The Trinity

Dark Virtue

This is another topic on which Christians disagree.

Do you believe in the Trinity? If so, what is your biblical support for it?

As an objective individual examining Christianity, I don't understand why Christians believe in it (I did not as a Christian).

There's no biblical support for the Trinity, the verses that allude to it are pretty vague. Biblical scholars believe that Matthew 28:19, which says, "...baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost" was a later addition (when compared to the earlier Markian version). Evidence to support this includes: Baptism in the early Church, as discussed by Paul in his letters, was done only in the name of Jesus; and The "Great Commission" found in the first gospel written, that of Mark, bears no mention of Father, Son and/or Holy Ghost - see Mark 16:15.

The other reference in I John 5:7 also looks like a later addition, "...there are three that bear record in heaven, the Father, the Word, and the Holy Ghost: and these three are one". Bible Gateway.com includes this footnote, "Late manuscripts of the Vulgate testify in heaven: the Father, the Word and the Holy Spirit, and these three are one. 8 And there are three that testify on earth: the (not found in any Greek manuscript before the sixteenth century)"

So where is the biblical support for the Trinity?

It looks like the origin for the Trinity began with Constantine and the Council of Nicea. Once the "official" church decided on the Trinity, they enforced it harshly. Speaking against it usually resulted in death.

Even Islam disagrees, "They do blaspheme who say: Allah is one of three in a Trinity, for there is no god except One God." (Qur'an 5:73)

Keep in mind that the early Christians did NOT believe in the idea of the Trinity. As Alvan Lamson wrote, " . . . The modern doctrine of the Trinity is not found in any document or relic belonging to the Church of the first three centuries. . . so far as any remains or any record of them are preserved, coming down from early times, are, as regards this doctrine an absolute blank. They testify, so far as they testify at all, to the supremacy of the father, the only true God; and to the inferior and derived nature of the Son. There is nowhere among these remains a coequal trinity. . . but no un-divided three, -- coequal, infinite, self-existent, and eternal. This was a conception to which the age had not arrived. It was of later origin."

This from Harold Brown, "It is a simple fact and an undeniable historical fact that several major doctrines that now seem central to the Christian Faith – such as the doctrine of the Trinity and the doctrine of the nature of Christ – were not present in a full and self-defined generally accepted form until the fourth and fifth centuries. If they are essential today – as all of the orthodox creeds and confessions assert – it must be because they are true. If they are true, then they must always have been true; they cannot have become true in the fourth and fifth century. But if they are both true and essential, how can it be that the early church took centuries to formulate them?"

A few quotes to ponder:

New Bible Dictionary 1982
"The word trinity is not found in the Bible . . ."
". . . it did not find a place formally in the theology of the church till the 4th century."
". . . it is not a biblical doctrine in the sense that any formation of it can be found in the Bible, . . ."
"Scripture does not give us a formulated doctrine of the trinity, . . ."

Exploring The Christian Faith 1992
"nowhere in the Bible do we find the doctrine of the trinity clearly formulated"
"People who are using the King James Version might be inclined to point to I John 5:7 'For there are three that bear record in heaven, the Father, the Word and the Holy Ghost' But it is now generally recognized that this verse does not belong to the original text of the letter; it is a later insertion."
"The theological formulation took place later, after the days of the apostles."
"the doctrine of the trinity is not found in the Bible"
"The doctrine was to develop along mainly Greek lines"

The Doctrine of the Trinity Christianity’s Self-Inflicted Wound 1994 Anthony F. Buzzard Charles F. Hunting
"Eberhard Griesebach, in an acedemic lecture on "Christianity and humanism" delivered in 1938, observed that in its encounter with Greek philosophy Christianity became theology. That was the fall of Christianity. The Problem thus highlighted stems from the fact that traditional orthodoxy, while it claims to find its origins in scripture, in fact contains elements drawn from a synthesis of Scripture and Neo-Platonism. The mingling of Hebrew and Greek thinking set in motion first in the second century by an influx of Hellenism through the Church Fathers, whose theology was colored by the Platonists Plotinus and Porphyry. The effects of the Greek influence are widely recognized by theologians, though they go largely unnoticed by many believers."

