Sunday School teacher fired for...being a woman?

Well all I will say after reading this is I disagree with all you wrote here with exception to your last 4 sentences.

Sure!

But at least you now know why I said the things I did! :)
I clarified to the best of my ability for you :)

Do you pray with your head covered? Is your head covered in church?
1Corinthians 11:2-16

Do you keep silent in church?
1Corinthians 14:33-36

Yes I do! :)

But, please keep in mind..

The Holy Spirit within me is a MAN,
And His name is Jesus! :D

My head is covered, and the head of Christ Jesus rests on me :)
I keep silent, and He speaks accoring to His own will :)

I bow before my Lord!

Luke 21:15
For I will give you words and wisdom that none of your adversaries will be able to resist or contradict.

Woman think with thier hearts, men with thier brains..
You're on a slippery slope. Before long, we'll be discussing whether or not women have the right to vote, or any equality whatsoever.

My mother would agree with Zeena on this one. She also doesn't think that women should vote because they do tend to vote with their emotions.
Mind you, this doesn't stop her from voting, instead she just does her best to find out about the issues involved and to make an informed descision instead og voting for 'the cute guy'.

When Jesus came and died for our sins, all those old rules about eating only certain types of meat and women can't teach scripture went with it.

At least that's how I see it...

Jesus freed us from all those silly rules.
At least that's how I see it.
Luke 6:49
But the one who hears my words and does not put them into practice is like a man who built a house on the ground without a foundation. The moment the torrent struck that house, it collapsed and its destruction was complete."

2 Timothy 2:19-26
Nevertheless, God's solid foundation stands firm, sealed with this inscription: "The Lord knows those who are his," and, "Everyone who confesses the name of the Lord must turn away from wickedness. 20In a large house there are articles not only of gold and silver, but also of wood and clay; some are for noble purposes and some for ignoble. 21If a man cleanses himself from the latter, he will be an instrument for noble purposes, made holy, useful to the Master and prepared to do any good work."
Those "silly" rules were instituted by a very real God who Loves you..Who knows what is and what is not good for both body and soul..
Isaiah 1:10
Hear the word of the LORD, you rulers of Sodom; listen to the law of our God, you people of Gomorrah!
Proverbs 28:9
If anyone turns a deaf ear to the law, even his prayers are detestable.
Isaiah 8:20
To the law and to the testimony! If they do not speak according to this word, they have no light of dawn.
Romans 7:12
So then, the law is holy, and the commandment is holy, righteous and good.
Romans 8
7the flesh is hostile to God. It does not submit to God's law, nor can it do so. 8Those controlled by the flesh cannot please God.
9You, however, are controlled not by the flesh but by the Spirit, if the Spirit of God lives in you. And if anyone does not have the Spirit of Christ, he does not belong to Christ. 10But if Christ is in you, your body is dead because of sin, yet your spirit is alive because of righteousness. 11And if the Spirit of him who raised Jesus from the dead is living in you, he who raised Christ from the dead will also give life to your mortal bodies through his Spirit, who lives in you.
12Therefore, brothers, we have an obligation—but it is not to the flesh, to live according to it. 13For if you live according to the flesh, you will die; but if by the Spirit you put to death the misdeeds of the body, you will live, 14because those who are led by the Spirit of God are sons of God. 15For you did not receive a spirit that makes you a slave again to fear, but you received the Spirit of sonship. And by him we cry, "Abba, Father." 16The Spirit himself testifies with our spirit that we are God's children. 17Now if we are children, then we are heirs—heirs of God and co-heirs with Christ, if indeed we share in his sufferings in order that we may also share in his glory.

When Jesus came and died for our sins, all those old rules about eating only certain types of meat and women can't teach scripture went with it.

At least that's how I see it...
Question..
Is Jesus a lawbreaker?
Did He not fullfill the Law of God perfectly?

