Scheduled TS2 Downtime

vr.org is really nice, with the larger companies i had issues with their shared hosting. it was slow. id recommend vr.org right now, the server load is amazing, the web pages load alot faster. and they respond to my request tickets within 2 hours (1and1 took nearly a day for most of them)

They are pretty good for an average webhost. My only pet pieves:
only a control panel for the package owner
only ssh access for the package owner
Mysql limitations
out of date Wget (which they refuse to update) <-that is if you use wget via CLI

otherwise thier stats for packages to money ratio is astounding.

Also they do NOT allow adult content to be hosted on thier servers, good plus for christians who want to maintain integrity.

If i woulda known it was gonna be an all day thing, i woulda changed DNS on ts.compmil.com to point to my home IP and host the server there

Last edited:
i didnt like 1and1s ssh access, vr.org lets you do anything a basic linux user can do: compile programs, execute, browse the web. that is nice for me because i love having nano to edit my code when im too lazy to upload/download

i have the 2gb/30gb transfer, i barely use over 500mb a month anyway. bandwidth isnt really a problem unless you host files.

i have the 100gig/1TB package, i use about 60gigs/month bandwidth and using 75gigs of space.

lol, no, I can't say that I am. Not yet, at any rate.

I'll probably end up setting up the church w/ a 1&1 account, and then looking for something for my own personal use.

Ts server is still down, I imagine it will be up tomorrow some time.

Edit* I am working as fast as i possibly can to get TS back online.

Last edited:
i hate the support on large companies, another good option is asmallorange.com, my friend has virtual server with them, he likes it alot.

I'm working as fast as my little fingers can work (about 115 words a min) to get this box backup and running, give me about an hour to 2 hours to get 5 gigs of backups downloaded and everything reconfiged.

whats fun are recursive wget downloads, do a search on a subject in google and DOWNLOAD THE INTERNET MUHAHAHAHA!

no, i think we should tar and feather, then string him up
icon_evil.gif

I just want my refund!

ya it closed down on me today and freaked me out, my comp lagged and i thought i broke something. anyway hope it gets fixed soon

whats funny is that explorer cant handle more then 620mb of data. its so sad. I created a sql query specifically designed to crash explorer, it only got to 628mb...

Server is backup and running.

Took 2 hours exaclty to reconfig server comp, get 3 game server backups downloaded and running and the final touches. Woot

Back