Question for the Resident Athiests

Corpfox said:
If you haven't noticed on the previous pages of this forum, some people have been banned. It is most likely, any "word-expressing" atheists here, are banned from the forum. After all, this is a Christian forum and roughly most, but not all of the people here are Christians.

Well, to tell you the truth. I have only seen two atheists the entire time i've been here which isn't that long. How do you know when somone is banned anyway?

Ya'll don't need to worry about this. If you have a question about a specific member, PM them directly or PM a mod.

If you are banned (at least by me) it is usually a no-posting ban and you will receive a PM detailing the reason and the length of the ban.

Gen

If you are banned (at least by me) it is usually a no-posting ban and you will receive a PM detailing the reason and the length of the ban.

Heh, right......*sighs*

Well, to tell you the truth. I have only seen two atheists the entire time i've been here which isn't that long. How do you know when somone is banned anyway?

If you look at the old pages, you'll notice names that are just typed out, not profiled. Also, since in some posts I've seen, to have a lengthly-swearing post, thats not Christian-like.

Corpfox said:
I do know that even though people are Christians, it doesn't mean they don't know how to swear. :(

That is true. However that is niether here nor there. That is soemthing between him or her and God.

Unfortunately, immaturity is also another... :mad:

However, I've mostly seen those while I'm gaming.

And people can be very stupid at times unfortuanatly.

The only thing I am accusing is, this is a Christian forum! Even though anyone can come here and chat, some of the athiests don't respect places like here, hence their banning.

Who are these athiests who have been banned?

And whether or not someone respects a place like this is irrelevent to this conversation. All are welcome. It is up to the individual as to whether or not s/he decides to stick around and post or not.

People also get busy with life, go on vacations, move and much more. Which is why online time can become rather limited.

Not everyone are born/raised as a christians. Even so, they just basically try to bug you to your anger point of hate and other evil aspects towards the dark side.

Not sure I understand this part of your post..... :confused:

dorkelf said:
/climb onto stump
That's a very typical story, unfortunately. As wonderful as many of our youth leaders are, they really don't know how to handle the special needs of intellectual, 'gamer' types. Youthgroup activities, Bible studies and discussions are also very much not geared towards them, or done in a way that accomodates them. Its no wonder so many fall through the cracks.
/jump down
/nervously scuttle away

Paul

Define intellectual gamer. Most "gamers" I talk to (I'm not knockin on anyone here, I just think there need to be reforms in the gamer mindset), are certain they are far more intelligent than you are, and make sure you know. Personally, I would think the youth pastor should simply preach the word, and let the youth ask the right questions. For instance, if you read the bible, you should definitely know why we believe it, for much of it is proven these days. Some gamer/intellectuals I know, ask questionns that are intended for you to look like a fool. Youth pastors should ignore these questions, and just preach the truth.

I think swearing is a question of heaven or hell. So I'd say its fairly important to the christian who wishes to recieve his/her reward.

James 3:10 (Whole Chapter)
Out of the same mouth come praise and cursing. My brothers, this should not be.

There are other verses, but this is the most straightforward.
I think the bible establishes exact rules, rules that must be followed wholeheartedly.
:cool:

Quote:

Not everyone are born/raised as a christians. Even so, they just basically try to bug you to your anger point of hate and other evil aspects towards the dark side.

Not sure I understand this part of your post.....

Unlike Christians that do ignore haters, some Non-Christians don't, as much.
I remembered I argued at someone about disrepecting Christianity on a Starcraft channel, I got so annoyed to be talking to that person. Then a Christian joined in, I asked...her...how can I resolve this arguement. She told me, I should ignore it and leave.

Been doing that ever since, except in here and most Christian gaming servers, resolved as temporary/pernamently bans for me, Err. However, I deserved those bans, apologied in some cases in this forum and try to respect the rules, gaming/non-gaming.

Though, I'm not an Athiest, I was before.

