Thursday Nights - WvW

I haven't done a whole lot of it yet, but what I have done was very enjoyable. It was great to be a part of a group that consisted of more than two of us with a bunch of randoms. I may have to install Team Speak on my PC this weekend :p

TS is fun, even if you don't have a mic - it's great having a running commentary while we're smashing faces or having our faces smashed :)

I do have a mic on my headset. The only challenge is that our computer is directly below my daughter's room and, even though our basement is finished with a drop ceiling and everything, sound travels through the floor rather easily so I probably wouldn't talk too much haha

Disregard mic if you don't have one, can't due to location, don't want to, etc.

However, every single person should be on TS for group events so that you can hear others, at least in my opinion. It is simply impossible to communicate as well via text, and also when 80% of people are on TS the ones who aren't tend to get left out because people aren't going to type in addition to talking.

If the folks who don't have/want to be on mic (which is fine!!! :)) can listen, then they can just say what they want via text and it makes the entire thing so much easier. Plus, it feels very lonely doing an event when most people are talking (so not typing) and you can't hear what they are saying.

Yea I plan on installing TS this weekend. I could tell that I would have been more helpful if I was on TS last night so I'll have it by the next time I get on WvW. Who knows, you may even be lucky enough to hear me talk on occasion if my daughter isn't sleeping directly above me :p

Me too! Haven't been on a lot the past week, but definitely up for crushing some BG and JQ scum!

I was! (after I got home from choir rehearsal). I will gladly invite people to groups when I see them (or they ask in guild chat about wvw), but I rarely spearhead guild events/group proactively since my regular job is basically leading/organizing people.

I tend to run EB since I prefer the layout to the borderlands maps :)

Back