request for alliance event?

Reginator

Not sure how to go about requesting these, but there are a few areas snake_eyes and I would like to try to get through to get some of those lovely statues in the hom ;-).

Is the alliance planning any runs through:
Underworld
Urgoz
Kanaxai
Finishing up domain of anguish

Personally, I haven't completed underworld since ursanway, and even then, only got 1 or 2 teams to actually complete it. My last urgoz run was before eye of the north, so that's been even longer. So all that being said, I'm certainly not the one to lead such a run, but we would both love to get through those areas.

Does the event scheduler take bribes as well?

If so, I offer assistance in future clear attempts at fissure of woe (dual-discordway clear in about 90 minutes in normal mode worked well) and tomb of the primevil kings (doesn't give a statue or anything, but I still proudly display my ogre-slaying knife :D ), and of course sorrow's furnace (mini black moa chick anyone?)

Edit: also willing to throw in a conset for any of those uncompleted areas if requested.

Last edited:
The cool thing about some of the elite missions (in case you didn't already know) is that they add statements and such to your "honor" monument. Completion of any of the main 3 campaigns, underworld, fissure of woe, sorrow's furnace, urgoz warren, the deep (kanaxai), and domain of anguish (mallyx) all have nice little inscriptions that show up.

For some reason, tombs and slaver's exile don't have anything special tied to them, but the others do.

I have completed Sorrows Furnace, but not even tried the others. I look forward to spending some time working on these.

-Proph.

I know we have done all these and will do them again ^_^ we can set something up with Raven and Orry and get good time set for all interested to join.

I would be glad to take my bad tempered Ranger through some of these. :)

On Saturday I'll set up a trip to The Deep or Urgoz's Warren if anyone is interested.(which this thread says people are) It will be at 8pm EDT(can't really go much later, since that's already 9 where I am, sorry). The areas aren't too difficult, but they are time consuming, The Deep is probably the easier of the two, but both require coordination.

I'm in OrryW - I happen to have this Saturday evening available. All I have is my elementalist. I can set him up for earth - wind - or fire. I'm most familiar with fire but I can do the others - I'd just have to practice a bit before we go.

I'm game for either one. I've got an urgoz scroll or two, plus about 10-15 deep scrolls (can pass some out if we do that). Can run most any setup on a necro, except those wierd ones like the kind where I'm a healer with soul reaping...

Well, I'll schedule something for any areas that folks are interested in. I'm no expert, but I do know a few experts. (nudges Orry).

I've been reluctant to schedule harder missions due to the dismal turnout we've had with the other events. These area's aren't places that we can clear if only 4 folks show up with their heroes. They aren't easy!!! We'll need full human parties or possibly 1 or 2 heroes at most.

However, I can say that I have cleared all of them in NM with a full alliance team.

Underworld - Not easy. Ok, that's an understatement. However it's doable even with newbies that have never been down there before. You need a single competent team leader that knows the quests and knows what's needed to finish each one. I'm not that leader, but I believe Orry is qualified.

There's 2 approaches here. Do you want to clear? Or do you just wanna take a team and fool around. Get the lay of the land, some ectos and complete a few of the easier quests while getting to know the place. I can lead a "fun" team to farm ectos.

Urgoz
- The dark deep forest. Filled with lots of things that go bump in the night. I've cleared this many times and can probably lead a team. Although I still need help knowing exactly where that room is where we all can't enter. We need a party of 12 humans. Lots of AOE damage. We want nukers, MONKS!!!, barrage rangers (with pets), MONKS!!!!!!, spirit spammers, MONKS!!!!!!!!, and a 1 hp bipper is nice too for the MONKS!!!!!! The Necro also must bring Necrotic Traversal or Consume Corpse. This isn't optional.

The Deep
- The hardest part of the Deep is the 4 room split at the beginning. If you get thru that, it gets better. You need 4 teams of 3 people each. Each team ideally has a tank, a nuker and a MONK!!!!! Although Necros and rits are handy here as well. Each team needs to clear their room and join up with the others.

Or you could do it the way we did it last time.....3 incompetent dead teams and 1 team filled with the good people (Orry, Zephy and Dunky I think) that cleared their room and rescued the other 3 rooms.

Domain of Anguish
- Always a fun area. We have several in the alliance that are poised to defeat Mallyx. I haven't done this since the Ursan days. Would Ursan still work for him? I know it has a 60 second timer now, but the Mallyx fight itself is usually short.

FOW - I know you didn't mention it, but it would be a fun trip as well. Of all the Elite areas, this one is the easiest and I'm fully capable of leading 7 newbies down there and succeeding as long as the newbies bring decent skill bars and follow instructions. I've cleared many times by myself with 6 heroes in tow and I know my way around.

Ok, so who's up for what?

Done FoW a couple times but can't lead well. l did part of Urgoz with old guild as a splinter/barrage and because of short handed brought necrotic traversal, can do again.

Underworld: I've "fooled around" here for quite some time. Pre-dhuum, I only had trouble completing the 4 horsemen. Now, I wipe at either 4 horsemen or servants of grenth (quest in the smites area). Mind you, this was either random pug or with 2+6 heroes, and one of the 2 (me) is particularly squishy (necro). From my recollection, fast heavy dps to first clear each area, then again once the particular quest (in a particular order) is the key. In servants of grenth, there was just too much in too many places to adequately handle with that many heroes.

The deep: 12-man area, yes the initial split is a pain. However! The hero teleport is your friend here, barring a true 12-man balanced team. A couple of necros with spiteful spirit and mark of pain/barbs combined with a couple physical players do wonders against all the popup onis. Also, for those who haven't done this, there is a knockdown requirement on kanaxai at least, which causes large mob popups. There is a way to run off 3 straight kd's, teleport back out (or leave for dead), then pull kanaxai away from the pops to make things easier.

Urgoz: been too long since I've been there, but I just remember large mobs, lots of popups, and bring necrotic traversal. The eoe spot vs urgoz and a few runners speeds him up as well.

Domain of anguish: I'm still stuck on foundry right now. Seems to be same issue as servants of grenth... Too much aoe, too many mobs for my 2+6 setup to handle completely. Also seem to recall some specialized team build for mallyx's citadel, and he's impervious to conditions and hexes or something like that...

Fow: heavy dps, some form of pulling, and save the griffon quest for last, with some decent setup!!!

On the ursan thing, I was wondering (haven't tried yet): typically the ursan team is 6 ursan and 2 monks. If the 6 went as mesmer secondary with archane mimicry, would you get a second round of ursan, which would in theory run out when the original expired? Just be sure not to copy unyielding aura from the monks ;-)

Note on FoW an interesting thing to do there is take an 8 man team all same class. I have done it with Monk (ax nun at your service), and Necro, finish both times.

The only one I've done is Urgoz and I've got the trophy to prove it. The trip into the Deep sounds fun! I'll be bringing my Necro as he's the most experienced. I don't thing I'd be able to do anything at the end of NF as I've not gotten there yet.

Back