The PS3 is gonna be too much money...

For me, MGS4 makes it pretty tempting, but not enough. Maybe they'll put it to the 360 after a while like they did with 2.

Mr_Slice said:
I'm sorry to be a little angry, but that is a bunch of crap. I absolutely hate it when someone tries to tell me what I should do, or calls me crazy for having a different opinion than them. Maybe the PS3 isn't worth $600 to you, but you have no place to tell others what is should be worth to them.

Anyway, I think you'll be taken more seriously in the future if you discuss topics rather than degrade those with a different opinion. I'm getting the PS3 on launch and for me it is the best thing. Microsoft will never catch Sony in the RPG genre. I am not a FPS fan, which is a very strong selling point for the XBox. And I happen to believe that games like FF XIII, Resistence, Lair and Assassin's Creed will make the system worth the price to me.

As a way to sincerely express my regret that you took offense at my post, I will offer to pay your first therapy bill after you get your head checked.

You seriously need to lighten up there.

MeridianFlight said:
As a way to sincerely express my regret that you took offense at my post, I will offer to pay your first therapy bill after you get your head checked.

I was under the impression that we were all Christians here and would attempt to treat each other with respect. Apparently, I was wrong. :(

MeridianFlight said:

Mr_Slice said:
I was under the impression that we were all Christians here and would attempt to treat each other with respect. Apparently, I was wrong. :(
People, people. We're talking about video game consoles here. I understand it when people get hyped up about evolution debates in the Religious Discussion forum, but this is absurd.

PM sent to both MeridianFlight and Mr_Slice.

EDIT: And in a cruel twist of fate, this is my 5,000th post. -_-

Last edited:
I don't have wholesale pricing on the PS3 yet, but when I do, I'll make sure to give my brothers and sisters here a good cut below retail. Same with the 360 and the Wii. (Well, I already have the 360s, but you know what I meant.)

I agree, $500-600 is too high, and if it wasn't for Sony's manufacturing problems we would be seeing prices about the same as the 360. That and also the fact that Sony is pushing for Blu-ray, which is a very expensive technology at this point (players currently run above the $1k mark.) But, it is a Playstation, so those who aren't set back by the price will be getting great hardware and hopefully great games. Square signing on with M$ though means that the signature series will not be there anymore.

Mr_Slice said:
Microsoft will never catch Sony in the RPG genre. I am not a FPS fan, which is a very strong selling point for the XBox. And I happen to believe that games like FF XIII, Resistence, Lair and Assassin's Creed will make the system worth the price to me.

I agree and Disagree with you on this issue. Right now Sony has more in terms of RPG but I believe Sony's Strangle hold on this Genre is at an end. One of the the main reason's is Square signing with Mircosoft also the Creator of the beloved Final Fantasy Series starts his own company and agrees to make 2 360 Exclusives as his first two games. Also with what it costs to make games now a days it is almost bad business to make exclusives, Which shocks me that the 360 has so many in serveral Genres. Also if you enjoy online gaming 360 has an edge over sony in that area hopfully Sony corrects that fault. I think each system has its strong points but overall I think the 360 might be this Console Generations PS2. At this point in time I see maybe Sony in second and shockingly maybe even in 3rd place. As I see more of the Wii it impresses me even more. I already think the 360 is a good system. But everytime Sony introduces more about the PS3 the more I think they are not going to be worth their money. There however is time to change my opinion I will admit I do not like Sony but in my defense I thought the Wii was going to be totally dumb but they have done enough to make me excited to see how it works. I work part time at a Gamestop so I do get to play all the systems and hear things some people don't know. One of the reason's I am not a Sony fan is the fans of their systems are some of the least informed people about what is happening in the Gaming world but they try to tell you that you are stupid to buy an xbox or a Nintendo. Like you Mr_Slice I hate being told that myself. I will wait and see before I totally write Sony off they however have dug themselves a rather large hole in my book.

I totally agree that the 360 is a good system. I think "best" is a term that is extremely relative, though. I'm sure many people will favor the Wii simply because of its unique concept and fun game offerings. XBox is in fact getting many games now that once were Sony exclusives. There will always be some games that remain on one console, though, and until games like FF XIII go multi-platform I'll be inclined to try and own them all.

I think the PS3 will end up being about equal to the 360. Does that mean they might lose the console war due to the late start and high price starting price point? Yeah, it's very likely, but I don't think the system itself be less than the 360.

I totally agree with you. Its hardware is nice but is it $300 better hardware? Maybe later but not for the first 3 to 5 years. But as you pointed out games sell the system and if your really inot Metal Gear you will get a PS3 Final Fantasy 13 May not be on the 360 but I know 2 others will be. I believe VII is going to be on the 360 and of course XII will be on the 360. What I wish for is Mario games on Multi Platforms!! Sorry loved Mario 3 :)

personally, i can't afford any of them, and most of the games that i'd play (barring FF) also come out on PC. especially xbox games. Halo? PC. Morrowind? PC. Oblivion? PC.

i've even heard an Oblivion player say that PC Morrowind's graphics were on par with Oblivion, save for the characters.

I most likely won't get a PS3 until my PS2 gives out, which will hopefully be a long time coming.

still not too sure about that whole 'wii' thing....

Back