Super Smash Brothers Brawl

tjguitarz

What does everyone think?

I struggled at first with the Wiimote. It was very awkward and difficult for me to get used to it, but the more I play the more I am enjoying it. It's definitely one of my favorite games now!

I'll also ask who your favorite character is, though I'll probably start another thread in a week or two for updated impressions. My favorite character is Pit. He can fly.

From what a lot of reviewers have been saying, finding an old GC controller is the best way to play as the Classic controller is a bit weird, and controls are slower/clunky on the Wiimote/Nunchuk. I have about 2 weeks before the funds are in for a Wii, and hopefully I can pick up Brawl too.

So far I really like the game. I don't have a fav yet, but I have only beat the classic mode with Samus so far. I started a co-op game of the platform adventure with a friend.. man that is awesome! so many great movies and so dramatic made us laugh out loud.

I am so thankful mine worked, Gamestop told me that they have heard of a problem where "some" Wii's cannot read the game, and it is actually the Wii's fault, but that if your Wii reads it you are fine (WOOT!)...

I'm liking it so far, also having trouble finding matches online and I think I'm just going to give that some time to settle. I definitely prefer to play with my good old Wave Bird then any of the other configurations.

I wasn't able to get my gamecube controller to work. How did you do it?

I decided my new favorite is Meta Knight. Man that dude rocks. He can fly, AND he has a sword.

I prefer the wiimote over the gamecube controller. It took a little to get use to but I like the feel of it better. My main is definitely Marth, but I also like Pit and Ike. Pit can flight which is sweet, but Ike is so powerful and can real cause a lot of damage.

GC controller just cause I only have 1 wiimote and 4 GC controllers...my favorite is Ganondorf or Legario. Both their Final Smash attacks are brutal, Ganondorf is pure power (why he can taunt with a sword but not attack is beyond me), and Legario is fast while keeping a decent punch.

I never played the GC version, I skipped straight from the 64 original to the Wii... and it's awesome. My favorite characters are Ike, Game and Watch, and Kirby (my main from 64).

if anyone wants to play on line im me and we can exchange friend codes. i'm always looking for people to play online

Just so you all know, Tribe of Judah has a thread where members can post their Wii Friends Codes.

I picked it up yesterday. Does this use the same friend code as the system, or is it a separate friend code? I'm guessing it's separate because I have several friends listed in my system, but none listed in Smash Bros.

I tried it a few days ago in Gamestop and played with the Wii-mote/nunchuck. At home I've been playing with the classic controller, but I'm not sure I like it. I'm going to try it with the Wii-mote turned sideways and I'll also give my Gamecube Wavebird controllers a shot.

I've been using the Wii-mote/nunchuck after trying them all. The only problem I had with it was that I'm always holding the nunchuck at some weird angle, so I have a harder time doing combos, BUT!... I just found an option to do smash moves by shaking the controller certain ways. Haven't had time to try it yet, but I think that would help alot.

Meanwhile, who has everyone been using mainly? I like Pit ALOT, and I also really like using Marth, but I always seemed to lose with him, so I started using Ike instead. It weird tho and maybe I'm just bad, but while playing online, I've seen alot of people just destroy everyone using Marth. I was always able to do alot of damage with him but could never finish anyone off. Anyone know the secret?

-Chadley

(-> + Basic Attack) Does wonders...plus his air moves are unmatched...knock someone off, and chase after them before they can recover...

Back