Remember 9/11

Status
Not open for further replies.
How... can you not see how horrible that sounds?
Laz,
whether or not I like the idea, it is not mine. I am just quoting God's Word to you. It does sound horrible b/c it is horrible. Hell is real and everyone who does not believe in Jesus is going there. This is horrible and all the more reason we need to preach the Gospel that truly saves. Whether or not you believe God would do this, the Bible says He will. If you do not believe in the Bible, then what do you put your trust in for Truth?

All of the evil things, that Muslims have done(9/11 included) - I fail to see how they measure up to sticking billions of people in a "brutal eternal hell".

It is not the specific evil they have done, it is the sin that is in them. They are born in sin just as all humans are. The sinful human nature is inherited from Adam and is the reason we all will be sent to Hell if not redeemed and made Holy. God, being Holy can have nothing to do with sinners, but Praise His name, He has designed a way to enter His presence, through the substitutionary atonement of Jesus Christ.

I really don't see how you can get anywhere preaching to Muslims if you're going off the idea that they have to repent and convert to your religion or they'll end up in fiery hell - and they've got the same idea about you.
As for the answer on how do you get anywhere with a Muslim, well you don't, personally. We don't save people, we are to be faithful and preach the gospel to them. God is the one that does the supernatural work and redeems the soul. God is all powerful and can turn any heart towards Him. I agree that if it was based only on simple reasoning it would produce nothing, but luckily the Gospel is backed by the Holy Spirit doing the work in the person.

Last edited:
The bottom line I want to make is if anyone does not want to accept Jesus, we must love them as brothers and sisters... period, no matter what and tolerate their choices.

If they want to accept him, them great.

if anyone does not want to accept Jesus, we must love them as brothers and sisters... period, no matter what and tolerate their choices.

and if you mean truly loving them, you must mean to never give up preaching the gospel to them so they can be saved. To allow them to continue on the way to Hell would not be loving in the slightest.

Actually, are you sure we are to love them as "brothers and sisters"? What is your source on that? They most certainly are not as they are not part of the family of God. In fact the Bible clearly calls them "Dead" "Blinded" "Slaves to Sin" and "Enemies of God"

Last edited:
Laz,
whether or not I like the idea, it is not mine. I am just quoting God's Word to you. It does sound horrible b/c it is horrible. Hell is real and everyone who does not believe in Jesus is going there. This is horrible and all the more reason we need to preach the Gospel that truly saves. Whether or not you believe God would do this, the Bible says He will. If you do not believe in the Bible, then what do you put your trust in for Truth?

I believe the Bible is God's Word. I don't believe the Bible says all the unbelievers are going to hell though.

And ewoks, the Bible calls them enemies of God? Jesus said we should love our enemies. Obviously He loves them too.

I believe the Bible is God's Word. I don't believe the Bible says all the unbelievers are going to hell though.
What do you do with the Verses I quoted above then?

"He who believes in the Son has eternal life; but he who does not obey the Son will not see life, but the wrath of God abides on him" (John 3:36).

"He who has the Son has life; he who has not the Son of God has not life" (1 John 5:12).

And ewoks, the Bible calls them enemies of God?.
Yes, most definitely, I will get you verse support later, I am heading to church now.

Sorry, that was a rhetorical question, I'm familiar with the verses. :)

As for any and all verses supporting the idea of hell, they all have explanations that do not center around screaming souls being tortured in a steaming lake of fire and brimstone.

hell as screaming lake of fire and brimstone is a controversial idea. The way it is described - to my understanding - in the bible is as eternal seperation from god, and every other person in existance, in a place of pitch black and much sorrow and gnashing of teeth (please correct me if I'm wrong here Ewoks)

Last edited:
Please lock this thread. It was intended as a remembrance of 9/11 not a religious/philosophical debate about tolerance. Thank you for derailing this thread. Needless to say, I am not going to tolerate it, nor be tolerant of it.

Gen

Moderator's note: Thread will remain locked as per OP's request.

Selected posts on controversial topics may be moved to new thread if there is sufficient demand.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back