Did He not say:
Matthew 3:15
Jesus replied, "Let it be so now; it is proper for us to do this to fulfill all righteousness."
Proverbs 3:21
My son, preserve sound judgment and discernment, do not let them out of your sight;

Proverbs 5:1-2
1 My son, pay attention to my wisdom,
listen well to my words of insight,
2 that you may maintain discretion
and your lips may preserve knowledge.
Salt, is a preservative..
Mathew 5
13"You are the salt of the earth. But if the salt loses its saltiness, how can it be made salty again? It is no longer good for anything, except to be thrown out and trampled by men.
Jesus uses this epidimiology to deal with the root
14 For God does speak—now one way, now another—though man may not perceive it. 15 In a dream, in a vision of the night, when deep sleep falls on men as they slumber in their beds, 16 he may speak in their ears and terrify them with warnings, 17 to turn man from wrongdoing and keep him from pride, 18 to preserve his soul from the pit, his life from perishing by the sword.
Jesus is our Light..
2 Corinthians 4:6
For God, who said, "Let light shine out of darkness," made His Light shine in our hearts to give us The Light of the Knowledge of the Glory of God in The Face of Christ.
Mathew 5:14-16
14"You are the light of the world. A city on a hill cannot be hidden. 15Neither do people light a lamp and put it under a bowl. Instead they put it on its stand, and it gives light to everyone in the house. 16In the same way, let your light shine before men, that they may see your good deeds and praise your Father in heaven.
Our Light in action:
Mathew 5:17-48
17"Do not think that I have come to abolish the Law or the Prophets; I have not come to abolish them but to fulfill them. 18I tell you the truth, until heaven and earth disappear, not the smallest letter, not the least stroke of a pen, will by any means disappear from the Law until everything is accomplished. 19Anyone who breaks one of the least of these commandments and teaches others to do the same will be called least in the kingdom of heaven, but whoever practices and teaches these commands will be called great in the kingdom of heaven. 20For I tell you that unless your righteousness surpasses that of the Pharisees and the teachers of the law, you will certainly not enter the kingdom of heaven.
21"You have heard that it was said to the people long ago, 'Do not murder, and anyone who murders will be subject to judgment.' 22But I tell you that anyone who is angry with his brother will be subject to judgment. Again, anyone who says to his brother, 'Raca,' is answerable to the Sanhedrin. But anyone who says, 'You fool!' will be in danger of the fire of hell.
23"Therefore, if you are offering your gift at the altar and there remember that your brother has something against you, 24leave your gift there in front of the altar. First go and be reconciled to your brother; then come and offer your gift.
25"Settle matters quickly with your adversary who is taking you to court. Do it while you are still with him on the way, or he may hand you over to the judge, and the judge may hand you over to the officer, and you may be thrown into prison. 26I tell you the truth, you will not get out until you have paid the last penny.
27"You have heard that it was said, 'Do not commit adultery.' 28But I tell you that anyone who looks at a woman lustfully has already committed adultery with her in his heart. 29If your right eye causes you to sin, gouge it out and throw it away. It is better for you to lose one part of your body than for your whole body to be thrown into hell. 30And if your right hand causes you to sin, cut it off and throw it away. It is better for you to lose one part of your body than for your whole body to go into hell.
31"It has been said, 'Anyone who divorces his wife must give her a certificate of divorce.' 32But I tell you that anyone who divorces his wife, except for marital unfaithfulness, causes her to become an adulteress, and anyone who marries the divorced woman commits adultery.
33"Again, you have heard that it was said to the people long ago, 'Do not break your oath, but keep the oaths you have made to the Lord.' 34But I tell you, Do not swear at all: either by heaven, for it is God's throne; 35or by the earth, for it is his footstool; or by Jerusalem, for it is the city of the Great King. 36And do not swear by your head, for you cannot make even one hair white or black. 37Simply let your 'Yes' be 'Yes,' and your 'No,' 'No'; anything beyond this comes from the evil one.
38"You have heard that it was said, 'Eye for eye, and tooth for tooth.' 39But I tell you, Do not resist an evil person. If someone strikes you on the right cheek, turn to him the other also. 40And if someone wants to sue you and take your tunic, let him have your cloak as well. 41If someone forces you to go one mile, go with him two miles. 42Give to the one who asks you, and do not turn away from the one who wants to borrow from you.
43"You have heard that it was said, 'Love your neighbor and hate your enemy.' 44But I tell you: Love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you, 45that you may be sons of your Father in heaven. He causes his sun to rise on the evil and the good, and sends rain on the righteous and the unrighteous. 46If you love those who love you, what reward will you get? Are not even the tax collectors doing that? 47And if you greet only your brothers, what are you doing more than others? Do not even pagans do that? 48Be perfect, therefore, as your heavenly Father is perfect.

