Super Smash Brothers Brawl

I haven't had a chance to play yet, but I was planning on using the GC controller anyway.

I prefer the wiimote over the gamecube controller. It took a little to get use to but I like the feel of it better. My main is definitely Marth, but I also like Pit and Ike. Pit can flight which is sweet, but Ike is so powerful and can real cause a lot of damage.

i think pit is a pretty cool guy. eh can flight and doesnt afraid of anything.

I recently received SSBB as a gift from a forum member (thank you!) and have been enjoying the single-player modes. I've cleared 12% of the Subspace Emissary mode and also played a few matches against my wife (who agreed to play against me again after she finishes her next set of boards).

EDIT: I've been using the Wii Remote + Nunchuk configuration, but I also have two Classic Controllers and two Wavebird controllers as well. I may try the Wavebird controller the next time I play.

Last edited:
I forgot to mention: My wife and I don't have Internet access in our apartment, so I likely won't be able to take Brawl online until I visit Tulsa. I'm planning to visit friends and family there April 28, so you might see me online then.

I havent tried the classic version yet. I got used to the Wiimote. I should try it tho.. i'll probably be over come by nostalgia tho. Good times I had with SSBM.

What does everyone think?

I struggled at first with the Wiimote. It was very awkward and difficult for me to get used to it, but the more I play the more I am enjoying it. It's definitely one of my favorite games now!

I'll also ask who your favorite character is, though I'll probably start another thread in a week or two for updated impressions. My favorite character is Pit. He can fly.

Hello. I'm Ricardo & it looks like you beat me to making a post about SSBB (One of or the only faved game of mine :D . It's my younger bros, though :rolleyes: .). Pit is also my favorite character :) . I also like Samous & Metaknight, because there some of my best fighters (Currently, always changes after awhile, lol).

I'm curious as to who everyone likes to play as in Brawl, my personal favorite is Snake, followed by Samus, then Ness.

snake, ike, zelda, samus, and i think a couple others but i dont have the game so i dont play too often. its kinda died out lately.

I'm curious as to who everyone likes to play as in Brawl, my personal favorite is Snake, followed by Samus, then Ness.

Everyone, lol :D . But my most personal fovorite would be Pit, followed by Samous, Snake, Lucas, etc. (<- Pref change :rolleyes: , for secondary fave line up from before above on my past post here. Best 2ndary line up yet :D. This may be my offial 2ndary line up after my fave Pit. Although it can always change ;) .)

Thread Necromancy.
When I first pulled up this thread, I noticed that the OP (original post) was made last March. My immediate thought was exactly what you posted: Thread Necromancy. Made me chuckle.

Just had to share.

</offtopic>

SSBB lags like mad for me online, so I stick to local multiplayer (which is infrequent since my wife isn't interested in the game and I don't have any other friends in the city where we currently live) and the single-player campaign (which is on hold until I finish four or five other games in my play queue).

EDIT: Still, I'd be interested in playing Brawl with other ToJ members. Check the ToJ Wii Chapter Forum's Friends Codes List for my and other members' SSBB Friends codes.

Last edited:
Ice Climbers, Metaknight, Game+Watch, Sonic.

I'm terrible at finishing smashes so I like people who do a lot of non-smash impact damage.

I'm not sure if I really like the game. I really like melee. I thought the melee was made great for competition play.
This game it seems was made too easy.
And I really don't like some of the power house characters. I think they over powered some while they weakened others from the last game.

I'm not sure if I really like the game. I really like melee. I thought the melee was made great for competition play.
This game it seems was made too easy.
And I really don't like some of the power house characters. I think they over powered some while they weakened others from the last game.

haha we've had this talk, amen bro. haha. I think everyone was excited but almost no one plays it anymore and we've moved on and Wii hasnt had any good games out for it. Actually more and more, i approve of my purchase of a ps3. any games that are on the xbox that i would be interested in , eg l4d, are on the pc anyways so yeah.

I agree that powerhouse characters, i assume your talking about ike, are way over powered and then they went and nurfed people like ganondorf and slowed the whole game down itself... yeah.... ssbb wasnt the greatest in the series

haha we've had this talk, amen bro. haha. I think everyone was excited but almost no one plays it anymore and we've moved on and Wii hasnt had any good games out for it.
Lies.

Interest in Mario Kart Wii and SSBB may have died down, but there are still excellent games like Boom Blox, Zelda: Twilight Princess, Okami, Resident Evil: Umbrella Chronicles (likely the best on-rails shooter for a home console ever), Super Mario Galaxy, and Zack & Wiki--all of which I own.

There's also de Blob, Elebits, Metroid Prime 3: Corruption, Super Paper Mario, Wario Land: Shake It!--all of which I've played. There's also Tatsunoko v. Capcom, but there's no word yet whether Capcom will bring that game stateside or not. (Please, Capcom?)

yeah.... ssbb wasnt the greatest in the series
I didn't play the other games long enough to get past the initial "holy wow, there are too many things on screen and I think I'm going to have a seizure and I'm smashing buttons in the vain hope of scoring a hit" phase of Smash Bros. games. I've played SSBB quite a bit more, though most of the time I've spent has been on the single-player campaign.

I would play the game with others, but my wife lost interest in the game shortly after first trying it, I don't have any other friends in the city where I live, and online play lags to the point of being unplayable.

It also doesn't help that, with the exception of Animal Crossing: City Folk, Wii games don't allow voice chat. There's no easy way to communicate with others in-game, which detracts from the experience.

Back