Jesus Christ is not God 1975 Victor Paul Wierwille
"Clearly, historians of church dogma and systematic theologians agree that the idea of a Christian trinity was not a part of the first century church. The twelve apostles never subscribed to it or received revelation about it. So how then did a trinitarian doctrine come about? It gradually evolved and gained momentum in late first, second and third centuries as pagans, who had converted to Christianity, brought to Christianity some of their pagan beliefs and practices."

Who is Jesus? Anthony Buzzard
". . . we shall find not a hint that Jesus believed himself to be an uncreated being who had existed from eternity. Matthew and Luke trace the origin of Jesus to a special act of creation by God when the Messiah’s conception took place in the womb of Mary. It was this miraculous event which marked the beginning—the genesis, or origin of Jesus of Nazareth"

Documents of the Christian Church 2nd Ed 1963 Henery Bettenson
(quotes from Arius and his followers)
"If, said he, the Father begat the Son, he that was begotten had a beginning of existence; hence it is clear that there was a [a time] when the son was not."
"The Son of God is from what is not and there was [a time] when he was not; saying also that the Son of God, in virtue of his free will, is capable of evil and good, and calling him a creature and a work."

Encyclopedia Britannica 1968
"The Council of Nicaea met on May 20, 325. Constantine himself presiding, actively guiding the discussion, and personally proposed the crucial formula expressing the relation of Christ to God in the creed issued by the council. 'of one substance with the father.' Over-awed by the emperor, the bishops, with two exceptions only, signed the creed, many of them against their inclination. Constantine regarded the decision of Nicaea as divinely inspired. As long as he lived no one dared openly to challenge the creed of Nicaea."

Thomas Jefferson sums it up nicely
"No historical fact is better established, than that the doctrine of one God, pure and uncompounded, was that of the early ages of Christianity . . . Nor was the unity of the Supreme Being ousted from the Christian creed by the force of reason, but by the sword of civil government, wielded at the will of the Athanasius. The hocus-pocus phantasm of a God like another Cerberus, with one body and three heads, had its birth and growth in the blood of thousands of martyrs . . . The Athanasian paradox that one is three, and three but one, is so incomprehensible to the human mind, that no candid man can say he has any idea of it, and how can he believe what presents no idea? He who thinks he does, only deceives himself. He proves, also, that man, once surrendering his reason, has no remaining guard against absurdities the most monstrous, and like a ship without rudder, is the sport of every wind. With such person, gullibility which they call faith, takes the helm from the hand of reason, and the mind becomes a wreck." -- Thomas Jefferson: Letter to James Smith, Dec. 8, 1822

My question, simply, is that if you believe in the Trinity, what is the biblical basis for your belief?

Is this so inanswerable? I have decided I have to become a Greek, Hebrew, araimica expert, and a Church historian. It seems the only way I will know for sure the whys and hows.

Anyone jump in here?

John 1:1 (KJV)
In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

John 1:14 (KJV)
And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.

Acts 2:17 (KJV)
And it shall come to pass in the last days, saith God,I will pour out of my Spirit upon all flesh: and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, and your young men shall see visions, and your old men shall dream dreams:

Word in John 1:1 is referring to the Father (God)
Word in John 1:4 is referring to the Son (Jesus)
Spirit in Acts 2:17 is referring to the Holy Spirit (which is the spirit of God)

I don’t quite understand why it would be so difficult to believe that there is a Trinity. I mean just in these versus alone it refers to 3 different parts of God. Yet we know that they are all part of each other. I guess it is more difficult for me to understand why it would be so difficult in believing in the trinity because I grew up learning and believing in it. However, it has made me search the scripture and my husband and I have actually discussed this recently that the Bible does not refer to the “trinity” as such but it does refer to the three parts of the Godhead (as I stated before). I am curious as to see what you all would have to say about this.

My opinion :).

Does anyone have any more proof of a trinity and that there is a god head and there are 3 distinct parts to it. That Christ is the Word? that that word is the same as the Lord God of the OT and that his spirit is to be worshiped as a god as well, along with the Lord Jesus Christ.

I need some help here, DV has constantly thrown contricdtions and challenges our way that we as christain can not seem to answer with besides "faith"

I feel we should, someone please explain the trinity and give me and DV and the rest of us the biblical references we need to teach someone else our "truth" of the bible.

