The Power of God

Stc95 said:
what do you mean, thats one of the best testomies one could have. you were a lamb, that was lost, you were found again and now is growing lots and lots of wool to be sheard for other hairless lambs...

im glad that you found Christ again.

Oh yes, I know it's a good thing :D

I just haven't gotten to the other side where I have a lot of change and fruit to show for it.

techwhosaysnee said:
Oh yes, I know it's a good thing :D

I just haven't gotten to the other side where I have a lot of change and fruit to show for it.

its ok, cause you are growing... right?

techwhosaysnee said:
My testimony is depressing, because I really don't have one yet.

That is an incredible testimony. It shows that God never forgets. He continues to tug. He is always there whispering. He never gives up on us.
Your testimony reminded me of something, now witnessed in real life :)

Has anyone heard of the Prodigal Son?

Time for another testimony…and a walk in faith. (this is big)

A couple of years ago I was deep into prayer. I heard God’s voice in my heart “It is Time.” I wondered “Time for what?” “Time to quit your job and move back home.” Was the answer I received. I lived 5 hours from where my wife’s family was, the place I have called home for the last 20 years. I had a good job, and we were renting a nice house. I was in the process of buying a house on a Golf Course and a Lake. I ignored the voice thinking it was foolish. The next day I got the same thing. “It is time.” This went on for about 2 weeks. I finally told my wife. She said “That is crazy.” “I know, but God is telling us.” I answered. She said “Well honey, I trust your walk with God, so I will do whatever you think is best.” I turned in a 4 weeks notice to my job, and a 30 day notice to my landlord, and ceased trying to buy this awesome house. We went home to visit the next 3 weekends. No house, no job, until that 3rd weekend. At My Mother-In-Law’s church a man came to me and said he was prying and God gave him a name of a company for me to go to. I had 2 job interviews that Monday, I didn’t go to. I went to this other company. I walked in and the man there said they were not hiring. I asked if I could leave my resume anyhow. He said sure. I walked out completely distressed. Before I got to my car he ran out and stopped me. “I have an idea, can we talk?” WOW…You could have knocked me over with a feather. I went back in we talked for about 2 hours. He hired me after that, creating a new position in the company to fit me in. *I am almost in tears right now thinking about it.* It paid well, Monday-Friday 8 to 5, The hours were definitely better. I accepted. Still no house though. We moved down the next week into my Mother-In-Law’s house. 1 week later we saw a house that was available in the best school district. The man told us no, we had too many kids and he doesn’t like kids. LOL. My pastor happened to be driving by the house the next day and stopped to talk to the man. The man called me and told me he reconsidered and we could move in. It was what we needed. So we moved in. 2 months later my wife started having bad seizures, often accompanied by memory loss. Thank God we were near her Mother to help out. 4 months after that the man started freaking out and made us pay for the cost of his septic tank being drained, it was old and decrepit and not our fault, yet he said we had to pay. The lease said he was responsible. I paid it because my whole house was backing up and he wouldn’t do anything. We got into a heated discussion and he evicted us. The next day a nicer, bigger, better, cheaper house opened up…2 doors down. We live there now  Praise God. He attempted to sue us and his lawyer advised him against it. So we have gone our separate ways. I have a great job, my kids go to some of the best schools in the area, and I have a pretty nice house. My wife’s health took a turn that I couldn’t have handled by myself. She has been getting better all the time (she hasn't had memory loss in quite awhile,so long that I can't even remember when it happened last. it used to happen at least once per day.) She has been prophesied over that she is being healed and will be healed completely. I Know that to be a fact.

Isn’t God Good? YES!

Stay tuned next week for more of God’s Work

(sorry for the length)

Last edited:
Ash you are a great blessing to me. I am running my own business and sometimes I feel I am not going any where but I do not feel that God is wanting me to give it up yet if ever. I get to talk to kids everyday. I may not get to witness with my words but I am hoping my life is effecting them. I know I have a friend who is 18 now who used to come into the shop everyday. His parents went to my church and are Elders. But he no longer went to to. He began to hangout here at my shop everyday. soon we began to talk about God. And from there he began to talk about church. From there we began a Bible Study which soon after he began to go to church every Sunday. Than he met a nice Christian Girl which now they are married lol. They maybe young but I felt that if he was the only person I helped here that all the finacial loss I have taken would have been all worth it. I have always had a heart for our teens. I am 27 now I never was a cool guy but my friends have always been a little younger than and I love being around teens. I am hoping to get involved in a teen Ministry in my area doing what I do not know. I do not feeled called to be a Youth Pastor at this point but you never know where God might lead me. Time Is short. Thanks Ash you have been a great blesing to me in your posts. And thank You Mike (Techwhosaysnee) I have enjoyed you post and talking with you in game you have encouraged me and I know I am on the right track to help those who have been hurt by the church. I applaud your faith!! You are stronger than you know!! Everyone here has been a blessing to me in the last year in my Daily walk. Now if I could be faithfull in my daily devotions!

