Truth for youth comics

......is that what you did with your wife?
Hmm. Fetish. What a weird word.
No thanks. I would prefer the virgin to the skank any day. I can find out what she wants later.

See, there's this large possibility that you end up finding that you and she aren't compatible in bed. I personally haven't married a virgin, but I've dated some, and the relationship always changes once you start sleeping together.

Sometimes it's not a case of "finding out after you marry" so much as it's a case of finding out after you marry and discovering that you're vastly disparate in appetite and tastes. Few people will END a marriage for that reason, but sure as anything it creates a source of tension, especially when one partner or the other decides to outsource a neglected function of their relationship.

Eon

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Mr_Eon @ Feb. 01 2003,4:47)]I would strongly advise AGAINST marrying a Virgin, peeps. You want your marriage to last forever, right? You want to remain monogamous within it, right? Then why do you not want to find out about your lifepartners hangups, fetishes and appetites until AFTER you get married?

Eon
Hmm, Eon, I think I'm beginning to like the way you think. Heeh.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Nspire @ Jan. 31 2003,11:30)]"Man, this lag sucks. Took me three days to re-spawn." -Jesus
BUGAGAGAGAGAGAGAGAGA!!!

/me falls out of his chair laughing

This is possibly the best signature I've ever seen...

....bugagaga?
Anyways: yes Damar. You would probably like Eon's worldview, seeing as how you both disbelieve in the God of the Christians. "You are what you eat" after all.
Eon, when you say you've dated virgins, and then find out you're not compatible in bed, does that mean you've got some virgins to lose their virginity? That's what I got from what you say.
I still don't agree with what you say, but hey. I believe if you're going to marry a virgin, you at least shoud be a virgin.
And while sexual relationship is a big part of any marriage, it is not it.

Yes Ultima, I'm officially entitled to add the phrase "Maidens Deflowered" to my business card. For what it's worth I didn't have to treat them any differently to any other sexual partner because I'm always a considerate partner.

I believe that marrying someone you aren't already physically intimate with is a big, big, gamble. On the one hand, you might be lucky - she and you might only ever explore sex together and you both might prefer the same thing. In my opinion thinking like that is a vote for "Ignorance is bliss". In that case you better pray you both stay ignorant, because it's the rare relationship that survives sexual dysfunction.

As you say, it's not the marriage, but it IS a large part of the expression of love - somebody unable or unwilling to perform in bed is very much like somebody who cannot address any of their partners other needs, such as being too introverted to say "I love you". It depends on how important their sexuality is to the individual - of course you've no way of finding out until much later and, of course, one partner or the other being unfulfilled leads to straying from the marital bed.

Eon

Deflowered......that's graphic.
Well, I suppose then it's preference. Seeing as how I'm a teen and I so far have zero Christian adults to back me up, I'll have to go with this on my own.
Perhaps affairs will occur: perhaps they won't. I suppose you just got to roll with the punches.
The sex relationship is a union between man and woman. God set it up that way: and he also set up as a law you are to marry one wife only, and only divorce them should they cheat on you, or something like that. Divorce wasn't for whims back in the day of the Jews.
And you know: the great thing about partners is you can talk it out with them. Learn about their wants/needs/desires. You never know. Relationships aren't 100% sex. It's also talking, loving and living. BEcause you don't get what you like in bed gives no reason to leave your partner: that's childish.

Deflowered isn't graphic - it's rather metaphorical, actually.  

You're right - few people leave their partner because they don't get what they want in bed. I would imagine that not even that many leave because they don't get what they NEED in bed.

They leave because of the constant fights and irritations that an unfulfilling relationship causes. They leave because something happens one time, and they cheat on their spouse. Some people discover that they quite enjoy the act of cheating and it becomes a habit. Often they WANT to be caught, so that it highlights their inner unfulfillment to their partner. Even if they don't get caught, it engenders bitterness. If they DO get caught, of course, bitterness breaks out into ugly, open war. It's not pretty.

None of this has any part in a healthy and functional relationship. Sex is immensely important to adults, they spend a LOT of time thinking about it, even adults in relationships. I don't know if you think that this is something that goes away as you leave your teen years - I haven't stopped thinking about sex as I've got older, I've just gotten much better at hiding it.

