Tek and Ember sequel announced, scheduled for Feb. 2011 release

Congrats. And to help you name your new addition since you had such trouble picking WoW character names, I have decided to help. When in doubt, use the random character name generator:

Castiffany
Cacaliana
Evirenceli
Ione
Kimisea
Leatia
Bethedia

Hope these help.

Wonderful news! Please don't throw flashbangs in the spawn (the doctors get mad).

I think you should go with a Biblical name. How about Delilah, Hagar, or Jezebel?

Congrats. And to help you name your new addition since you had such trouble picking WoW character names, I have decided to help. When in doubt, use the random character name generator:

Castiffany
Cacaliana
Evirenceli
Ione
Kimisea
Leatia
Bethedia

Hope these help.

If ever there was a time for a voting poll thread it's now.

Coincidentally if ever there was a time Tek would ban someone it would be if that poll was made.

You know I am beginning to get an odd notion Tek may have hesitated when he made this thread... nah must be misplaced feelings of mercy for Tek. :p

Last edited:
Congrats!!! Awesome news!

No doubt. I agonized over naming my World of WarCraft characters. Naming our first-born child is going to be a task of epic proportions.

There are plenty of beautiful video game names that would be unique for kids names!

I always loved the name "Arwic" (town in Asheron's Call), and if I was going to have more kids, I would name a daughter that in a heartbeat.

Last edited:
WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO auog ae7aegaeu hsailhd uriiur aiarugeariu hiaru hgieuarh ieurhg ilreu hgeiau hgilearu hgaeilu aeiliaerl w09 t0492 uebgkj hxjhlskh gfughy 94 ywa4p;t9s hdiuf7u9fhg rge are gyeag98y ear9 gye9g y89rgy98egy 9g e9rgya9eryg9ae8gy9ea8r g9eagy 9eagy 9agyr 9a8reyg9pag jhko;W;P A;O A;ORG ;OARG O; ;o;O ; ;aohgeurg i;loeaglag fhglzkughliuarhgilaliar ghlaerglearghlaeirghaerg

<----- is excited for you

Thanks to everyone's who has posted congratulations so far! :)
O.O A heir to the throne! Someone to pass the mighty ban hammer down to.
I imagine I'll probably pass the banhammer on to someone else before my daughter's old enough to take over. I have my doubts I'll still be leading Tribe of Judah and the CGA when I'm 45 or older.

But I already have plans to pass along my DS Lite to her one day after I get a 3DS. :D

Guess you better finish up all your games before your February release date as your time is going to be taken up :) .
Already thought of that and planning on compiling a list of single-player games to finish before then. Preference will be given to M-rated and T-rated games for obvious reasons.

Games in the backlog include Max Payne 2, Psychonauts, and Beyond Good & Evil.

Gerbilella, Gerbette, or Gerbilonda. I so helpful :p .
Gerbilella is just too much fun to say. I think we have a nickname for Gerbil's future daughter...

Call her Kerrigan!
I don't think I'll be naming my firstborn child after the Queen of Blades.

And Sarah is too common for my tastes.

/nitpick

And really, you can never go wrong with Megatron for a baby girl.
Nah, sounds too much like Metatron. Don't want people thinking we're gnostics.

Ooooh, oooooh, can I be the evil vizier/prime minister who always throws a wrench in these things but gets foiled at the end?
Chancellor. It's always the chancellor.

There are plenty of beautiful video game names that would be unique for kids names!

I always loved the name "Arwic" (town in Asheron's Call), and if I was going to have more kids, I would name a daughter that in a heartbeat.
Our poor child will already have to spell out her last name every time someone asks for her full name. (Yes, our last name is that rare.) We're hoping to give her at least one name that people can spell without having to ask.

Castiffany
Cacaliana
Evirenceli
Ione
Kimisea
Leatia
Bethedia

Hope these help.
/blink

I wouldn't name my character Castiffany (except maybe as a joke), let alone a human child. "Cacaliana" sounds like a cruel childhood nickname. The rest are less bad, but still...no.

I didn't realize how hard the WoW random name generator fails.

I think you should go with a Biblical name. How about Delilah, Hagar, or Jezebel?
I'll already have to convert my banhammer into a sledgehammer when my daughter reaches adolescence. The last thing I need to do is encourage the wolves in sheep's clothing by naming her after a "wicked woman" in the Bible. I haven't forgotten my youth group days quite yet.

Which is a shame, because Delilah is actually a pretty name. But even if it weren't associated with a beautiful (Samson wasn't that daft without good reason) but evil woman, I'd still think of the late night radio show host.

Nuh uh.

Our poor child will already have to spell out her last name every time someone asks for her full name. (Yes, our last name is that rare.) We're hoping to give her at least one name that people can spell without having to ask.
Story of my life. . .And my last name isn't all that rare. It just has a German pronunciation which throws people off.

At least I can share it with my wife and kids.

Congratulations. Combine the two? Tember? Or another Bible name like Jael?

find some chemical or scientific name for her.
I've already decided if I get married and have a daughter she'll be named Sarin.
A.) Because it is a sounds like a nice, but cool name, and B.) It sounds like the name of someone who can take care herself.

...Of course I'd have to convince my future wife of such a thing.

I think it's quite nice, actually. One of my very dearest friends just named her daughter Saryn.

Tek's idea of "sounds like the name of someone who can take care of herself" (and also "sounds like someone no one is gonna mess with") is Athena. I vetoed that name. =P Tek says that can just be her handle online. =D

To answer your question Gerbil, not sure yet....my wife is pregnant also though. Just found out about two weeks ago. Found out the day before yesterday that she is nine weeks...too early to tell if its a boy or girl, but I'll keep you posted! When the baby is born though I'll be sure to share my singing then too!!

hmm, girl names eh? lessee.....Camille, Angel, Lira, Alicia or Beretta. my 2 cents!

YAAYYYYY~

Now I can say that I really LOLed at Gerbil's post.

I am so so so so soooo excited.

Should I say it? Since "everyone" else is, my wife is pregnant as well. But she has been for months. We're due our second son in November.

This means I have a number of unused girl names (in case we had a girl by surprise).
My personal favorite (also Biblical) which my wife said absolutely no way to is Tabitha.

To answer your question Gerbil, not sure yet....my wife is pregnant also though. Just found out about two weeks ago. Found out the day before yesterday that she is nine weeks...too early to tell if its a boy or girl, but I'll keep you posted! When the baby is born though I'll be sure to share my singing then too!!

hmm, girl names eh? lessee.....Camille, Angel, Lira, Alicia or Beretta. my 2 cents!

Hey grats brother!!

and guess what? We are also expecting!

I'm expecting a little gift too.

It's from Amazon though.

/single

Congratulations. Combine the two? Tember?
That could make an acceptable online handle. :D

Or another Bible name like Jael?
Jael? Pronounced like "jail"?

Think I'd have to veto that.

find some chemical or scientific name for her.
I've already decided if I get married and have a daughter she'll be named Sarin.
Wasn't Sarin the name of a villain on Enterprise?

Tek's idea of "sounds like the name of someone who can take care of herself" (and also "sounds like someone no one is gonna mess with") is Athena.
Such a cool name. Who's going to mess with a girl named Athena? Especially after she finishes a few martial arts classes.

I vetoed that name. =P
:(

Tek says that can just be her handle online. =D
True enough. Thought it'll be a long, long time before she's allowed to venture onto the Internet. And even then, only on a heavily locked down PC.

for Biblical names I like Hannah, Rebecca, Rachael
I could never name a girl Rachel because I always felt sorry for Leah. :(

Hannah and Rebecca are good names, but neither would work well with our last name.

Back