ToC10/25 and/or ICC-10

I'd like to announce that we downed FESTERGUT! w00t! was starting to get frustrating dying that much but we stuck it out and got him :)

Yep! Thanks to all who persevered and stuck through all the disconnects. For the upcoming Saturday, we'll bring you back to our regularly scheduled programming. :)

And we got Rotface on our third attempt last night! All other bosses were one-shot (including Festergut, which took us a few tries last time). :D

Since the group was half and half split about doing a raid extend. we're going to start with a fresh instance this coming Saturday. :)

We are getting such an amazing group on Saturdays :) It's exciting to do so well and share the experience with each other each week. I've personally never been in any "end-game" content this far before. Before this the furthest i ever got was Karazhan and even then it was never routine on any boss for me.

Thanks to Dan and Christine for running such a great group!

We are getting such an amazing group on Saturdays :) It's exciting to do so well and share the experience with each other each week. I've personally never been in any "end-game" content this far before. Before this the furthest i ever got was Karazhan and even then it was never routine on any boss for me.

Thanks to Dan and Christine for running such a great group!

This is win. I second Reets --> Thanks, Dan and Christine!

One thing that helped us considerably this week was that my explanations where quite brief. :D That, and the fact that we had everyone invited and ready to go within 15 minutes of the start time. We were knocking on Festergut's door within two hours, and that was with people needing to take breaks. And then we managed to kill Rotface despite my lack of control over the slimes. ;)

Note to Professor Putricide: Buddy, your days are numbered!

Thanks to all of you that have stepped up and persevered even when things were rocky. Our group is around half The Forgiven and around half Black Raven Dragoons, all of which have helped us achieve the goal of casually taking down ICC, one boss at a time. :)

It is my firm belief that the number one best way to shorten raid time is to not have to explain boss fights. There are tons of written and video guides to bosses out there, there should be no need to explain the fight in detail every week. When my group comes up to a new boss, we go over it in detail - after that we expect people to remember, or to do the legwork before the raid to remind themselves.

Alan, while I agree with what you said, it's highly dependent on the same core group of people coming back week after week. Which is something that was not the case until relatively recently. :)

Just wait until I toss my noob self into the mix...

Something tells me it will take a loooong time before I see end content anyway. Almost lvl 72 but what I've been hearing is that the gearing up process is long and hard.

I honestly don't know the gearscore of the people we have in the run besides myself. I don't use it for screening. I simply look at armory and see if people have their gear gemmed and enchanted and look to see if the gear matches correct thinking for the class (for instance, if I saw a DPS DK gemming for Agility or Spell Power, well, I don't think they'd get an invite).

My DPS gearscore is really low compared to the content I run, but my two trinkets are iLevel 200. I simply don't have better options right now (and the Greatness Deck is still one of the top 5 trinkets that I can use). Needle-Encrusted Scorpion remains out of my reach thanks to abysmal dice rolls against Hunters and Paladin Tanks ( /boggle ) and, as a tank in ICC-10 and sometimes 25, I simply don't feel it's right to roll against DPS even when I am given the opportunity to do so.

So, while our positions for the time being seem to be filled, I am always on the lookout for people who can fill a spot. :)

[7F]EhUd;386960 said:
Just wait until I toss my noob self into the mix...

Something tells me it will take a loooong time before I see end content anyway. Almost lvl 72 but what I've been hearing is that the gearing up process is long and hard.

Actually, the gearing process is really simple, the easiest it has been in WoW history.

Basically, you run heroics until you have full T9, then you gem it and enchant it.

By that time, you should have gained drops/badge gear/crafted items to fit your other item slots. The hardest things you'll have to gear up are your trinkets.

Neirai has it, just run heroics a lot and weekly raid for emblems and buy your sets. Also try to get into any VoA 10/25 runs. That's an extra few emblems also.

On your way up to 80, try to run the daily dungeons because they're going to be the only badges you're going to get before you reach 80. If you don't level too quickly and do your daily dungeons you should have enough badges to get at least 1 T9 piece. Run VoA 10/25 once you hit 80 for, as Reets said, badges, and the occasional lucky drop of a Hand or Leg piece (hint: when buying T9 for badges save hands and leg pieces for last).

When I hit 80 I was able to buy two pieces of gear - was quite nice. May I ask what minimum gs is required for ToC-10? I am asking so as to be able to grab the Trophy of the Crusade to start buying the higher level Tier 9 gear. I still haven't been able to break into a VoA group either but Adam was kind enough to pull me along on a weekly (which was sooo sweet!). I also hit as many randoms per day that I can stay awake for :)

After seeing just a peek into how much content exists for lvl 80's I am amazed that some of you have time to raise more characters all the way up the ranks. I am an altoholic and just mentally cannot break myself away from playing my 80 to work on my lowbies!

Last edited:
I started running ICC-10 before I ran ToC (successfully). The problem with running ToC to upgrade your emblem gear is called RNG... Not only do you have to be lucky to see the token drop for your particular class but you have to be lucky enough to win the roll to get the token... The entry level T9 gear is sufficient to start in ICC-10. The harder part is getting good trinkets (few and far in between), wands (the Brimstone Igniter from Triumph badges isn't half-bad), necklaces, and offhands (Shriveled Heart from H HoR is better than half the trinkets that drop in ICC-10(N) but is a rather rare drop).

We'll certainly keep you in mind if we have an opening for ICC-10... BTW, we're in need of a regular tank again. ;)

(Shriveled Heart from H HoR is better than half the trinkets that drop in ICC-10(N) but is a rather rare drop).
he means offhand not trinket :O and it is as good as the icc one from 10 man

I was actually hoping to run HoR tonight at some point. Already ran FoS and PoS (twice in one night) and have really enjoyed it. I am a little perturbed by Dan's mention of ToC - I thought that 10 or 25 man ToC was actually pre-ICC as in lineal instance difficulties. I am very thankful to Adam for helping me nail down a great rotation so I am constantly improving my DPS and don't think I am too far from being a qualifying gs for hitting ICC. I was observing in chat earlier that 4.5 gs should be good enough for ToC and since I am at that very plateau I was going to venture into the fray. Maybe I need to do a bit more research. Part of the same trade chat (I heard everyone reading this sigh loudly) actually had a person mentioning that ICC recommended lower gs was 4.8 when it first came out...is this true? I may not be so far away as I thought.

Also, side note, Lance had a great idea of running old world heroics just to get the achievements in case they are removed in Cataclysm and was wondering if maybe we should gauge interest in a thread on the forums. Should be fun to do the forgotten 20 man raids :)

Back