Eon

Hmm: problems.
Ah yes: the raging hormones of the teenage years. Everyone goes through it. Some people just ignore it, others embrace it, and others are confused about it.
And if you think of the term "deflowered" it does bring up a queer picture in my mind. So yes, in a sense, it is graphic, but also it is metaphorical, in the sense of breaking through the crown of chaste maidenhood.
A relationship just doesn't end because of dissatisfaction, for Godsake! It ends for more than that. You may fight: but dissatisfaction in bed isn't the root of all fights in any relationship! People may have problems and break off a relationship because of sex, or lack of it, but you know: sex isn't the base of every relationship's probs.
For me, I would never want to cheat on my partner. I think it would be a blow to me if they did that "Let's see others" in the dating scenario.
As for me: I don't think about sex 24/7, or even often at all. It's not something I desire so badly right now.
AND WHERE THE HECK IS SOME CHRISTIAN ADULT BACKUP!!!!!!!!!!!!

okay I suppose I would qualify as a Christian married adult. I personally waited for marriage. The bible says not to leave your spouse unsatisfied, don't wit hold love etc. Sure things don't always go as planned but nothing you can't work out...sure as heck isn't worth ruining the relationship over or cheating over. IF God is in your marriage it will withhold much.

being a woman I don't think about that as much as a guy statistically..it's an important part of the relationship but it's not my desire all the time..I am just as content with time spent together doing other things.

Sounds like somebody's in a fulfilling relationship... <bows to Cheryl> You're lucky, and statistically uncommon these days, you know?

And I wasn't suggesting that if everything else was right then a few incompatibilities dooms a marriage - what I said is that it puts a strain on it, can make little things bigger than they really are, and that it makes things harder - just like any unfulfilling aspect of a relationship would do.

Ultima, if as a teen, you aren't thinking about sex often at all then you're a statistical anomaly. Most teens get turned on looking at linoleum. Doesn't mean they necessarily give in to impulses, but they usually have a lot of them. And you're wrong - dissatisfaction in bed is certainly a root for fights in a lot of relationships - sometimes the partners may not realise it's the root cause, but it is definitely a factor.

Sexual hang ups affect our self image, our view of others and can cause all sorts of issues, both in the bedroom and out of it.

Eon

I guess we Christians tend to be anomalies often, then, eh, Eon?
I could be standing in an elevator with Hot Girl AAA for all I care, but I don't think I'd have this sudden impulse to rip of her clothes. It's just not something I have deep inside of me. A lot of people I know, however, express that lust in theirselves.
But for me, I'm happy being this anomaly I am.
Now I know couples that fight as if the world's fate hinges on one's victory in their schism, but I don't think it's the result of sex. I'm sure it puts any strain on any relationship: it's a union of two bodies into one. A lot of weird stuff happens after that. I dunno. I'm still a virgin (WHOO!) and for right now, and I think through my adult years unto marriage, I'm satisfied staying that way.
The thing about guys is this: you can't really tell if they've had sex or stuff like that. Women are slightly easier to tell.
Still: problems of any relationship aren't caused by sex, or lack of it, or mess-ups of it. I would know. I fight all the time with friends and family, and I don't believe the cause of that is that I'm a virgin, or for those who aren't virgins and still fight.

Uhhh, fantasy and impulse are slightly different... <Grins> I don't have IMPULSES about complete strangers either, I just have fantasies.

And actually - Christian's don't tend to be anomalies very often - hence the sickening stench of hypocriscy that can often be found in small town America - where people practice one thing and preach another, and the very worst sin of all is being found out.

You're wrong - the first girl you sleep with will definitely know you haven't slept with anyone... <smiles> There's only so much you can learn from textbooks, dude.

Only in very strange families are arguments caused by sex (except between older daughters and possesive fathers - and even then it's indirect)... As for relations between oneself and a sexual partner - well, there's only so much you can tell someone who hasn't been there. Someday some of what I'm saying will strike a chord - mind you, some of it won't - I'm not a professional sex therapist or anything! LOL

Eon

Yeah well I've exhausted all I can say.
Back to the original topic: these cartoons are screwed up. I don't think they will float with many.

Suddenly there was agreement. Those things ARE very screwed up. ;)

Eon

Sorry, I just kinda gave up. Maybe once I've been through a couple relationships we can pick back up on this. BUt until then....
Madonna Dahmer.....Marilyn Manson....hmm. "This Christian myth I seek to level, for I am both God and Devil." Yeah. That sounds like Marilyn to me.

Back