Thursday Nights - WvW

RyanB

Legacy of Elijah Guild Leader
In an effort to make things easier to schedule and for people to know when they are, I'm working toward having a set weekly schedule. My hope is not that we create some sort of burden for people to attend everything, but moreso that people can easily realize what is going on when and plan their game time accordingly.

With that I'm happy to announce Thursday as WvW night, until we find a better, starting this Thursday. Avenger will be leading up this effort, part of which includes coordinating with other guilds out there for map placement. We also have Kruzis as a Wvw commander who recently came over with SoLA.

Event will be "come and go", though I will try to narrow down a more specific time. Also don't forget you can get your entire daily inside WvW...so no need to finish that up first as I know we are all keen to do. :cool:

Heh, Everhardt also has band stuff that night. FYI the other likely candidate for doing this would be Tuesday...so folks please don't let my arbitrary day picking get in the way! If one day is better for you, let us know. Squeaky wheel gets the grease!

No worries on the day of the week. It'll work out. I'm sure it would even be possible for some "pick up" WvW on some nights if we have 5 - 10 who feel like having a go for a bit :)

Yep, I'm busy every thursday night directing church choir, but I can hop on around 9pm CDT. Other than Thursday which is regularly busy, my schedule changes every week, so it would be hit or miss anyway. I'm pumped about zergbombing with guildies!

Won't be able to make it this week, but I'm definitely looking forward to it!

Running with a coordinated group makes such a big difference in how effective you can be.

This week is goofy for me, but when I DO have a night that I can commit to playing on an extended basis... it's normally a Thursday.

I feel like there is a Dos Equis quote in there, Brydon. Updating OP to include the timeline: 7-12EST. Of course no one should feel obligated to be there during the whole thing, but this allows everyone to come and go as they are able, and avoids us all trying to queue at the same time.

edit: bah, can't update OP. Bolding time with extreme prejudice.

Last edited:
Well it's 10:30 EST and I just got home from praise band practice. I would have hopped on for some WvW but we are putting our daughter to bed and then turning in early ourselves tonight. I hope you guys had fun tonight!

It was fun - I hopped on after I was done with choir and we broke into JQ's keep on Eternal Battlegrounds. There's something so satisfying about smacking JQ around it's almost sinful!

One thing I feel is worth pointing out - I only spent about 45 minutes playing in WvW last night and almost got my monthly invaders killed, along with 3/5 on my daily without even trying.

Many times I see people avoid events because they feel the urge to get this done, and I agree some events aren't great for that (like dungeons). However...WvW is definitely a place where you can do both...so hop in first and then finish the easy stuff after!

Had a lot of fun in WvW last night. LoL at Helm's Deep.

Gotta figure out what's going wrong with my mic...

The Battle of "Hills Deep" was awesome (can I rename that after the fact?). LoE was VERY undermanned last night, buff and everything, without a lot of help holding the main parts of our borderlands. We had about 10 of us + some PUGs against 50 and by the time we noticed they were attacking Hills, they had already broken through the outer wall and were working on inner. It didn't help they had set up several catapults on our outer wall absolutely wrecking us. I slowed them down what little I could with one person behind the wall putting up reflects/etc while we prepared for the breach. Avenger and crew set up arrow carts and other seige defense in the keep lord's room, as we planned to choke the zerg in the hallway with as much warding as we could. We called for help but expected none to come.

We clashed, and held them as best we could. "YOU SHALL NOT PASS!" But during the mourning of the third minute we looked to the east, reinforcements flanked, and we charged forth to smote our enemy's ruin upon the mountainside.

At least that's how I remember it.

It was epic! I was running the arrow cart directly aimed at the only bridge they crossed into - I love the extra range from spending wxp points in arrow cart - I think they were shocked that I could nail them on the far side of that bridge.

The best part was that one guy who yelled "Hills is lost!" and was promptly rebuked by all of us as we wiped the floor with the enemy's faces. lol.

Ah yes, I totally forgot about that guy! Self-fulfilling prophecy right there had people listened to him...as people tend to scurry once someone makes such a proclamation.

Agree - was great to see such good turnout from LoE, whether it was experienced WvW veterans or newbies just poking there heads in to see what the commotion is about!

Back