The PS3 is gonna be too much money...

Killerah

$500 for the base, and $600 for the fancy. I can't afford that, I won't be getting one for a long time.

Why would you want one? Did you see the games shown at the press conference? The only game exclusive to the PS3 that looked good is Heavenly Sword.

Oh, and here's a cool little comparison from IGN between the Wiimote and Sony's sloppy ape-job of Nintendo's idea.

Oh please, anyone that really wants one has plenty of time to save the money or put down a little here and there to be ready for release time. And, um, I personally thought Metal Gear Solid 4 looked pretty amazing and it's an exclusive.

Mr_Slice said:
Oh please, anyone that really wants one has plenty of time to save the money or put down a little here and there to be ready for release time. And, um, I personally thought Metal Gear Solid 4 looked pretty amazing and it's an exclusive.

I don't think they actually showed gameplay footage for Kojima's latest. Now granted, MGS 4 is a pretty safe bet to be an awesome game, but I think everything else failed match the "target videos" shown at last year's E3.

Assassin's Creed is coming to Xbox 360, or I would probably committ yet another act of fiscal insanity and purchase a PS3 just for that. I love Factor 5's work, so I'll be keeping watch of Lair. Other than though, what was there?

Gears of War, Halo 3, Twilight Princess, and Mario Revolution all get their time in the sun tomorrow.

You do realize that the actual event doesnt "start" until Wednesday, right? These first two days are only opening press conferences. We haven't begun to see what the PS3 is really offering yet, but we will get a much better glimpse later this week.

Hehe, thats good. I liked their stolen sequal to Goldeneye alot. That's another thing that I thought was just stupid that they did. But if there's one good thing to be said about the confrence is that the psp gets to play PS1 games now. That's a nifty feature for sure.

also dont forget it was confirmed their making FF7 remake, so that will propably be for ps3..... yeah i want ps3.....

Killerah said:
But if there's one good thing to be said about the confrence is that the psp gets to play PS1 games now. That's a nifty feature for sure.
Yes, but will they play import PS1 games? I suppose I was spoiled by the Dreamcast's "region-free" feature. I have <3 for strange Japanese puzzle and platform games and I'd love to see a portable Puyo Puyo Box.

Also FF7 I believe is going to be on the 360 as well! Also Blue Dragon and another Game made by the Final Fantasy Creator and Composer will be xbox 360 exclusives! I think Sony's Dominace in the console market is doomed. With the Cheap Wii and the headstart of the 360 which is also cheaper and anyone with any common sense knows that the Graphics bewteen th 360 and PS3 are going to be the same for the first 3 - 5 years. Also the 360 is easier to program for as well as not as costly because of Blue Ray Tech that is a Sony thing no one else uses it. Games are going to be $10 to $20 more on the P3 because of Blue Ray as well. By far the Wii will be cheaper but I feal graphically it will be the worst (not a bad thing, Gameplay is everything). My two cents. I am a PC gamer 4 Life :0). But I favor the 360 over all consoles because it is more like my PC.

Last edited:
We have almost six months to save for the intial release. I'm happy with it because now it shouldn't be nearly as hard to get a pre-order. :)

Last i heard the ps3 will allow linux to be run on it, I would love to put that multicored wonder to use in a home theater or computer grid. To me the games it will play will be a plus. If it does infact release at 500, I will probably wait about 6 months for the price to drop a little(*cough* to 300)

I rumor at Gamestop that the $500 version is going to be a total rip off there is the possabilty that it cannot be upgraded. It will not read the Multi Media Cards (Sandisk) No wiFi Ability and so on.

OK, anyone in here who is planning to drop 600 dollars on a PS3 (You'd be nuts to buy the 500 dollar version, because the 500 dollar version is even further apart from its more expensive brethren than the Core 360 is to the Premium 360) needs to do two things...

1. Get their head checked. The only two games worth mentioning are Metal Gear Solid 4 and Heavenly Sword.

2. Put that money towards a Nintendo Wii and a Premium Xbox 360.

The Xbox 360 showed up in full force. The number of quality exclusives for this console are staggering (Note: Exclusive means you won't see it on another console with the exception of PC) Gears of War, Mass Effect, Halo 3, Too Human, Lost Planet, Alan Wake, Forza Motorsport 2, N3: Nintey-Nine Nights, and the list goes on.

The Nintendo Wii stole the show apparently, because the lines to play the system broke the E3 record for waiting time. Oh, yeah, that and hands-on impressions are generally positive...an ebullient sort of positive.

What did Sony have?

Grand Turismo HD clearly wasn't ready to be shown to the public. Watch the presentation and you'll find out.

Resistance: Fall of Man was most certainly not rocking it, as most objective hands-on impressions will tell you.

Warhawk is only 30% complete, so don't count on it as a launch title.

Half the bloody games in Sony's presentation were Grand Theft Auto clones. Is that really what you want to pay 600 dollars for? The ability to play countless Grand Theft Auto clones (In case you didn't hear, GTA IV is coming to the 360 at the same time as the PS3)?

Where is Killzone, by the way? After that stellar "target video" (i.e. That wasn't a game engine, just a hypothetical cinematic of what the game could look like) show at last year's conference, it was entirely absent this year.

I wouldn't pay PS2 price (129.99) for the PS3 at this point. It's insanity.

MeridianFlight said:
OK, anyone in here who is planning to drop 600 dollars on a PS3 (You'd be nuts to buy the 500 dollar version, because the 500 dollar version is even further apart from its more expensive brethren than the Core 360 is to the Premium 360) needs to do two things...

1. Get their head checked. The only two games worth mentioning are Metal Gear Solid 4 and Heavenly Sword.

2. Put that money towards a Nintendo Wii and a Premium Xbox 360.

I'm sorry to be a little angry, but that is a bunch of crap. I absolutely hate it when someone tries to tell me what I should do, or calls me crazy for having a different opinion than them. Maybe the PS3 isn't worth $600 to you, but you have no place to tell others what is should be worth to them.

Anyway, I think you'll be taken more seriously in the future if you discuss topics rather than degrade those with a different opinion. I'm getting the PS3 on launch and for me it is the best thing. Microsoft will never catch Sony in the RPG genre. I am not a FPS fan, which is a very strong selling point for the XBox. And I happen to believe that games like FF XIII, Resistence, Lair and Assassin's Creed will make the system worth the price to me.

Back