Scheduled TS2 Downtime

Talon

The TS server will be offline for most of the day tomorrow morning/noonish, as the server computer is being reformated. Estimated downtime to be about 4 hours or so, might be longer.

Again:

Monday Morning, Aug 7th

I'll post again when its back online and the computer is fully running after all the updates are installed. It will take a while, as I have to update the comp, restart it, then remotly download 5 gigs of backups and unzip em, and do a ton of configing on the system to get it running, after that i'll reboot the comp once more to make sure everything auto starts on reboot, then we'll be good to go.

This is completely unacceptable! :p

Just messing with ya. :D Hope it goes smoothly. Carry on.

transferring files over ssh is soo much fun :p

you know something is bad when you have used the tar command more then 12 times in less then 10 minutes

I agree! Let's string him up! :p

no, i think we should tar and feather, then string him up
icon_evil.gif

transferring files over ssh is soo much fun :p

you know something is bad when you have used the tar command more then 12 times in less then 10 minutes

Almost, when you tar and WGET 12 times in 10 minutes. Anyway, the server is still online right now, I have to hook up with <CC><Agent to get the ball rolling. For those who play on the FISH servers, big, gungame and hidden are going offline also.

if you need a server for the inbetween time, atown.dyndns.org:8767 is open use, no password

I just tared up the files via winscp, and wget via putty to my website in a protected directory at about 3mbits. Once the box is reformated, i'll do same, wget at full 6mbit line to the box.

considering that you dont technically use bandwidth with ssh :p

My webhost doesnt count ssh or downloads to the webserver with the bandwidth, so i can download anything to my roomy share, then ssh it onto my machine. real useful for when your at work and want to download something for at home, that way i get the full speed, and can let the download take ages...

of course there is the easy way, the hard way, and the way everyone else does things.

gotta love 1and1

Anyway, IDK what happened to the scheduled server reformat, if the server goes down, its being reformated. We were suppose to be fully done by this time.

...gotta love 1and1...

I personally like vr.org, 1and1 was slooow. netfirms is even worst. truth to tell, stick with a good small-medium sized company when hosting.

ts is now down, if you need a server for the inbetween time, atown.dyndns.org:8767 is open use, no password

Hehe, go for it.

Oh, and btw, was the "gotta love 1and1" sarcastic? I'm looking at them for some web hosting and I must say, I'm impressed with the plans.

Back