Matthew 13:52
He said to them, "Therefore every teacher of the law who has been instructed about the kingdom of heaven is like the owner of a house who brings out of his storeroom new treasures as well as old."

2 Thessalonians 2:13-15
13But we ought always to thank God for you, brothers loved by the Lord, because from the beginning God chose you to be saved through the sanctifying work of the Spirit and through belief in the truth. 14He called you to this through our gospel, that you might share in the glory of our Lord Jesus Christ. 15So then, brothers, stand firm and hold to the teachings we passed on to you, whether by word of mouth or by letter.

Romans 14
13Therefore let us stop passing judgment on one another. Instead, make up your mind not to put any stumbling block or obstacle in your brother's way. 14As one who is in the Lord Jesus, I am fully convinced that no food is unclean in itself. But if anyone regards something as unclean, then for him it is unclean. 15If your brother is distressed because of what you eat, you are no longer acting in love. Do not by your eating destroy your brother for whom Christ died.

21It is better not to eat meat or drink wine or to do anything else that will cause your brother to fall.

Blessing in Christ my dear brother :D

Yes I do! :)

And His name is Jesus! :D

My head is covered, and the head of Christ Jesus rests on me :)
I keep silent, and He speaks accoring to His own will :)

I bow before my Lord!

Hmm, methinks you're being a bit coy with the questions, keep in mind that I included verses with my questions, I was hoping you would answer in context to the verses.

Please explain...you say you keep your head covered in church. Is that in regards to the verse I posted? What do you cover your head with? Do all other the women in your church cover their heads?

When you said you keep silent in church, did you answer in the positive with regards to the verse I posted?

Also, would you mind telling us what sect of Christianity you belong to?

Thank you.

You know Zeena, I got to thinking...if this is truly the way you feel, maybe you shouldn't be posting on a Christian forum.

"Let the woman learn in silence, with all subjection. But I do not allow a woman to teach, nor to usurp authority over the man, but to be in silence. For Adam was first formed, then Eve. And Adam was not deceived, but the woman being deceived, was in the transgression" (1 Tim. 2:11-14).

How do you resolve that issue? And if you don't respond, I'll assume I was right and you are sitting in front of your computer quietly learning in silence :)

Easy here DV. You are getting a bit more personal than I would care to see.

Last edited by a moderator:
1 Corinthians 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeena
Yes I do!

And His name is Jesus!

My head is covered, and the head of Christ Jesus rests on me
I keep silent, and He speaks according to His own will

I bow before my Lord!
Hmm, methinks you're being a bit coy with the questions, keep in mind that I included verses with my questions, I was hoping you would answer in context to the verses.

Please explain...you say you keep your head covered in church. Is that in regards to the verse I posted? What do you cover your head with? Do all other the women in your church cover their heads?

When you said you keep silent in church, did you answer in the positive with regards to the verse I posted?

Also, would you mind telling us what sect of Christianity you belong to?

Thank you.
Now THAT's more like it!

My answer in Light of verses 1 Corinthians 11:2-16
I wear a hat because I prophecy to believers..
As a sign for all, I put on my authority in the Lord Jesus..
I wear a hat in church because I AM clean, not because I WANT to be clean..
If I do not have a hat, I have long hair, with the corners not cut :p
IF I had short hair I would always have the Lord as my covering :D
I am the only woman in my "church" atm..
(please pray!)

1 Corinthians 11:10-12
10For this reason, and because of the angels, the woman ought to have a sign of authority on her head.
11In the Lord, however, woman is not independent of man, nor is man independent of woman. 12For as woman came from man, so also man is born of woman. But everything comes from God.