Athiest -> Non-Christian -> Christian -> Non-Christian.

Corpfox said:
Unlike Christians that do ignore haters, some Non-Christians don't, as much.
I remembered I argued at someone about disrepecting Christianity on a Starcraft channel, I got so annoyed to be talking to that person. Then a Christian joined in, I asked...her...how can I resolve this arguement. She told me, I should ignore it and leave.

Been doing that ever since, except in here and most Christian gaming servers, resolved as temporary/pernamently bans for me, Err. However, I deserved those bans, apologied in some cases in this forum and try to respect the rules, gaming/non-gaming.

Though, I'm not an Athiest, I was before.

I only have 2 things to say...

1.)
I remembered I argued at someone

Not sure if that is the greatest idea... Having a heated discussion where both parties are involved would be better. (Course maybe I just read it wrong and it was a give and take thing... )

2.)
Why did you go through this cycle? (You can respond via PM if you prefer.)

2.)
Quote:
Why did you go through this cycle? (You can respond via PM if you prefer.)

Athiest

Didn't believe nor knew about God and its relations to Christianity. Hence my bad attitude and swearing.

Non-Christian

Started to believe there is a God, asked question about Christianity and any relations to that. Hence my religious questions on the previous of previous pages in this forum. Or that I've talked and asked questions to over 100 Christians in the past and recent years.

Christian

I accepted Jesus as my savior and all the other stuff. It was nice while it lasted. I was annoying how I was more criticized as a Christian than a Non-Christian. Hence, I've lost trust towards Christians. Or that name-calling was so rude.

Non-Christian

I know the truths and facts about Christianity. I don't plan to go back, though, I will still hang around forums and gaming, as I've been doing for almost 7 years.

It is interesting how I'm trying to find out the dark side of Christians, but so far, I haven't, yet.

The only "dark side" of Christians is the human inside. The person who SOMETIMES or ONCE-IN-A-WHILE comes out. In MOST cases, the Christian side of a person is usually ethical and caring. But we were all born sinners, so if that's what you're wondering, I guess that's it? Also remember, the Christian faith has nothing to hide unlike other religions, if you ever asked us a question, we'd be literally delighted to answer to our furthest knowledge. Don't bother searching the bible for a "dark side" either, you're just going to waste your time. Well those are my 2 cents.

*cch* Ten-four lil' buddy cch*

Corpfox said:
Christian

I accepted Jesus as my savior and all the other stuff. It was nice while it lasted. I was annoying how I was more criticized as a Christian than a Non-Christian. Hence, I've lost trust towards Christians. Or that name-calling was so rude.
Im going to comment on this only because I think you should clarify. Accepting Jesus as your savior is kind of different than Trusting Jesus as your savior. Which did you really do? To give an example. Its one thing to accept that a bungee cord will stop your fall, but its a whole other thing to actually trust that it will stop you from hitting the ground. As for being called names was this coming from other christians or was it coming from non-christians? Either way it is only the work of Satan to accuse you and to draw you away from God. It is only natural for new christians to be fully assaulted after conversion, that is when they are usually the weakest because they dont know the true depth and scope of what Jesus is capable of doing in your life. Once you are in Jesus' hands nothing can pull you from his grasp, NOTHING! Im not trying to be rude or question your faith because I dont know what is in your heart, but did you truly repent of your sins and turn fully to Jesus? This is something that is totally between you and God, and I dont expect an answer, Im just trying to help you sort through what sounds like might be an issue for you.

Corpfox said:
Non-Christian
It is interesting how I'm trying to find out the dark side of Christians, but so far, I haven't, yet.

