Tek and Ember sequel announced, scheduled for Feb. 2011 release

Got another name fer ya. Esther, strength, beauty, courage, and grace all rolled into one package. Think you're happy now? Wait till she grows up and ya get to yer first grandchild. All the fun and little responsibility other than setting a good example.

find some chemical or scientific name for her.
I've already decided if I get married and have a daughter she'll be named Sarin.
A.) Because it is a sounds like a nice, but cool name, and B.) It sounds like the name of someone who can take care herself.

...Of course I'd have to convince my future wife of such a thing.

If your wife has played Mass Effect she'll probably veto that suggestion.

If your wife has played Mass Effect she'll probably veto that suggestion.

Or maybe she'll demand it since ME is the best video game franchise. Ashley, Liara, Tali. All good choices :D

I used to know a girl named Tali, but it was short for Natalie (nothing against the name itself, but...not an option =P). She pronounced it "Tah-lee."

LOL, tally me banana.

Clearly you need to play more Mass Effect series.

I second this motion
I played the first 3-4 hours of Mass Effect and wasn't really feelin' it. Of course, it didn't help that it lagged a bit on my system. Now that I've upgraded from 2GB to 4GB RAM, I'll give it another shot. Eventually. Trouble is, the game takes up ~10GB space when it's installed. I may pick up where I left off after I get a new hard drive.

Yeah one of the problems with ME1 is it takes a while to get into it (and a messy inventory system, repetitive exploration mission scenery, and the Mako). And to feel the full force of ME2 (which fixes those ME1 problems), you really want that ME1 playthrough. Is it worth it? very much yes.

To answer your question Gerbil, not sure yet....my wife is pregnant also though. Just found out about two weeks ago. Found out the day before yesterday that she is nine weeks...too early to tell if its a boy or girl, but I'll keep you posted! When the baby is born though I'll be sure to share my singing then too!!
Oooooh Elihu too WoWoW! It's no problem if both Elihu and Tek have girls though then they can go over to each others houses, braid each others hair and talk about boys, you know like Tek and Elihu do already.

I imagine I'll probably pass the banhammer on to someone else before my daughter's old enough to take over. I have my doubts I'll still be leading Tribe of Judah and the CGA when I'm 45 or older.
Nah you don't give her Dad's Mjöllnir ban hammer 9000 you ease her into it with Baby's First Banhammer. I think the advertisement would run something like...

Baby's First Ban Hammer!
She can't swallow it but grievers will eat it!
Smack down adorable justice just like dad!
Buy the collectors set and give her a bigger one every year. The spikes get harder and longer with each one!

I can see it's primary colored plastic-ness with the cutest spikes and an engraved happy skull symbol on the mallet.

If we are seriously going to suggest names I'll go over the obvious stuff. In my single guys musings I would give my child a durable biblical first name and leave any edginess to the middle name, which could be used at their discretion. The first name doesn't have to be like "Mary" to be biblical too it could be like "Grace" or "Miracle". Not that weird when you consider most names originally had a meaning. At least it's something to research to if you do decide on a common name you'll want to know if it has a meaning. Being a superhero type guy I'd probably go for the double same letter initials like for example "Peter Parker". It may leave a person open to bullying but think any monograms or work credits would be great. It's more memorable and gives a better presence when you hear a name with the same first letter in both first and last. You could also give them a name of a loved one like your mother or grandmother but I'd make sure your relative actually likes their name before doing so. My Father is not fond of his middle name and my mother is not that fond of her first.

Last edited:
Baby's First Ban Hammer!
She can't swallow it but grievers will eat it!
Smack down adorable justice just like dad!
Buy the collectors set and give her a bigger one every year. The spikes get harder and longer with each one!
This needs to be a commercial on YouTube. Immediately.

If you provide the video, I'll provide the over-the-top voiceover.

Maybe I can even tack on a SUNDAY SUNDAY SUNDAY for no apparent reason at the end.

If you provide the video, I'll provide the over-the-top voiceover.

I'd do the video but I'm fresh out of babies here and we'll need one to nom, nom, nom, on the hammer. Tell Ember to hurry up on making that baby doesn't she know opportunity is knocking :p .

Last edited:
Let's hear it for the adoption option, especially with no limits on types or abilities. Before the term was opted out for another use we used to call them rainbow families. Have 2 adopted, one domestic, one foreign, both special needs, never a regret. Mixing up biological and adopted works well too. Lots of children of all types need homes, lots of families would love to have children, works in my book. And remember God is real big on adoption too. I mean if He adopted me into His family there is obviously no limit on who He would adopt into His family.

Back