server transfers!

Khalipso

i hear a rumor server transfers will be in place for patch 2.2... YAY!

hopefully you all remember me, lol. depending on if i get a job or not, and how expensive the transfers are, i have a level 55 smuggler i will probably transfer over. after that, i have a level 50 trooper (dps/heals) that i could bring over as well, if transfers aren't that expensive.

i've been trying to give the guild on my current server as much of an opportunity to become active again, but it's just not happening. i don't mind pugging, but i'd like an opportunity to work with a guild again.

how many of you all still play?

khalipso

i will be trying to spend more time in game on our server in the next few weeks. i don't want to neglect the progress of my main, but i'd like to hang out with you guys some as well.

hope to see you in game soon! :D

Very cool!!! I've been active. Xpictoc still gets on most days. Kahiel gets on most days as well. I invited an old WoW player from the Mustard Seed Conspiracy days to the guild last night. Actually, he was the guild leader of MSC. Counting you and all the folks I've seen online recently, we have the potential of having nine on at once. As more people level up, I'm hoping we can do FPs, Ops and other things together. I avoid PUGs as much as possible. Kahiel and I have been holding off finishing up the HK quests until at least Xpictoc is ready. Maybe more will be able to do it next month!

It's really good to see you again!

yay i'm not forgotten lol.

i have HK on my trooper and my smuggler... if any still need it when i transfer over i'll be more than happy to help out.

i don't mind pugs all that much, but i much rather help out guildies. the way i see it, helping guildies get gear and stuff makes all of us better as a whole. it's a win win situation lol.

I got hooked into the Inquisitor story last night and almost didn't get my Gree dailies in. I am excited about the prospect of bringing my imps over from The Bastion and playing the Imp side of Makeb. I hope the server transfers aren't too expensive I'm saving my CCs to pay for it.

just an update: I GOT THE JOB!! yay praise GOD! and thank you to all of you who have been praying!

i start June 17th. it's just a temporary job, but this little bit of funds will help out a LOT.

thanks again everyone, and PRAISE GOD! :D

just an update: I GOT THE JOB!! yay praise GOD! and thank you to all of you who have been praying!

i start June 17th. it's just a temporary job, but this little bit of funds will help out a LOT.

thanks again everyone, and PRAISE GOD! :D
Praise God for answered prayers! :D

Been digging around for information since the various version updates haven't said anything about it. the APAC servers will get be getting transfers on June 4 (source here.[/url]) And word is that paid transfers are still on schedule for the 2.2 update. Just hope the cost isn't going to be prohibitive.

Been digging around for information since the various version updates haven't said anything about it. the APAC servers will get be getting transfers on June 4 (source here.[/url]) And word is that paid transfers are still on schedule for the 2.2 update. Just hope the cost isn't going to be prohibitive.
Thanks for researching that. I was wondering too.

There were a lot of people wondering that. I haven't checked to see if the APAC server transfers did indeed go live. It would make the June 11 deadline fit if the update comes next Tuesday.

I still can't find ANY information on how much it costs. I hope WoW isn't considered the norm.

I hope not either. $50+ is a deal breaker for me. I'd make a new Assassin.
According to the WoW FAQ the server transfers cost $25, I'm thinking he may have been talking about transfers and faction change. Still $25 is steep IMHO considering all that needs to happen is copying files from one server to another. That would run about 2500 to 3000 cartel coins. Personally something between 1000 to at most 2000 would be reasonable. I was trying to find prices for other games but couldn't find a comparison list.

Got more information http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?p=6394323#post6394323

Yesterday , 11:48 AM | #141
Hey folks,

I know there have been quite a few questions around paid character transfers so I spent some time rounding up the answers to the more heavily asked ones and here they are! If there are any that I missed please feel free to post them in this thread and I will see what I can find out.

How much do transfers cost?
Paid character transfers cost 1800 Cartel Coins per character. The purchase must be made using Cartel Coins.

How do I transfer a character?
Once the service is live in 2.2, you will be able to go to your account page here on swtor.com and transfer from there.

What happens if there is a name collision?
If your character name is already taken by another player on your new server, you will need to rename your character. Your character will be “flagged” for a rename once you login.

Will my Legacy, Achievements, and Collections all transfer with my character?
Yes! All of your Legacy unlocks, Achievements earned, and triggered Collections will be waiting for you.

What happens if I have a Legacy on both my source and destination servers?
Whichever Legacy is of a higher level will take precedence and become your new Legacy. This has no affect on unlocks, the unlocks from both Legacies will combine. For example: You are transferring a character from the Bastion to the Harbinger. The character you are transferring from the Bastion is in a level 27 Legacy. Currently on Harbinger you have a level 13 Legacy. After the transfer you will now have a level 27 Legacy on Harbinger which combines the unlocks from both servers.

Is there a way to transfer a guild?
There is currently no method in place to transfer an entire guild at one time. Each person must transfer their characters individually and recreate their guild on the new server.

I hope that clears some things up! Let me know if there are any major questions still pending that I missed.

-eric
Eric Musco | Community Manager
Follow us on Twitter @SWTOR | Like us on Facebook
[Contact Us] [Rules of Conduct] [F.A.Q.]

Fudge! I just figgured out that I don't have enough CC saved up to transfer all three of my characters. :(

Awesome info! Thanks for posting that. So it looks like we'll have no problem transferring from a PvP server to PvE or RP. Basically the transfers will cost between $13 - $20 depending on how many coins you want to buy up front (450 = $4.99, 1050 = $9.99, 2400 = $19.99, 5500 = $39.99)

Fudge! I just figgured out that I don't have enough CC saved up to transfer all three of my characters. :(
Aw, bummer. I have enough on hand to transfer one toon, but I was probably only going to transfer my 50 Assassin off Harbinger. Everything else is under level 40. I re-created pretty much everything on Begeren Colony and maxed out most of the crafting professions.

Last edited:
Not sure what I will do now, unless I can get another 700 CC. I have a 50 Marauder and a 49 Pyrotech on the Bastion. Those were my mains until we hit Bergeren. I have a 42 Juggernaught I want to bring along too. The problem is, I like the Jug better than the Marauder but the Marauder is 50. Decisions, decisions.

Back