And by this quote Im guessing what you mean is that you are trying to find the ulterior motive to Christianity, i.e. the "catch" if you will. Well the only catch I can think of is that you get to spend eternity in heaven with God, instead of spending eternity in the lake of fire with those who turned from God. There is clearly a good or bad result to how you live your life in this world. It might not sound fair, but its not our choosing for it to be fair or not, it is God's. He made the universe, He made humanity, He gets to decide what to do with His creation. We were giving a pretty clear-cut set of parameters to live by. They are by no means hard, but the rewards are enormous, as are the consequences of turning down His free gift of eternal life. You can either live by His rules and take the free gift, or live by your own rules and take the ticket to the lake of fire. It really is a personal choice and not one that anyone else can make for you. There are many false religions in this world, and all of them have been set up by Satan himself in an attempt to draw you away from God. Just as the Islamic stated goal is the destruction of the nation of Israel, so is the stated goal of Satan; to turn you from God so that you may not reap the rewards and eternal life that he forfeited upon his fall from grace. I pray that this message would hopefully shed some light in what may be dark places for you. Again your faith and what is in your heart are between you and God, not anybody else. I just hope I was able to help.

The only "dark side" of Christians is the human inside. The person who SOMETIMES or ONCE-IN-A-WHILE comes out. In MOST cases, the Christian side of a person is usually ethical and caring.

Yeah, thats the one. I've met some Christians that don't openly express that they are towards others, and vice versa.

But we were all born sinners, so if that's what you're wondering, I guess that's it?

I knew that already.

Also remember, the Christian faith has nothing to hide unlike other religions, if you ever asked us a question, we'd be literally delighted to answer to our furthest knowledge.

The thing is, theirs soo many of you Christians, that you don't have the same answers. I've asked 4 Christians the same question, all 4 of them made completely different answers and only 1 of those 4 made the right answer I was looking for. So, its very difficult when 1 question becomes many answers.

Im going to comment on this only because I think you should clarify. Accepting Jesus as your savior is kind of different than Trusting Jesus as your savior. Which did you really do?

It was both, since I had alot of knowledge about what it takes to be a Christian. literally.

As for being called names was this coming from other christians or was it coming from non-christians?

Since I was a Christian and joined a Christian clan/guild/group, Yes, other Christians.

Either way it is only the work of Satan to accuse you and to draw you away from God. It is only natural for new christians to be fully assaulted after conversion, that is when they are usually the weakest because they dont know the true depth and scope of what Jesus is capable of doing in your life.

No, they were not new Christians, actually, between born/raised to was a Athiest. And mostly the born/raised were very immature. Then again, what kind of age is immaturity?

If you say that its Satan's work that drew me away from God, does that mean the Christians that drew me away were evil people?

I remember I talked to a Christian on ICQ, long ago. I asked him if I could be a Christian, he immediately said no and explained why I couldn't. I accepted it at the time since I didn't know that much about Christianity, even though 45% of the others I've talked to said, yes, that I could be a Christian.

As referred to my vote posting long ago in this forum, a few people voted No, I don't know if they are or not Christian. Though, the people that voted Yes, the 3rd answer is the correct one for your religion.

http://www.cgalliance.org/forums/showthread.php?t=3060

And by this quote Im guessing what you mean is that you are trying to find the ulterior motive to Christianity, i.e. the "catch" if you will. Well the only catch I can think of is that you get to spend eternity in heaven with God, instead of spending eternity in the lake of fire with those who turned from God.

Thats what I keep hearing and seeing. For example, I know Jesus gift is free, but nothing is free. Anything that is free always has a catch, and I don't like that.

Again your faith and what is in your heart are between you and God, not anybody else. I just hope I was able to help.

Like above, its not easy when each Christian has different assumptions and opinions. Some are good and some are not. Even if I my heart and trust to Jesus/God, its gonna go back in a circle, I'll get accused for not being a true Christian then it become name-calling/criticizm, then back to where I was.

Respectfully, I'd rather not be a Christian, yet. When I truly see, Christians are good, maybe I'll become one. And since this is one of few places that are good, others are not. Its better to be fully good than half good, unless you want to explain that I'm wrong about that.