I have went thru all DV lists of contractions and have narrowed it down a bunch of questions I can not answer, where they can be only one correct answer. Please someone explain the trinity to me and give me the bibical backing for it.

I want to see a three part Godhead in the bible;
I want to know if God is adament we have no other God before HIM( 1 Him here ) , why do we have a trinity he shares power with.

And if the Lord Jesus Christ is at the Right and of the Father, how can he be the Father?
I mean

Mark 16:19-20
19After the Lord Jesus had spoken to them, he was taken up into heaven and he sat at the right hand of God. 20Then the disciples went out and preached everywhere, and the Lord worked with them and confirmed his word by the signs that accompanied it.

This detail in our infallable word of God( Which is the bible and can be the Lord Jesus Christ himself) That Jesus sat at the right hand of God, they exsist as two seperate enities occuping two seperate spaces.

I am find it hard to prove a trinity bibically.
here is a website that lists bibically the challenges with this

I want to know does the trinity exsist as it is taught, and I would like bibical backing, because if the Bible is Infallable, the the trinity can not exsist.

But maybe I am wrong!

I beg for help in these matters

Very interesting article MA-- I'm going to print it out and show it to my pastor (who just preached on the Trinity about a month ago). He certainly makes a compelling argument... but what's the counterpoint?

Here's a couple of verses:

GENESIS 1:26 And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness:
Not "in our images", but "in our image". Not "after our likenesses", but "after our likeness".

1 JOHN 5:7 For there are three that bear record in heaven, the Father, the Word, and the Holy Ghost: and these three are one.
I don't think that needs any explanation.

So, when you combine the info in your link with the verses I've listed above (and about a bazillion others listed here), you've got a big whopping headache.

My personal opinion, after studying the relevant verses as much as I care to (because my lack of understanding of the Trinity is not a deal-breaker to me), is that it's both. I can see the look on your face, because it was the same as mine: :confused:

Basically, and it's very hard to wrap my brain around, but the Trinity is both separate and one at the same time. Jesus could pray to his Father because they are separate, yet He can remain fully God and fully man at the same time, and remain connected to the Father through the Holy Spirit.

This is one of those instances for me where I have a Chris Rice moment with God-- "Sometimes finding You is like trying to smell the color nine." I hope that someone with a bigger brain than me can explain this more adequately.

I like 2 Corinthians 13 v 14

"May the grace of the Lord Jesus Christ, and the love of God and the fellowship of the Holy Spirit be with you all."

[toj.cc]WildBillKickoff said:
1 JOHN 5:7 For there are three that bear record in heaven, the Father, the Word, and the Holy Ghost: and these three are one.
I don't think that needs any explanation.

I covered this in the OP

The other reference in I John 5:7 also looks like a later addition, "...there are three that bear record in heaven, the Father, the Word, and the Holy Ghost: and these three are one". Bible Gateway.com includes this footnote, "Late manuscripts of the Vulgate testify in heaven: the Father, the Word and the Holy Spirit, and these three are one. 8 And there are three that testify on earth: the (not found in any Greek manuscript before the sixteenth century)"

Gods_Peon said:
I like 2 Corinthians 13 v 14

"May the grace of the Lord Jesus Christ, and the love of God and the fellowship of the Holy Spirit be with you all."

That's nice, but it doesn't offer any proof of a Trinity, does it?

I kind of think the first line of that article says it best - the bible does not teach the trinity.

In Isaiah 48:16 and 61:1, the Son is speaking while making reference to the Father and the Holy Spirit.

Matthew 3:16-17 describes the event of Jesus' baptism. Seen in this is God the Holy Spirit descending on God the Son while God the Father proclaims His pleasure in the Son.

Matthew 28:19 and 2 Corinthians 13:14 are examples of 3 distinct persons in the Trinity.

The members of the Trinity are distinguished one from another in various passages: In the Old Testament, "LORD" is distinguished from "Lord" (Genesis 19:24; Hosea 1:4).

The "LORD" has a "Son" (Psalm 2:7, 12; Proverbs 30:2-4).

Spirit is distinguished from the "LORD" (Numbers 27:18) and from "God" (Psalm 51:10-12).

God the Son is distinguished from God the Father (Psalm 45:6-7; Hebrews 1:8-9).