My Testimony

This will be long, I apologize in advance!

As a child, my parents made me go to church. They would take me there and drop me off, then come and pick me up when sunday school was over. It was a small church, On Christmas services we would have 65 people in attendance, on a regular sunday however, more like 25-30, and only 2 or 3 were kids my age. I was baptized there and became a member there, but I didn't really understand how it all worked. I knew there was a God, but I didn't really have a relationship with Him. I just went on living my life for myself.

This continued, and I grew more and more distant from the Lord's will all through high school and most of college. I stopped going to church. I said that I didn't need a church to have a relationship with God, even though I didn't have a relationship with Him. I was of the opinion that it was all a great hypcrosy and that the Bible was fallible because it was written by men. I struggled with evolution. I struggled with Christ being the only way. How could so many other people just be wrong? It didn't seem very fair. I tried to live in shades of grey, mixing Christian principles with wordly views to appease everyone. However, I still called myself a Christian if someone asked, but I really wasn't. But the Lord was after me.

During this time I went to church a handful of times, to a different one each time for some random reason, like to support a friend who was playing an instrument there or something. But everytime I went, I felt like the message was directed only to me. Everytime the sermon was addressing one of the questions in the back of my mind, like the authenticity of the Bible for example. It got my attention, but not enough to change my way of life or thinking. I was playing in a rock band with childhood friends. We had made an album or two, and we were playing all over the East Coast every weekend. It was great in a way at the time, girls, alcohol, seeing the country and all.

Then I started a new job as a co-op the summer before my senior year of college. A co-worker, and now very good friend, asked me this question: "If you died right now, are you sure you would go to heaven?" Well, I wasn't sure. I became very scared. I lived in the fear of hell. I had to find a way to make sure I was going to heaven! I spent days wondering if I had done enough to ensure my salvation. If there was something else that I needed to do.

Then one night, when I was sleeping, I had the most vivid dream I have ever had. I can remember it like it was yesterday. I will paraphrase it here. I was running across my parents yard where I grew up to go to my best friends house. It was sunny, but it was raining very hard. My father was working in the garden and my mother was working in the kitchen, looking out the window. They could both see me. Then I tripped and fell flat on my face. I was face down in the grass, and I couldn't get up. It was raining so hard that the water began to pool up and I began to drown. I literally remember having the sensation of suffocation in real life. I was asleep, suffocating, and I couldn't get up. Panic began to set in. I could see my mother and father in my peripheral vision, but they were not coming to save me. Then I heard a gentle voice from above and it said to me "All you have to do is say it David, all you have to do is say it." And at that point I cried out "I give my life to Jesus Christ! I give my life to Jesus Christ!" And I instantly awoke from my sleep and took a deep breath, because I was face down in my own pillow, suffocating!

After that my fear went away and turned to this love and gratitude at the realization that there was nothing that I could do to get to heaven, that it had already been done for me, on the cross. It was such an amazing feeling, a burden being lifted. From that point on a change began in me. My priorities shifted. So much so that some of my friends became openly "worried" about me and tried to have an intervention of sorts. My wife, then fiance, and I found a church home in which we are active. I needed to take communion. I had to quit the band. I just had to. I did not like who I was when I was with them anymore. I only did things that I would never do anywhere else in that environment. It was so hard, but so easy, all at the same time, to walk away from it. So much has changed in me, I can't write it all here, this is long enough already. It is amazing how once you put your trust in Him how He removes your doubt and/or gives you the grace to accept things that you can't understand. I am still far from where I should be, but I liken my walk with the Lord to the stock market, it has its ups and downs, but over time, on average it is always going up! The Lord works in great and mysterious ways and He is so very good!

Last edited:
Dredd...I am so glad that I have been able to help. That is why I created this thread. When we begin to falter, stumble, or just question, We can go here and remember Jesus Lives, and he cares!!!!
We have all been brought together to gain strength from one another in a game that is otherwise corrupted for the most part.
Let's give thanks and praise to God for all that he has done.