:)
Thats what I keep hearing and seeing. For example, I know Jesus gift is free, but nothing is free. Anything that is free always has a catch, and I don't like that.

Nothing is free? I disagree with that.

Breathable Air is free and there are no strings attached. (No, not talking about the air you have to put in your tires... :p)

Water is free. Well except bottled.

Beautiful sunsets/sunrises are free.

Most things that are not free or have strings attached are man made things. God is above man. He created man. So why is it that a gift from someone who loved you enough to Die for you is suspect? Honestly i think it is because of living in a world where there are strings attached to most everything.

There is a catch with Chrisitanity. Its not that you ahve to go to church or be a good christian or anything like that. The catch is this: You have to allow Christ to rule your life, to be the center. You have to give up your desires and wants and needs and put what God wants you to do first. (This is something I struggle with a lot....) See Matthew 16:24 Well dont see it, I'll post it here, curtesy of Crosswalk.com.

16:24
Then Jesus said to his disciples, "If anyone would come after me, he must deny himself and take up his cross and follow me."

So you see, technically there are strings attached to being a Christian. HOWEVER The gift of Salvation is free. Please be sure you realize that.

I hope this helps you Corp fox and anyone else who is reading.

Corpfox said:
The thing is, theirs soo many of you Christians, that you don't have the same answers. I've asked 4 Christians the same question, all 4 of them made completely different answers and only 1 of those 4 made the right answer I was looking for.
Question for you: why is the right answer the one you were looking for? I've come across many answers in my life that were not the answers I was looking for; that didn't make them any less right, just tougher to deal with.

I know that above all else, Corp, you are a seeker of the truth. The truth does not become untrue because you don't believe it to be true. The truth is true simply because it's the truth.

Are you prepared to accept the truth if it turns out to be different than what you were looking for?

I've been on ToJ and GFC CS/CS:S servers for a long time. I've caught alot of inapproriate people disobeying the server rules. Problem is, I'm purposely trying catch ToJ'ers and GFC'ers that are disobeying the server rules. When that happens, it proves to me, even though Christian are not perfect, it doesn't mean they're all good too.

So far though, haven't caught a single clanner in ToJ and GFC other than imposters/impersonaters, disobeying the server rules, unforunately, I have found other Christian CS/CS:S servers that do, and I'm quite angry about it how they disobey the rules when they boldly typed it on their server!

I do find it unfair, I get kicked/banned for disobeying their rules, but they don't get kicked/banned for doing it similar to what I did.

Thats why my trust towards Christians becomes so hostile.

Are you prepared to accept the truth if it turns out to be different than what you were looking for?

If Christians are allowed to disobey everything they have learned and been reading in the Bible, thats just wrong.

If the truth that said above, is what Christians are or allow to do, then being Christian is pointless.

To answer that question, approriately, no, I'm not prepared to accept the truth if it turns out to be different than what I was looking for.

I am going to go out on a limb here. A lot of people do not want to hear this, but I will say it I don’t even know if this stays completely on topic…but God has put it on my heart.
When all is said and done, there will be some “Christians” that will not make it to heaven. There are many that are judgmental, bitter, murmurers, and the bible states that they will have they’re place in the lake of fire next to the murderers, liars, and thieves. Oh I dread that day for those people. They are so fooled because they “dress right”, or attend church faithfully, or one of the many other things that is considered “works”, which incidentally we are not judged by. It is not mine to judge though.
Do some “Christians” make me angry? Yes, of course. What we do about it is the most important thing. Do I spout off at them? Do I turn from God because of them? No. I pray for them. So many Christians aren’t really as much a Christian as a religious person. I just pray that you do not let religion turn your from Christ. You can tell a true Christian by the fruits of the Spirit that they exhibit. Not all Baptist, Pentecostals, Methodists, Lutherans, etc will make it. Denominations won’t get you to Heaven, and there will be shock and dismay to a person of one denomination doesn’t make it and someone from another denomination does, only because they judge their religion to be right and not another. Just because someone says they are Christian, does not mean they are. If I said I was a bird, would that make me a bird?