A little background music shall we?
MAESTRO!
Galatians 5
1It is for freedom that Christ has set us free. Stand firm, then, and do not let yourselves be burdened again by a yoke of slavery.
2Mark my words! I, Paul, tell you that if you let yourselves be circumcised, Christ will be of no value to you at all. 3Again I declare to every man who lets himself be circumcised that he is obligated to obey the whole law. 4You who are trying to be justified by law have been alienated from Christ; you have fallen away from grace. 5But by faith we eagerly await through the Spirit the righteousness for which we hope. 6For in Christ Jesus neither circumcision nor uncircumcision has any value. The only thing that counts is faith expressing itself through love.
7You were running a good race. Who cut in on you and kept you from obeying the truth? 8That kind of persuasion does not come from the one who calls you. 9"A little yeast works through the whole batch of dough." 10I am confident in the Lord that you will take no other view. The one who is throwing you into confusion will pay the penalty, whoever he may be. 11Brothers, if I am still preaching circumcision, why am I still being persecuted? In that case the offense of the cross has been abolished. 12As for those agitators, I wish they would go the whole way and emasculate themselves!
13You, my brothers, were called to be free. But do not use your freedom to indulge the flesh; rather, serve one another in love. 14The entire law is summed up in a single command: "Love your neighbor as yourself." 15If you keep on biting and devouring each other, watch out or you will be destroyed by each other.
16So I say, live by the Spirit, and you will not gratify the desires of the flesh. 17For the flesh desires what is contrary to the Spirit, and the Spirit what is contrary to the flesh. They are in conflict with each other, so that you do not do what you want. 18But if you are led by the Spirit, you are not under law.
19The acts of the flesh are obvious: sexual immorality, impurity and debauchery; 20idolatry and witchcraft; hatred, discord, jealousy, fits of rage, selfish ambition, dissensions, factions 21and envy; drunkenness, orgies, and the like. I warn you, as I did before, that those who live like this will not inherit the kingdom of God.
22But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, 23gentleness and self-control. Against such things there is no law. 24Those who belong to Christ Jesus have crucified the sinful nature with its passions and desires. 25Since we live by the Spirit, let us keep in step with the Spirit. 26Let us not become conceited, provoking and envying each other.

Galatians 6
1Brothers, if someone is caught in a sin, you who are spiritual should restore him gently. But watch yourself, or you also may be tempted. 2Carry each other's burdens, and in this way you will fulfill the law of Christ. 3If anyone thinks he is something when he is nothing, he deceives himself. 4Each one should test his own actions. Then he can take pride in himself, without comparing himself to somebody else, 5for each one should carry his own load.
6Anyone who receives instruction in the word must share all good things with his instructor.
7Do not be deceived: God cannot be mocked. A man reaps what he sows. 8The one who sows to please his flesh, from the flesh will reap destruction; the one who sows to please the Spirit, from the Spirit will reap eternal life. 9Let us not become weary in doing good, for at the proper time we will reap a harvest if we do not give up. 10Therefore, as we have opportunity, let us do good to all people, especially to those who belong to the family of believers.
11See what large letters I use as I write to you with my own hand!
12Those who want to make a good impression outwardly are trying to compel you to be circumcised. The only reason they do this is to avoid being persecuted for the cross of Christ. 13Not even those who are circumcised obey the law, yet they want you to be circumcised that they may boast about your flesh. 14May I never boast except in the cross of our Lord Jesus Christ, through which the world has been crucified to me, and I to the world. 15Neither circumcision nor uncircumcision means anything; what counts is a new creation. 16Peace and mercy to all who follow this rule, even to the Israel of God.
17Finally, let no one cause me trouble, for I bear on my body the marks of Jesus.

18The grace of our Lord Jesus Christ be with your spirit, brothers. Amen.

As for my answer to the Lord's command in 1 Corinthians 14:33-36
I am silent in church..And submissive..Like I said..But I also have the gift of speaking given to me by the Spirit of the Lord Jesus..For I do not yeild my members to unrighteousness, but to Jesus, as one untimely born.. If He should choose to speak then He is free to do so..Since He is a man..

This is scriptural as well..
Galatians 4:3-5
3So also, when we were children, we were in slavery under the basic principles of the world. 4But when the time had fully come, God sent his Son, born of a woman, born under law, 5to redeem those under law, that we might receive the full rights of sons.

Galatians 3:28
There is neither Jew nor Greek, slave nor free, male nor female, for you are all one in Christ Jesus.