David...that is a great testimony, You are an inspiration.
None of us are perfect, but you are working towards it. I just hope we all are.

Even Peter began to sink while walking on water, when he took his focus off of Jesus.

All we can do is try and keep our focus on the Lord as much as possible.

This is a great thread. Mine are going to be short, due to my injured arm.

I suffered migraines for years, starting in high school. No drugs really helped, the doctors couldn't find a cause or a solution. They eventually became frequent enough that they were impacting my walk with God, my job and marriage.

I had prayed about it off and on, but with no real hope or desire, which was my mistake.

One service about 3 years back I woke up Sunday morning with a really bad headache. Normally I would have gone to the emergency room, but went to church instead. Right in the middle of the worship service, I felt let to go to the altar. At first I hesitated, since it was during worship. Finally I let go and went to the altar. I knelt down and immediately began crying and speaking in tongues. I finally told God I couldn't deal with it any more....I was desperate, and just wanted to put it in His hands.

The headache went away instantly, and I haven't had a migraine since. It's been almost 3 years now.

Smaller, more recent one:
I broke my wrist a couple of weeks ago, and had to miss some work. Since I don't have any sick days, I was worried about either using up my vacation or going unpaid. My wife and I prayed about it, and when I went back to work found out I actually do have a week of sick leave. My employee manual says nothing about it. :)

I refuse to let this thread die :)

Is tithing necessary? I think so. I don’t have my bible with me so I don’t know the scriptures (usually I have it at work with me, but I was late today.). This is not a bible discussion though, but a testimony.

We had a big car, and we had a station wagon. But the family was getting bigger (growing up). So we went shopping for a van. We found one that was in our budget. We had $500 to put down, but the salesman told us we needed $1000 down. We had it, but that means we’d have to cut into our tithes. We told him we could only put $500 down. So he showed us a nice car. We could all fit, but it was a little tight. It was nice, but my wife and I decided after test driving it we really needed a van (5 kids, we didn’t have our nephew yet.). We talked about putting the $1000 dollars down, but decided “NO…that is God’s money.” We drove back up to the dealership and the man met us before we got out. Good news he said. I can give you that van for $500 down. He never asked if the car would be ok. We never said anything like, we really need the van; we will have to shop around some more. He just came out and offered it too us. I truly claim that God honored us for promising that money as our tithe.
Next…today…Money has been a little tight lately. We haven’t been tithing for a little while (shame on me, I should know better after my last testimony as well as 100 other instances.), So this week I decided I was tithing no matter what. August is a bad financial month though. I have 2 kids with Birthdays, School supplies for 6 kids, school uniforms for 6 kids, a dad with a Birthday, A Father-In-Law with a birthday, a nephew with a Birthday, and 2 sisters with Birthdays, and my youngest son is having surgery (not serious, laser surgery on a birthmark, which is yet another testimony), and 3 of our 5 computers have failed in one way or another. I was going to tithe anyway. Now in the last week, I have gotten 4 unexpected bonuses from work ($100 WalMart gift cards x2, $25 Gift card for Blockbuster Video, $25 gift card for the movie theatre), our electric bill went down $100 (in summer, in Louisiana…LOL…that still amazes me, we have done nothing different except maybe run the Air MORE), My wife got paid to help someone get their Masters in teaching ($15 per hour for about 20 hours), and three people have cooked us dinner (feeding a family of 8 IS expensive btw,$15 per meal more or less). The way I see it, that is about $700. I should be able to cover school supplies, uniforms, and birthdays. WOOT!

Is tithing a Heaven or Hell issue?…I am not sure.
Will God bless you for it?…Absolutely.

update...a $100 dollar check just came in the mail today from Alltell for a rebate that we applied for 3 months ago...WOOT.

aka Ash said:
Is tithing necessary? I think so. I don’t have my bible with me so I don’t know the scriptures (usually I have it at work with me, but I was late today.).

Is tithing a Heaven or Hell issue?…I am not sure.
Will God bless you for it?…Absolutely.

Great testimony! It is really an encouragement to me in an area that I frequently struggle with.

You're in luck, i justed posted this one in the "favorite verses" thread! I love it because God actually says to test him in this! I don't believe that you have to tithe to obtain salvation, that is impying that what Jesus did on the cross was insufficient. But I do believe God will bless in abundance those who tithe.