Your walk with God is personal. It cannot be swayed, destroyed, changed, or anything else by anyone unless you let it. God still loves you, Jesus died for you, and no one can change those things.

God never fails us. We fail God. Other people fail us. We fail other people. But God never fails. We trust some stranger down at the bank with our life savings, yet we are sometimes afraid to trust God?lol…sorry…I just thought about that. He died for us. I just pray that you talk to God, open and honest, and get your answers from him. I promise, if you are sincere he will answer you.

techwhosaysnee said:
I enjoy them. They make me think. And while it's easy to make statements of truth to people who already beleive the way I do, that doesn't quite prepare me for providing a witness to people who thrive on logic.

well i don't enjoy them on guild wars... it totally destroys my recruitment attempts; i say Freinds of God [FoG] is recruiting Christians blahblahblah and they respond HAHAHAHAHHAHHA *curse words* Christians, etc. and then that makes those who would join not want to speak out
then the entire town suddenly turns atheist, everyone complains about me and my faith and criticising the fact that i have a guild based on Christianity...

ironically theyre being hypocritical and not knowing: they say "why make a guild for that?" and i say "why make a guild for pvp or pve?" and they say "its fun" and of course i respond "so is mine"

Corpfox said:
I'm purposely trying to catch ToJ'ers & GFC'ers

Luke 6:37
"Do not judge, and you[/] will not be judged. Do not condemn, and you will not be condemned. Forgive, and you will be forgiven.

John 3:17
For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but to save the world through him.

John 5:45
"But do not think I will accuse you before the Father. Your accuser is Moses, on whom your hopes are set.

Revelation 12:10b
For the accuser of our brothers,
who accuses them before our God day and night,
has been hurled down.

Armandus said:
The person who SOMETIMES or ONCE-IN-A-WHILE comes out

Galations 2:20
I have been crucified with Christ and I no longer live, but Christ lives in me. The life I live in the body, I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me.

Galations 5:24
Those who belong to Christ Jesus have crucified the sinful nature with its passions and desires.

2 Corinthians 13:4
For to be sure, he was crucified in weakness, yet he lives by God's power. Likewise, we are weak in him, yet by God's power we will live with him to serve you.

1 Corinthians 2:2
For I resolved to know nothing while I was with you except Jesus Christ and him crucified.

1 Corinthians 2:8
None of the rulers of this age understood it, for if they had, they would not have crucified the Lord of glory.

John 11:25
Jesus said to her, "I am the resurrection and the life. He who believes in me will live, even though he dies;

John 12:24
I tell you the truth, unless a kernel of wheat falls to the ground and dies, it remains only a single seed. But if it dies, it produces many seeds.

Romans 7:2
For example, by law a married woman is bound to her husband as long as he is alive, but if her husband dies, she is released from the law of marriage.

1 Corinthians 15:36
How foolish! What you sow does not come to life unless it dies.

John 3:1b-3
"Rabbi, we know you are a teacher who has come from God. For no one could perform the miraculous signs you are doing if God were not with him."
In reply Jesus declared, "I tell you the truth, no one can see the kingdom of God unless he is born again."

Romans 6:6
For we know that our old self was crucified with him so that the body of sin might be done away with,[a] that we should no longer be slaves to sin

Luke 1:74-75
the oath he swore to our father Abraham:
to rescue us from the hand of our enemies,
and to enable us to serve him without fear
in holiness and righteousness before him all our days.

Ash said:
I just pray that you do not let religion turn you from Chirst
He not facing Christ Ash..

John 5:27
And he has given him authority to judge because he is the Son of Man.
Also see Ezekiel 20:4,22:2,23:36

1 Corinthians 6:2
Do you not know that the saints will judge the world? And if you are to judge the world, are you not competent to judge trivial cases?

God will shed His Glorious Light as He so desires :)

Back