THIRD ANNUAL ALL DAY COMMUNITY PRAYER DAY

Status
Not open for further replies.

LITSAFALDA

Prayer Angel, Moderator
Can you believe it????? We are approaching the third year anniversary for our all day community day of prayer. Please pray over this and sign up many praying hands and hearts make the time go fastest for all. Plus more people less time slots to cover.

To prevent some confusion here are the specific times and other information upfront. ( We had several people misreading last year so I am trying to clarify from the beginning.)

The Date and Time of this activity will be SATURDAY Nov 25th until SUNDAY Nov 26th for the entire day beginning at 12 AM EASTERN STANDARD TIME on Saturday and ending at 12 AM EST on Sunday. Again all times are Eastern Standard Time

I am looking for a promise to prayer during a specific time not a specific place such as forums, team speak. etc. I would encourage all of you to take an hour slot so that maybe we can be uplifted knowing someone else is praying exactly at that time, but last year we did not even have 24 people participating and several people still had more than one hour to cover. Also I would rather have the commitment of 15,30, or 45 minutes definitely then a not sure hour. You are welcome to pray any place you would like. For me getting away from the distractions of computer etc is better for me. Again I am asking for the promise of a covered time not a covered place.

When we begin I would like to ask that everyone tries to take a minute at 12 am of both days (Beginning and End ... Alpha and Omega) to ask a blessing for and a thanks for this event. I really feel we need to pull together more strongly and support and uplift each other in Prayer and Praise.

At the end of this event if you feel so led you are more then welcome to share your experiences with all of us.

The format that we have used from the beginning went a bit like this:

Praising God for His unending mercy and love
Asking for His help and guidance
Praying for others.....whoever came to my mind this was HUGE
Praying for yourself
Thanking God for His Blessings

You can do several things. The following is an outline of what my church suggested on how to pray and what to pray.

Pray hymns as you enter Gods presense.... Scripture 1 Thes 5:16-18

Pray hymns of confession & forgiveness

Pray hymns of supplication & petition

Pray scripture..... Psalms 23,24,,25,26,27,65,66,67,95,100, 119 verses 1-8, 106-112, & 169-176, and also chapter 121

Pray for your nations and the world
presidents, leaders, etc

Pray for those people in military service

Pray for your churches & the Christian Church as a whole
Pastors, ministers, boards, education...etc

Pray for people will are ill, recovering from sickness, or heart break... etc

Pray for family and friends
shut-ins , missionaries,teachers, neighbors, travelers, friends yourself ....etc

Don't forget to pray for the unchurched.

Pray hymns of thanksgiving

The Lord's Prayer

Now I know that there is no way I can touch on each of these areas in less then 60 minutes because I know there are many other things that I may forget. Also sometimes prayer is just letting God speak to your heart and soul. Again I am asking for volunteers and support. Ask any of us who have participated in the past, we were truly BLESSED. If 15 minutes is all you have then please let me know so I can get everyone signed up as there will be times needing to be covered. If you want to be assigned a time that is not covered that works also but I need to know so we can see what we can accomplish. With God all things are possible and I know this is something we can do because it is to HIS GLORY

Please respond here, IM me through yahoo, PM me here in forums, or email me with any questions and or commitments.

Blessings,"Angel"

I whipped up a quick page which we can use to keep track of who has committed for what time, viewable at this location. Any commitments I see in this thread (I have it subscribed) or sent to me by Lits will be immediately put on that page. =)

Thank you Sir Thom now I don't have to keep editting....... also they do not have to commit an hour. I would like for people to do so but the promise to pray for any time from 15 minutes on is more what I am requesting.
Blessings,"Angel"

Me, I pray all the time for little things, big things, and whatever thoughts I might have. I think that it's great for a day of prayer, but to dedicate a certain time for something I do all the time anyway seems strange to me.

By the way, I'm hanging out until we get closer to the big day before I commit to a block of time. That way, if I need to fill in somewhere, I can do that.

9pm PST = 12am est
through till
10 pst = 1am est

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back