There's a METHOD to geekiness?

We didn't have anything that cool. We used plastic baseball bats. Lots of fun, but really kinda retarded. :) that's probably the closest thing to a LARP I've ever come to, and probably ever will.

I went with friends once to a meeting for the Society of Creative Anachronisms. It looks similar, but geekier. I'd rather just play World of Warcraft. The advantage is that you're outside, but I think that I'd rather just go camping and fishing.

When I was about 12 (16 years ago for those counting) my family was bike riding in Farragut State Park in northern Idaho. We came up near the area they usually flew model planes and there was a medival tent city set up. We rode our bikes through it, and had some of the "guards" question our transportation and motives. I explained that they were bikes and we were there to kill the king. My best friend and I spent the next hour in their jail.

Forget a cure for baldness or a spare tire, let's work on a cure for role-playing!!!

When I was about 12 (16 years ago for those counting) my family was bike riding in Farragut State Park in northern Idaho. We came up near the area they usually flew model planes and there was a medival tent city set up. We rode our bikes through it, and had some of the "guards" question our transportation and motives. I explained that they were bikes and we were there to kill the king. My best friend and I spent the next hour in their jail.

Forget a cure for baldness or a spare tire, let's work on a cure for role-playing!!!

ROFL

There is, indeed, a difference between cosplay and LARP. LARP is a game, with rules of some sort, some sort of storyline, something.

Cosplay is simply being a character. You may or may not act in character; you may switch back and forth. You may go with a group, with a theme, or you may be independent of everyone else. You may be at a themed event (like Star Wars or Star Trek), or it may be like a con, where everyone does there own thing.

Paul and I did a stint with LARPing; it was fun, and excellent exercise! Especially the battles... We used boffer weapons, which are quite safe.

I have sorta done cosplay. I went to DragonCon this year as a mesmer; my best friend was Lulu (FF). Twas fun.

I explained that they were bikes and we were there to kill the king. My best friend and I spent the next hour in their jail.
Aw, I would NEVER have thought of that!

Back