2 Corinthians 3
4Such confidence as this is ours through Christ before God. 5Not that we are competent in ourselves to claim anything for ourselves, but our competence comes from God. 6He has made us competent as ministers of a new covenant—not of the letter but of the Spirit; for the letter kills, but the Spirit gives life.
7Now if the ministry that brought death, which was engraved in letters on stone, came with glory, so that the Israelites could not look steadily at the face of Moses because of its glory, fading though it was, 8will not the ministry of the Spirit be even more glorious? 9If the ministry that condemns men is glorious, how much more glorious is the ministry that brings righteousness! 10For what was glorious has no glory now in comparison with the surpassing glory. 11And if what was fading away came with glory, how much greater is the glory of that which lasts!
12Therefore, since we have such a hope, we are very bold. 13We are not like Moses, who would put a veil[/b[ over his face to keep the Israelites from gazing at it while the radiance was fading away. 14But their minds were made dull, for to this day the same veil remains when the old covenant is read. It has not been removed, because only in Christ is it taken away. 15Even to this day when Moses is read, a veil covers their hearts. 16But whenever anyone turns to the Lord, the veil is taken away. 17Now the Lord is the Spirit, and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is freedom. 18And we, who with unveiled faces all reflect the Lord's glory, are being transformed into his likeness with ever-increasing glory, which comes from the Lord, who is the Spirit.

2 Corinthians 5
16So from now on we regard no one from a worldly point of view. Though we once regarded Christ in this way, we do so no longer. 17Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; the old has gone, the new has come! 18All this is from God, who reconciled us to himself through Christ and gave us the ministry of reconciliation: 19that God was reconciling the world to himself in Christ, not counting men's sins against them. And he has committed to us the message of reconciliation. 20We are therefore Christ's ambassadors, as though God were making his appeal through us. We implore you on Christ's behalf: Be reconciled to God. 21God made him who had no sin to be sin for us, so that in him we might become the righteousness of God.

Isaiah 28:5
In that day the LORD Almighty will be a glorious crown, a beautiful wreath for the remnant of his people.

Isaiah 61
1 The Spirit of the Sovereign LORD is on me, because the LORD has anointed me to preach good news to the poor. He has sent me to bind up the brokenhearted, to proclaim freedom for the captives and release from darkness for the prisoners,
2 to proclaim the year of the LORD's favor and the day of vengeance of our God, to comfort all who mourn,
3 and provide for those who grieve in Zion— to bestow on them a crown of beauty instead of ashes, the oil of gladness instead of mourning, and a garment of praise instead of a spirit of despair. They will be called oaks of righteousness, a planting of the LORD for the display of his splendor.

This is my "church"
Revelation 3:20
Here I am! I stand at the door and knock. If anyone hears my voice and opens the door, I will come in and eat with him, and he with me.
My Church and witness

You know Zeena, I got to thinking...if this is truly the way you feel, maybe you shouldn't be posting on a Christian forum.

How do you resolve that issue? And if you don't respond, I'll assume I was right and you are sitting in front of your computer quietly learning in silence :)

Personally I believe that this was being written to the people of Corinth. Paul realized at the time that there was a problem, serious problem with the women of Corinth trying to usurp authority and tell men what to do and how to do it. He didn't have to tell the Ephisian women to be quite, nor those of Thesselonia, etc. Why? Because those women were not trying to take on a role that didn't belong to them.
Can women teach? Absolutely. Some of the best Sunday School teachers I know are women. Should they teach? Yes...unless God tells that pastor or the woman "No, She can not teach".This is what Paul was saying to the women in Corinth.

Just my thoughts for what they are worth :)

First, thank you Zeena for acutally answering the question :)

I'll take a look at the link to your church when I have more time.

Umm...would it be too much to ask though to answer your questions as succinctly as possible without so many verses? While the background info is nice, it sorely slows the conversation.

You said you were the only woman in your church...how big is your particular congregation?

You said you kept quiet...is this your decision, or one enforced by your church?

Thanks again.

Personally I believe that this was being written to the people of Corinth. Paul realized at the time that there was a problem, serious problem with the women of Corinth trying to usurp authority and tell men what to do and how to do it. He didn't have to tell the Ephisian women to be quite, nor those of Thesselonia, etc. Why? Because those women were not trying to take on a role that didn't belong to them.
Can women teach? Absolutely. Some of the best Sunday School teachers I know are women. Should they teach? Yes...unless God tells that pastor or the woman "No, She can not teach".This is what Paul was saying to the women in Corinth.

Just my thoughts for what they are worth :)

To answer your post...

WERE PAUL’S INSTRUCTIONS FOR ALL CHURCHES OF ALL CENTURIES?

Some are saying that the commands quoted above were meant only for first century Christians, or were only for the particular situation at Corinth. This cannot be true for many reasons. Consider:

First, Paul said that his instructions in 1 Corinthians 14 are the commandments of the Lord (verse 37). As such they must be obeyed by all Christians and by every church.