Malachi 3:8-10 said:
"Will a man rob God? Yet you rob me. "But you ask, 'How do we rob you?' "In tithes and offerings. You are under a curse—the whole nation of you—because you are robbing me. Bring the whole tithe into the storehouse, that there may be food in my house. Test me in this," says the LORD Almighty, "and see if I will not throw open the floodgates of heaven and pour out so much blessing that you will not have room enough for it.

EDIT: I would also like to add this verse:

2 Corinthians 9:7 said:
Each man should give what he has decided in his heart to give, not reluctantly or under compulsion, for God loves a cheerful giver

Last edited:
wow...amazing...
Is God trying to tell us something?

Azureson posted just minutes after I did about tithes...Thanks for the scripture.

Love the testimony on tithing. My wife and I have had so many occasions of putting tithing first, and unexpected blessings coming. Things have never gone as smoothly financially as when we put God first.

It's a lesson I've had to learn the hard way.

I have stickied this because I think it is a Wonderful thread pls keep it on topic as much as possible!

Flying the Friendly Skies

A quick story about the power of prayer.

A few years ago, my wife and I were flying down to New Orleans (Nola) for a long weekend to celebrate our anniversary in the city where we met. We had a lay over in Chicago's O'Hare airport. Well, our flight from Washington DC left very early in the morning, and needless to say we missed our initial flight from DC to Chicago, but they managed to get us in on the next flight. However, we still missed our original connecting flight from Chicago to Nola, so they put us on standby for the next flight to Nola.

Well, O'Hare is a really busy place. And after nearly 10 hours and being put on standby for 5 or 6 flights, I can't remember the exact number, we still had no flight to Nola and no way back home either, and there were no more flights going to either DC or Nola until the following day. My wife was in tears. It was very stressful. But we stopped in the middle of the airport and prayed together.

Then I decided to make one last plea to the fellow at the booth if he could do anything to get us home at that point. This was the sixth person I had spoken to at O'Hare, he had just come to the podium, and his demeaner was totally different. He was smiling, laughing, and very polite, even though almost everyone around him was weary and disgruntled. I explained to him our situation and that we just wanted to go home. He took our tickets, looked at his computer, and asked me 'Do you go to church?' I replied, 'Yes, but not as often as I should'. He then replied with a wink, 'Well, I believe that their is always someone else flying the friendly skies. Let me make a phone call.'

Before I knew it, he had us on a departing flight to Nola on a COMPLETELY DIFFERENT AIRLINE (against all rules and policies, this just isn't done) at NO EXTRA CHARGE! I was dumbfounded. We made it with time to have dinner on the Riverwalk. I never will forget that man's face. I don't know who he was, but what I do know is that the Lord was using him.

Helping someone get a flight so they don't have to stay in an airport overnight may seem trivial compared to other things, but it reminds me that nothing is too small for God, and He will help out if you just cry out to Him.

azuresun said:
Helping someone get a flight so they don't have to stay in an airport overnight may seem trivial compared to other things, but it reminds me that nothing is too small for God, and He will help out if you just cry out to Him.

The Power Of Prayer at work...Praise God! That was a miracle in action. Thanks for that inspiring story Azure

And no an overnight stay in an airport is anything BUT trivial, especially O'Hare...LOL(I grew up in Chicago...btw)

"Little" Joys

Hey All,
I wanted to post a praise that seems kind of "little." Here it goes:
I moved a long ways away like I have said before, and I have been praying for a job for my wife and myself for some time. The thing is, I have not worked in nine months because my wife was a first year teacher and wanted my help her at school instead of financially. So you can imagine how hard that makes it and how unappealing to employers- especially since I only have a high school diploma. So with all these odds stacked against me the best thing I could do (and in hind sight the first thing I should have done) was to pray. A month passed by with no answers and I was very upset because my wife had finished her one year contract and the money stopped coming in. We moved back with my parents (you can imagine how hard that is for a married couple) until we could find a place/get jobs. I had about given up on praying for what I wanted and just let God do whatever He pleased. I went to church and put down the job situation as a prayer request. Two days later, I got a phone call for an interview. I went in and they were really impressed with how I handled myself. The best part of the whole thing though was this: not only was I getting a job, I was getting to do one I could excel at! They offered me the job and I start this Tuesday. It's a "small" job at a chain-store but I am happy and very thankful. Hopefully I will be able to afford a place soon.
That's it. I am new to this sharing thing but I am trying to expand! :cool:

Back