The Hunger Games

i dont like the tablet aspect i really like the e ink. The Nook simple touch is waht im thinking of getting atm honestly

i dont like the tablet aspect i really like the e ink. The Nook simple touch is waht im thinking of getting atm honestly

It's really nice. I love it. I don't use it as much now though, because I have the iBooks. I like the Kindle Fire alot . Might eventually sell the nook.

what do you read the ibooks on? and I sell them at work and i just don;t like how they are. They could of been made WAY better and they cut a lot to make them 200 dollars

what do you read the ibooks on? and I sell them at work and i just don;t like how they are. They could of been made WAY better and they cut a lot to make them 200 dollars

I just use the iBooks app. Then I get most of my books off of epubbud.com.
Ahh, okay. I knew they would've cut alot to make it $200. Wondered if it was still worth it.

I am thinking of reading it, however I don't know if I can without feeling embarrassed. Especially if I like it, and then have to convince someone to see the movies with me o_O...

The big question... Will I lose some male respect by reading it?

Its not a romance novel, its hardcore stuff man! This is no chick book.

Something about this makes me wonder if it is a sarcastic remark.....

Oh and I'm almost done with Inheritance. Talk about a good book! On a scale of 1 to 100 with 1 being whoever the heck wrote twilight, and 100 being tolkein, I'd put Christopher Paolini as a 90. He is a very good writer.

I am thinking of reading it, however I don't know if I can without feeling embarrassed. Especially if I like it, and then have to convince someone to see the movies with me o_O...

The big question... Will I lose some male respect by reading it?

Dude, this really isn't a chick book. Kids tear each other apart in it. There's a ton of violence, beyond the levels of Twilight. Just think about it like this, modernized gladiator fights, but with kids, that literally kill each other and torture each other in order to survive, while a higher group of people, the capitol, watch it for entertainment. When they get bored, the creators of the games make something happen so more bloodshed to happen.

There's romance, but nothing that will make you lose male respect..like twilight...which I DIDN'T read....o_O....If you'll buy me a ticket to wherever you live, i'll go see it! Haha...I'm actually looking for a buddy to go see the movie. My dad might be interested..but..that's not the coolest, lol.

Something about this makes me wonder if it is a sarcastic remark.....

Oh and I'm almost done with Inheritance. Talk about a good book! On a scale of 1 to 100 with 1 being whoever the heck wrote twilight, and 100 being tolkein, I'd put Christopher Paolini as a 90. He is a very good writer.

Paolini is very, very good. I started reading Inheritance but got into Jumper...which got me into the Hunger Games...so i'm looking to get back to Inheritance. I'm 13 so when Paolini had the book published at 17 it gave me the extra kick in the rear end that made me want to start writing. Fun stuff. I read the first three, and have the movie. I love the series.

Dude, this really isn't a chick book. Kids tear each other apart in it. There's a ton of violence, beyond the levels of Twilight. Just think about it like this, modernized gladiator fights, but with kids, that literally kill each other and torture each other in order to survive, while a higher group of people, the capitol, watch it for entertainment. When they get bored, the creators of the games make something happen so more bloodshed to happen.

It is like the Truman Show on steroids!

To be honest when i first started reading it i kinda felt like my man card was going away because the whole thing kinda seemed kiddy... But after reading them HOLY COW! So impressed by the series and seriously want to reread them

Big mistake. Don't read it til finals are over! ...& I'm sorry you bought the books before I could give them to you for free :(

Yep, book 3. I love the series. I'm considering reading it for a second time. Soo good. President Snow is very different, but pretty cool what they do with him. The roses and blood smell is definetly a key thing to the plot in book 3. You will LOVE book 3. It was soo good. I didn't want to do anything but read the entire time i was reading those.

I just finished..... Narius how could you lie to me!

I want to go back to book 2! I hate book 3.. I feel so..... /sob

LOL I'm not going to tell you to not click it cause then that's just gonna make you want to click it. So, I'm just going to leave you with your own paranoia.

I just finished..... Narius how could you lie to me!

I want to go back to book 2! I hate book 3.. I feel so..... /sob

GASP. You hated it!? I thought it was the best! Then again...i like books that get me so into it
that it'll make me start crying because i like the characters so much

I just bought the first book 2 days before both my Anatomy and Chemistey final.... Mistake?

Yeah...that was a big mistake. More so than getting the physical copy of SWTOR instead of the digital and your wife making you wait until christmas to get it...dos......lol, sorry. I just had to do that. If he's even reading this stuff.

I wouldn't even try to open it until after finals. No matter how much you want to...maybe try hiding it under something you don't like?

Back