Second, the Apostle said that the instructions of 1 Corinthians 14 are a test of spirituality. He said that those who are truly spiritual must acknowledge that the instructions are the very commandments of God. "If any man think himself to be a prophet, or spiritual, let him acknowledge that the things that I write unto you are the commandments of the Lord" (1 Cor. 14:37). Those who are rejecting the teaching of 1 Corinthians 14 concerning a woman's role in the church are proving themselves to be unspiritual.

Third, in 1 Timothy the Apostle gives the very same instructions concerning women, and this epistle was said to have been written to teach the proper order for churches in general. "But if I tarry long, that thou mayest know how thou oughtest to behave thyself in the house of God, which is the church of the living God, the pillar and ground of the truth" (1 Tim. 3:15). The things contained in 1 Timothy are general instructions about church order to be obeyed by all churches in every century; and it is in this book, the book which contains standards for church leaders, that God has forbidden women from taking authority over or teaching men.

Fourth, in giving the instructions about women in the church, the Holy Spirit referred back to the original order of creation--Adam first, then Eve. The Holy Spirit, in guiding Paul's pen, used this order of creation to prove that women must not take authority over men. Therefore, since the order of creation has not changed since 1 Timothy was written, and since it does not change in our culture or century, we know that the instructions of the New Testament about the woman's role in the church apply to us today.

Fifth, Paul referred to the Fall for support of his teaching regarding the Christian woman's subjection to the man. "And Adam was not deceived, but the woman being deceived was in the transgression" (1 Tim. 2:14). Again this shows that the Apostle's teaching about the woman transcends any one culture or generation. Though we have been saved from the eternal consequences of the Fall when we receive the Lord Jesus Christ, we are still living under the abiding consequences and conditions of the Fall as long as we remain in this world.

Redemption has three aspects which must never be confused--past, present, and future. The three are seen in Romans chapter eight. Romans 8:1-10 speaks of the past aspect of our salvation--we have been saved from the eternal consequences of sin. Because of what Jesus Christ has done for us on the Cross we have been made eternally free from any fear of the wrath of God or punishment for our sin by God's holy law. Hallelujah! Romans 8:11-17 speaks of the present aspect of our salvation--we are being saved from the power of sin in our daily lives by the Spirit of God who indwells us. Romans 8:18-25 speaks of the future aspect of salvation--we will be saved from the very presence of sin when Christ gives us our resurrection body and comes to renew this fallen creation. We have eternal redemption right now as a present possession, yet we still "groan within ourselves, waiting for the adoption, to wit, the redemption of our body" (Romans 8:23).

Likewise, the woman who trusts Christ receives eternal freedom in Him from the wages of sin, but she is not yet free from some of the consequences of Eve's rebellion in the Garden of Eden. She still is to be in subjection to the man.

Sixth, Paul referred to human nature to support his teaching regarding women. "And Adam was not deceived, but the woman being deceived was in the transgression" (1 Tim. 2:14). The woman has a different makeup than the man. She was designed for a different role in life--that of a wife and mother. Her emotional, psychological, and rational makeup are geared perfectly for this, but she was not designed for leadership. In the garden of Eden the devil deceived her. This was not true for Adam. He sinned, but he was not deceived. Eve had allowed herself to be thrust into a position of decision making she was supposed to occupy. It is no coincidence that women have been responsible for starting many of the false Christian movements and have played key roles in spiritism, new age, mind science cults, and such. Human nature has not changed and neither has God's restrictions against women preachers.

Seventh, Paul commanded that his instructions were to be kept until Christ's coming. "That thou keep this commandment without spot, unrebukeable, until the appearing of our Lord Jesus Christ" (1 Tim. 6:14). This command is given at the end of the epistle in which the Apostle had so clearly required that women be in subjection to men in the church (1 Tim. 2:9-15). Since Jesus has not yet appeared, we are to continue to maintain these restrictions.

Eighth, Paul's letter to Corinth, in which he spoke of women being in subjection to men, was for all Christians, not just those in Corinth. In his introduction to this epistle the Apostle tells us plainly to whom he is speaking: "Unto the church of God which is at Corinth, to them that are sanctified in Christ Jesus, called to be saints, WITH ALL THAT IN EVERY PLACE CALL UPON THE NAME OF JESUS CHRIST OUR LORD, both their's and our's" (1 Cor. 1:2). It is clear that Paul's instructions were not intended merely for some peculiar situation at Corinth.