In the New Testament, John 14:16-17 is where Jesus speaks to the Father about sending a Helper, the Holy Spirit. This shows that Jesus did not consider Himself to be the Father or the Holy Spirit. Consider also all of the other times in the Gospels where Jesus speaks to the Father. Was He speaking to Himself? No. He spoke to another person in the Trinity - the Father.

The subordination within the Trinity: Scripture shows that the Holy Spirit is subordinate to the Father and the Son, and the Son is subordinate to the Father. This is an internal relationship, and does not deny the deity of any person of the Trinity. This is simply an area which our finite minds cannot understand concerning the infinite God. Concerning the Son see: Luke 22:42; John 5:36; John 20:21; 1 John 4:14. Concerning the Holy Spirit see: John 14:16; 14:26; 15:26; 16:7 and especially John 16:13-14.

The tasks of the individual members of the Trinity: The Father is the ultimate source or cause of: 1) the universe (1 Corinthians 8:6; Revelation 4:11); 2) divine revelation (Revelation 1:1); 3) salvation (John 3:16-17); and 4) Jesus' human works (John 5:17; 14:10). The Father INITIATES all of these things.

The Son is the agent through whom the Father does the following works: 1) the creation and maintenance of the universe (1 Corinthians 8:6; John 1:3; Colossians 1:16-17); 2) divine revelation (John 1:1; Matthew 11:27; John 16:12-15; Revelation 1:1); and 3) salvation (2 Corinthians 5:19; Matthew 1:21; John 4:42). The Father does all these things through the Son, who functions as His agent.

The Holy Spirit is the means by whom the Father does the following works: 1) creation and maintenance of the universe (Genesis 1:2; Job 26:13; Psalm 104:30); 2) divine revelation (John 16:12-15; Ephesians 3:5; 2 Peter 1:21); 3) salvation (John 3:6; Titus 3:5; 1 Peter 1:2); and 4) Jesus' works (Isaiah 61:1; Acts 10:38). Thus the Father does all these things by the power of the Holy Spirit.

http://www.christianbook.com/Christian/Books/product?event=AFF&p=1011693&item_no=6287X

Some links that might help:

http://bible-truths.com/trinity.html
  • nowhere in the Scriptures is God referred to or called a "trinity."
  • the word "three" is never used in reference to Who or What God is.
  • the holy spirit is never called "God."
  • since Christ is the Son, He cannot also be the Father or be coequal with His Father. Christ plainly said, "My Father is GREATER than I" (John 14:28).

The Christian doctrine of God as existing in three Persons and one Substance IS NOT DEMONSTRABLE BY LOGIC or SCRIPTURAL PROOF..."
--Hastings Dictionary of the Bible, Page 1015, TRINITY

http://www.biblestudy.org/basicart/trinity1.html
Not only is the word "Trinity" never found in the Bible, there is no substantive proof such a doctrine is even indicated.

http://www.cbcg.org/trinity_part1.htm
If you were to confine yourself to reading the articles on the Trinity in popular religious literature for laymen, you would conclude that the Trinity is clearly taught in the Bible. However, if you read the Bible and what the more technical Bible encyclopedias, dictionaries, and books say on the subject, you would come to an entirely different conclusion. And the more you have studied the subject, the more you would find that the Trinity is built on a very shaky theological and philosophical foundation indeed.

My all time favorite glimpse of the Trinity has already been mentioned, that being in the Garden. In addition, during the tower of Babel, we once again see God speaking to the Trinity:

Go to, let us go down, and there confound their language, that they may not understand one another’s speech. Genesis 11:7

God gives another glimpse in His Word…

And now I am no more in the world, but these are in the world, and I come to thee. Holy Father, keep through thine own name those whom thou hast given me, that they may be one, as we are one. John 17:11

However, the very best picture of the Trinity is the one we read daily and never really notice. Almost every mention of God the Father in the Old Testament refers to the Name Elohim in the Hebrew language. The Name Elohim is plural! The Old Testament Saints knew that the Saviour would come, and I believe they knew they were worshipping God the Father, God the Son, and God the Holy Spirit for when they called upon Him in their native language, they called upon Elohim.

