teams as more geared and capable people come into the raiding scene.

Teams will be created at the Head Raid Leader’s discretion. They will take all aspects of the group and the raid(s) to be attempted into consideration when formed. Decisions made on raid night are final. Suggestions/concerns can be made LATER to either the HRL or Co-GL’s. Do not try to fix anything the night of the raid. Raid Leaders have enough on their plate as it is.

REMINDER
: Your spot on a team is NOT concrete. Each team is designed to maximize their output. Meaning that if any one member starts slacking, the entire team is weakened. If any raid member starts to show signs of complacency, their spot can be opened up for another raider. Tryouts for spots or general performance trials will be done in heroics as well as during raids.

A current list of Raid Teams can be found at the end of this document.

Loot – We have decided that, based on the new team-system, we will no longer be using EPGP. Instead, we will /roll. Highest roll wins (obv). The reasoning behind this is that if we run as a team, then there will be little to no struggle for gear after the 2nd-3rd run. Also, for anyone who can’t make raids on a consistent basis due to real-life, they also have an equal shot at getting gear as opposed to always being behind in the loot system.

Teams

Team Fierce
Tanks:
Kracer
Echelon

Heals:
Psyrin
Divinum
Clerros
Kile

DPS:
Shadowbill
McFierce
Cakeyplease
Skjota
Samboe
Azami
Flamethrower
Goodnoms

Last edited by a moderator:
I realize I'm still a recruit, but how would one go about signing up? Just wanting to say I would love to join in the raiding fun. I'm heals, currently at ilvl352 in PvE gear (with some PvP gear that is just better stat wise than I can get in PvE atm), Holy Paladin. One issue though, Sundays probably would never work out for me at that time. That is actually Monday morning for me (Philippines) but it is 4 AM.

Last edited:
Is there any flexibility within the team for a swapping during the run? For example, I could never make a 6pm start time but could always make a 8pm start time (maybe there is a East coaster who is the opposite?). Is there a way that some members could raid for the first 2 hours and then swap out for other members for the last 2 hours? Or something along these lines? Or does it need to be the same 10 raiders the entire run?

Last edited:
Rolls, eh?

Hrmm.. Doesn't this punish people who can't attend everytime? They could randomly not ever get anything.

I would think that as time goes on in a 10 man team, there wont be many people rolling against you. In fact won't most all rolls just be against 1 or 2 others max? Thanks to the intimate nature of a 10man, you will be stoked to see them get the item and know that the next time it drops your RNG factor just flew up. I would also think that people who are after the same loot might pay attention to each other's gear and know when one minor increase for them is massive for another and pass accordingly in brotherly love.

I think 10 man raids are awesome because of this. I remember when Qman was first leading our Kara team. We knew everyone on the team and what gear they had. Every drop we were excited cause we knew who was getting it and how great it was for them to be better geared. Even tho RNG can be a bummer I think it minimizes the complaints about the particular DKP system not being fair and puts it all on the scapegoat of Blizz RNG.

Last edited:
i like, but i am not ready yet (my gear is too low)
i heard dps should shoot for 10k before raiding.
is that a good guide line?

I would think that as time goes on in a 10 man team, there wont be many people rolling against you. In fact won't most all rolls just be against 1 or 2 others max? Thanks to the intimate nature of a 10man, you will be stoked to see them get the item and know that the next time it drops your RNG factor just flew up. I would also think that people who are after the same loot might pay attention to each other's gear and know when one minor increase for them is massive for another and pass accordingly in brotherly love.

This is a big reason why we've chosen the /roll system over a DKP or EPGP system. While EPGP was a good system, and I personally liked it, the /roll system combined with a raid leader's final say (for instance, the raid leader can override a /roll if a mage is rolling against a healing priest on a piece of gear with spirit on it) is what we felt was best for Redeemed, especially with the same people raiding together often.

We are giving raid leaders more responsibility in their roles, and they have the final word on anything that happens during that particular raid lockout; but we would also hope that our members are mature and reasonable enough to roll on only what they need, and to defer to other members for whom a piece of gear might be a much bigger upgrade.

As always, if issues arise with how a raid is handled, feel free to contact myself, Shagz, or Bill, and we'll tell you why you're wrong. ...I mean, we'll objectively look into the situation :D

Last edited:
Rolls, eh?

Hrmm.. Doesn't this punish people who can't attend everytime? They could randomly not ever get anything.

It actually favors people who can't attend everytime. /roll means that you always have an "equal" chance to win something each time you go for a drop. EPGP is based off of participation and attendance. So in EPGP, a raider who can't make it to raids will not accrue points with which to buy gear.

I would also think that people who are after the same loot might pay attention to each other's gear and know when one minor increase for them is massive for another and pass accordingly in brotherly love.
^This
i like, but i am not ready yet (my gear is too low)
i heard dps should shoot for 10k before raiding.
is that a good guide line?

Yes. Dps should be able to pull 9k MINIMUM. Shoot for 10k plus. Also, a good iLevel to set as your goal is 345. This, coupled with knowledge of your rotation and instance/raid mentality, can guarantee 10-13k depending on your class.

Yes. Dps should be able to pull 9k MINIMUM. Shoot for 10k plus. Also, a good iLevel to set as your goal is 345. This, coupled with knowledge of your rotation and instance/raid mentality, can guarantee 10-13k depending on your class.

Is that raid buffed or with self buffs only?

raid buffed, you should be able to sustain 10k+ dps. tho with full 346 gear, i was sustaining 10.6k on the dummy with only mark on (boom)

What about HPS?

this is a more "convoluted" number to play with and i will try to answer short and precisely.

1) healers should have the ability to hit 10k+HPS (i know this close to unsustainable during a long fight, but you should have the ability to hit this number)

2) healers should also be able to manage mana properly thru rotation and heal priority.

in essence, you should have some sort of rotation to manage mana and the gear to support it. I haven't heard/researched the proper in combat mp5 but im sure its out there in the internetz somewhere. now go forth, and heal harder.

I guess loot rules don't mean much until we actually start getting some content down. :)

Back