Ninth, while Galatians 3:28 says there is neither bond nor free in Christ, other passages teach that this does not mean there are no servant/master relationships. The Christian servant is free in Christ--free from the eternal wages of sin--but he is not free from his earthly position and responsibilities of servitude toward his master (Eph. 6:5-8; Col. 3:22-25; 1 Tim. 6:1,2; Tit. 2:9-10; 1 Pet. 2:18-25). In fact, anyone who teaches against these instructions regarding submission of servants to masters is labeled proud and evil:

"Let as many servants as are under the yoke count their own masters worthy of all honour, that the name of God and his doctrine be not blasphemed. And they that have believing masters, let them not despise them, because they are brethren; but rather do them service, because they are faithful and beloved, partakers of the benefit. These things teach and exhort. IF ANY MAN TEACH OTHERWISE, AND CONSENT NOT TO WHOLESOME WORDS, even the words of our Lord Jesus Christ, and to the doctrine which is according to godliness; HE IS PROUD, KNOWING NOTHING, but doting about questions and strifes of words, whereof cometh envy, strife, railings, evil surmisings, perverse disputings of men of CORRUPT MINDS, AND DESTITUTE OF THE TRUTH, supposing that gain is godliness: FROM SUCH WITHDRAW THYSELF" (1 Timothy 6:1-5).

These are strong words, and they refer directly to those who try to contradict the Apostle's teaching requiring subjection of servants to masters, such as those who promote communistic "liberation theology," and those who stir up all sorts of strife between workers and business. These words also apply to those who are trying to throw off the apostolic teaching referring to woman's subjection to man in the church and home. Such are proud, ungodly, and destitute of the truth, and are to be separated from! We can see how serious this matter is.

Galatians 3:28 says there are no servants and no freemen in Christ, yet other New Testament passages teach there are indeed Christians who are servants and Christians who are masters. Galatians 3:28 also says there is neither male nor female in Christ, but other passages show us that this does not mean all distinction between the sexes are done away in this world, nor does it mean that the original order of creation has been dissolved in Christianity.

From: http://www.daveandangel.com/CRN/WomenPreachers.html

Great answer DV :)

But what is your opinion in all this?

Women shouldn't teach?
Shouldn't teach what?
I am not sure I quite understand where you actually stand.

Great answer DV :)

But what is your opinion in all this?

Women shouldn't teach?
Shouldn't teach what?
I am not sure I quite understand where you actually stand.

Ah, well my opinion is quite different from what the Bible teaches.

I believe that women and men are 100% equal in all things.

Genesis 1:27
So God created man in his own image, in the image of God he created him; male and female he created them.

Men and women are created equal DV..

What I sugested from the word of God is not that they were not created equal..

But they were created with different roles..

The head of a men is Christ,
And the head of a woman is men..

So THAT Christ can be all in all :)

Just my thoughts for what they are worth

The thing is Ash..
Apart from Christ I can do nothing..

I cannot teach, I cannot edify, I cannot do anything of Spiritual significance..
It's the fruit of the Holy Spirit that lasts for eternity..And if I am the one teaching, ect, then I can only reap the rewards in this, puny life..

If the Lord does the work it bears eternal fruit worthy of His Glory :)

For did He not speak thus:

"I will give my Glory to none other" ..
Just some food for thought :)

Ahhhh... Gotta love Proverbs... So much Wisdom... Such Poetry... Ahhh.....*Insert dreamy look here as I read my Proverbs for the day.* But I digress.

I kinda stayed away from the thread because Most people have already stated my view. (Especially you Gen. :D )

Woman are just as capable as men to teach and instruct. Sometimes better actually. Think of this. How many times in the Bible was a woman called to do something because a man was afraid to do it? (I.e. Deborah, Esther to name 2) Since we do not have all the facts, I do not have an opinion of whether or not what the Pastor did was correct.

If the woman was out of line Biblically and morally, then there is a reason. If she was removed for her gender or age, that is wrong. And ummm...Yeah, Thats about it.

BECUASE A MAN WAS AFRAID OR NOT WILLING!

You said it Eskimo!
This was my INITIAL point!-lol

Woman are not needed to teach if there are humble men ready and willing to submit to the Holy Spirit of Jesus :D

Back