Yes, God is plural... but I could tell you that "we" went to the movies today, and you'd have no idea how many the "we" stands for without me giving you further information. What we do know is that the Father and Jesus, the Son, are definitely separate (why would Jesus pray to Himself in the garden?). We also know that the Holy Spirit is the Helper that Jesus sent to His disciples... but are we ever told that the Holy Spirit is an individual, separate from "the breath of God" or "the power of God"?

I think the issue is whether the Holy Spirit should be revered as part of a Trinity, or whether it should be counted as a part of the Father. Based on all the evidence I've seen, I lean toward it being counted as a third member of the Trinity, but I won't make a hard commitment one way or another. Nor will I try to convince someone one way or another... the Bible is there for the reading, and to you're able to choose which makes the most sense to you.

This is from a book that I adore! It is written by The Bible Answer Man, Hank Hanegraaf ; it is one of the most visually beautiful books that I have been blessed to receive, The Bible Answer Book.

Chapter 52 Page 180

Is the Trinity Biblical?

While it has become increasingly popular to suggest that the doctrine of the Trinity is derived from pagan sources, in reality, this Christian essential is thoroughly biblical. The word “Trinity” – like “incarnation” – is not found in Scripture; however, it aptly codifies what God has condescended to reveal to us about his nature and being. In short, the Trinitarian platform contains three planks: (1) there is but one God; (2) the Father is God, the Son is God, and the holy Spirit is God; (3) Father, Son, and Holy Spirit are eternally distinct.

The first plank underscores that there is only one God. Christianity is not polytheistic but fiercely monotheistic. “You are my witnesses, declares the LORD, and my servant whom I have chosen, so that you may know and believe me and understand that I am he. Ye are my witnesses, saith the LORD, and my servant whom I have chosen: that ye may know and believe me, and understand that I am he: before me there was no God formed, neither shall there be after me. Isaiah 43:10 (emphasis added)

The second plank emphasizes that in hundreds of Scripture passages the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit are declared to be fully and completely God. As a case in point, the Apostle Paul says that, “…there is but one God, the Father…” I Corinthians 8:6. The Father, speaking of the Son, says, “ But unto the Son he saith, Thy throne, O God, is for ever and ever: a sceptre of righteousness is the scepter of thy kingdom.” Hebrews 1:8 Ad when Ananias lied to the Holy Spirit, “But Peter said, Ananias, why hath Satan filled thine heart to lie to the Holy Ghost, and to keep back part of the price of the land?” Acts 5:3, Peter points out, “…thou hast not lied unto men, but unto God.” Acts 5:4.

The third plank of the Trinitarian platform asserts that the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit are eternally distinct. Scripture clearly portrays subject/object relationships between Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. For example, the Father and Son love one another, speak to each other, John 17: 1-26, and together send the Holy Spirit, “But when the Comfortor is come, whom I will send unto you from the Father, even the Spirit of truth, which proceedeth from the Father, he shall testify of me;” Additionally, Jesus proclaims that he and the Father are two distinct witnesses and two distinct judges John 8: 14-18. If Jesus were himself the Father, his argument would not only have been irrelevant but it would have been fatally flawed; and if such were the case, he could not have been fully God.

It is important to note that when Trinitarians speak of one God hey are referring to the nature or essence of God. Moreover, when they speak of persons they are referring to personal self-distinctions within the Godhead. Put another way, we believe in one What and three Who’s.

For further study, see James R. White, The Forgotten Trinity (Minneapolis: Bethany House, 2001)

Hear, O Israel: The LORD our God is one LORD: Deuteronomy 6:4

Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost: Matthew 28:19

In addition MA, I wanted to share this book with you. It addresses the Person of the Holy Spirit.
http://www.baptist-city.com/Books1/holy_spirit.htm

Last edited:
Marcylene said:
My all time favorite glimpse of the Trinity has already been mentioned, that being in the Garden. In addition, during the tower of Babel, we once again see God speaking to the Trinity:

Go to, let us go down, and there confound their language, that they may not understand one another’s speech. Genesis 11:7

God gives another glimpse in His Word…

And now I am no more in the world, but these are in the world, and I come to thee. Holy Father, keep through thine own name those whom thou hast given me, that they may be one, as we are one. John 17:11

However, the very best picture of the Trinity is the one we read daily and never really notice. Almost every mention of God the Father in the Old Testament refers to the Name Elohim in the Hebrew language. The Name Elohim is plural! The Old Testament Saints knew that the Saviour would come, and I believe they knew they were worshipping God the Father, God the Son, and God the Holy Spirit for when they called upon Him in their native language, they called upon Elohim.

