The Hunger Games

Narius

Anyone here a Hunger Games fan? I read the first two in two days while on a car ride for thanksgiving. GREAT trilogy. Just finished Mockingjay. Wanted to soak it in more.

I LOVE them and absolutely cannot wait until the movies.

I'm on Book 2 right now and am having a hard time trying to study with it around! It's sooooooo gooood! I really want to find out why the President smells like roses and blood : Friends tell me it's in book 3??

I'm on Book 2 right now and am having a hard time trying to study with it around! It's sooooooo gooood! I really want to find out why the President smells like roses and blood : Friends tell me it's in book 3??

Yep, book 3. I love the series. I'm considering reading it for a second time. Soo good. President Snow is very different, but pretty cool what they do with him. The roses and blood smell is definetly a key thing to the plot in book 3. You will LOVE book 3. It was soo good. I didn't want to do anything but read the entire time i was reading those.

I just finished book 2. OH MY GAAAAAAAAWSH! And I do that in a really excited girly squeal which I never do because that's how good it is. I hate the series because it just drops a bomb on me/slams it in my face and then goes "END OF BOOK 2." At the same time, I love it because regardless of finals week coming up, I'm trying my hardest to not pick up the third book at this second. It's staring at me..... I'm sort of sad about how we probably shouldn't talk about the book in depth without giving away too much information to people who might read it :D

Last edited:
You can talk about it all you want, just wrap
[ spoiler] and [ /spoiler]
around the stuff that you want kept safe. (remove the space at the front in those examples.)

Last edited:
I just started reading it, after reading some people's reviews about the author "not doing so well in the character-development department", I actually find the book quite gripping after the first 20 or so pages, although not done to perfection, the characters seem to be developing quite well.

Wow, the characters are really great, not sure how people could be critical on that part.

Last edited:
I just finished book 2. OH MY GAAAAAAAAWSH! And I do that in a really excited girly squeal which I never do because that's how good it is. I hate the series because it just drops a bomb on me/slams it in my face and then goes "END OF BOOK 2." At the same time, I love it because regardless of finals week coming up, I'm trying my hardest to not pick up the third book at this second. It's staring at me..... I'm sort of sad about how we probably shouldn't talk about the book in depth without giving away too much information to people who might read it :D

Book 3 is so great! I know..the book is telling you to pick it up no matter what...

So many good things happen..and so many bad things happen..Finnick's character is really developed in book 3. You get to meet a new person from his past that's really cool. When it gets to a close, you'll know what part i'm talking about when you get to it, you will be suprised. Remember when Rue died in Book 1? Yeah...it's going to get as sad as that. Book 3 is so gripping. Best one of the trilogy. I can tell you now, honestly, there were probably 4 different times I cried in the book. I just love them.

All in all, I'm a big Harry Potter and Twilight fan, but this beats them both. I love how Katniss isn't running to the boys, like Bella, but
the boys are chasing after her. You never know if it'll be Gale or Peeta

I really like how she's the heroine, the way she's portrayed. Bella was in Twilight, but she was really weak most of the time. In this one, Katniss is the biggest hero. She's just very cool..I can't say a ton more without spoiling anything for you in book 3.

You can talk about it all you want, just wrap
[ spoiler] and [ /spoiler]
around the stuff that you want kept safe. (remove the space at the front in those examples.)

Thank you! I'll do it after I read the 3rd book which shouldn't take too long :p

Wow, the characters are really great, not sure how people could be critical on that part.

I don't understand it either. Some people started going Team Peeta and Team Gale but all I wanted them to do was shut up cause this is so much better than Twilight IMO. I like the characters and their development and if Galatians says their "amazingly well-written" then it's true! :D

Book 3 is so great! I know..the book is telling you to pick it up no matter what...

So many good things happen..and so many bad things happen..Finnick's character is really developed in book 3. You get to meet a new person from his past that's really cool. When it gets to a close, you'll know what part i'm talking about when you get to it, you will be suprised. Remember when Rue died in Book 1? Yeah...it's going to get as sad as that. Book 3 is so gripping. Best one of the trilogy. I can tell you now, honestly, there were probably 4 different times I cried in the book. I just love them.

All in all, I'm a big Harry Potter and Twilight fan, but this beats them both. I love how Katniss isn't running to the boys, like Bella, but
the boys are chasing after her. You never know if it'll be Gale or Peeta

I really like how she's the heroine, the way she's portrayed. Bella was in Twilight, but she was really weak most of the time. In this one, Katniss is the biggest hero. She's just very cool..I can't say a ton more without spoiling anything for you in book 3.

I think I know who you're talking about regarding Finnick and what is this about
me possibly crying in the 3rd book. It can't possibly be Rue-sad! :( I was definitely really sad at the end of book 2 because I don't know what's happening to Peeta...

As for this series being better than Harry Potter... I think a lot of people will rage on you if they knew you said that LOL but I do agree that it's better than Twilight :D

I honestly loved both harry potter and hunger games! But a lot of people i went to school with say i remind them of peeta lol.
I think i might reread them after im done rereading harry potter!

I think I know who you're talking about regarding Finnick and what is this about
me possibly crying in the 3rd book. It can't possibly be Rue-sad! :( I was definitely really sad at the end of book 2 because I don't know what's happening to Peeta...

As for this series being better than Harry Potter... I think a lot of people will rage on you if they knew you said that LOL but I do agree that it's better than Twilight :D

Oh, you've got another thing headed for you...
Rue's death pales in the light of this book..it still makes me cry though, about Rue.

Haha. I love Harry Potter, this trilogy just got a hold of me and threw me off the Harry Potter bandwagon, before pulling me into the Hunger Games cart. It is alot better than Twilight. I prefer this over all that mopey stuff.

I honestly loved both harry potter and hunger games! But a lot of people i went to school with say i remind them of peeta lol.
I think i might reread them after im done rereading harry potter!

Haha! I loved Harry Potter too. Peeta! I might have to start calling you that... : P. I was re-reading Harry Potter, got to the 3rd, and then started Jumper and without realizing, I was on The Hunger Games. I wondered how I got there a few times, but OH MA GAWSH i'm so glad I did!

Hey...maybe I jumped! Hmm...since I already control the Force -- that pesky remote just has a strong will -- I should try jumping!

Last edited:
Well im convincing my dad to buy me a nook or a kindle for christmas so im gonna start reading a lot more again! super excited :)
But yeah I'm super proud they thought i was like peeta since he is such a strong, well rounded character how else could you not love him?

Well im convincing my dad to buy me a nook or a kindle for christmas so im gonna start reading a lot more again! super excited :)
But yeah I'm super proud they thought i was like peeta since he is such a strong, well rounded character how else could you not love him?

Haha. Yeah, Peeta is great. I have a Nook Simple Touch Reader. It's only $99 now. Really nice device, it just doesn't have a back light. I was going to ask for a Kindle Fire, but not sure how that'll turn out.

Back