This is a good example of the point many detractors are trying to make.

Marcy, how does Genesis 11:7 do anything to prove the Trinity? It does absolutely NOTHING. There is no mention to whom God is referring to, does it? He could be talking to just Christ or to a throng of angels. OUR IMAGE does not imply speaking to Christ and the Holy Spirit.

You mention that Elohim is plural. Granted. I would be more impressed if it was translated as THREE IN ONE. Again, Elohim does absolutely nothing to prove a trinitarian existence. That's like saying a gaggle of geese refers to exactly 29 geese.

[toj.cc]WildBillKickoff said:
Yes, God is plural... but I could tell you that "we" went to the movies today, and you'd have no idea how many the "we" stands for without me giving you further information. What we do know is that the Father and Jesus, the Son, are definitely separate (why would Jesus pray to Himself in the garden?). We also know that the Holy Spirit is the Helper that Jesus sent to His disciples... but are we ever told that the Holy Spirit is an individual, separate from "the breath of God" or "the power of God"?

I think the issue is whether the Holy Spirit should be revered as part of a Trinity, or whether it should be counted as a part of the Father. Based on all the evidence I've seen, I lean toward it being counted as a third member of the Trinity, but I won't make a hard commitment one way or another. Nor will I try to convince someone one way or another... the Bible is there for the reading, and to you're able to choose which makes the most sense to you.

Good points.

When I was a Christian I always considered the Holy Spirit a physical manifestation of God's power, not a separate entity. Could someone point me to something in the Bible that says otherwise?

http://www.icr.org

The Trinity In Ephesians
August 30, 2005

"There is one body, and one Spirit, even as ye are called in one hope of your calling; One Lord, one faith, one baptism, One God and Father of all, who is above all, and through all, and in you all" (Ephesians 4:4-6).
Paul's letter to the church at Ephesus is surely one of the most profoundly doctrinal--yet intensely practical--books of the Bible, and it is not surprising that the doctrine of the tri-une God breaks into his message so frequently. For example, note Ephesians 2:18: "For through [Christ] we both have access by one Spirit unto the Father."

More often, however, it appears not in a succinct formula like this, but rather in inter-connected references to the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit, always implying that each is deity, but never that they are three different "gods." Paul prayed that "the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of glory, may give unto you the spirit of wisdom and revelation in the knowledge of Him" (Ephesians 1:17).

He also prayed "unto the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, . . . That He would grant you, . . . to be strengthened with might by His Spirit in the inner man; That Christ may dwell in your hearts by faith" (Ephesians 3:14,16,17). Thus the believer is "filled with all the fulness of God" (v.19).

We are exhorted to "grieve not the holy Spirit of God, . . . even as God for Christ's sake hath forgiven you" (Ephesians 4:30,32). And "be filled with the Spirit; . . . Giving thanks always for all things unto God and the Father in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ" (Ephesians 5:18,20).

There are others, but note especially our text, speaking of our unity in Him and His tri-unity in us. "There is . . . one Spirit . . . One Lord, . . . One God and Father of all, who is above all [i.e., the Father], and through all [the Son], and in you all [the Spirit]." All this is a magnificent mystery, but a wonderful reality! HMM

Oh, DV, who else WOULD He be addressing? It was a Father/Son/Spirit project, don't cha' know?
I had a Godly Sunday School teacher sing this song to the tune of Frères Jacques:

God the Father, God the Father (hold up your pointy finger)
God the Son, God the Son (now hold up your fingers to form a peace sign)
God the Holy Spirit, God the Holy Spirit (you are now holding three fingers up)
Three in One, Three in One (pass all three through your cupped other hand and hold up one finger!) Yea, that does it for me :) !!!

Here is a nice study. http://www.users.zetnet.co.uk/kking/trinity.html

The point is he could have been addressing ANYONE.

Come on Marcy, you have to admit that there is nothing conclusive to show that he was addressing ONLY the holy spirit and Christ together.

Back