Pastori's future absence

Did I manage to spell absence correctly?

Anyhow, as many of you know, I make my home in Tampa, FL. We are within the "cone of uncertainty" of Hurricane Wilma, with hurricane force gusts expected as early as Monday morning.

This is the first hurricane in our new home, so I have no idea how well things hold up here, if power will go out, how soon it will be restored, etc.

So, I'm planning on being shut down for a couple of days and hoping for the best. See you on the flip side.

God Bless you and I will be praying God's Blessings on you and all your family and possessions!!! God Bless!!!

Those hurricanes are vicious things that can tear apart everything, including buildings, for miles. If they tell ya to evac, go for it.

Good luck Bill. Hopefully it won't reach you with much more than rain. On a different note. I just noticed that you are in Tampa. I'm supposed to be going to Tampa for the week of November 13th thru the 19th on business. Maybe we can hook up for dinner or something one of those nights.

So, here I am at work.

Didn't even lose power, because the storm passed about 200 miles south of us. We got some tropical storm force winds, some rain, but nothing major.

Of course, the downside is that I was forced to drive through said tropical storm force winds to get to work today because they refused to cancel it. Know why? Because they jumped the gun and cancelled Sunday for the folks who work then-- a full day before the storm got here. I guess they figured that they could put me and all the regular-time folks at risk to make up for it. :confused:

And Astro, I'll see what I can do. My office is actually right next to the airport-- shoot me an e-mail at wildbillkickoff AT yahoo DOT com and we'll see if we can work things out. :)

Last edited:
floridas over rated..... plus the west sides cooler.... you may say that we have like monster earth quakes, but you guys have hurricane "season" we just have "random acts of God" :p

Colorado we have Tornadoes sometimes but rare and snow, Mountains, Plains umm cows dirt ummm

north dakota is like perfect geologically speaking.... it doesnt flood (hardly at all) its not an earth quake zone, and i dont think they have tornados either... and no hurricanes

Not me! You can keep your mass-destruction.

Ah... snow! One of those pleasures reserved for those of us who don't drive. :D

I'll take a blizzard over a tornado. Blizzards don't rip the roof off your house or tear the trees out of the ground. We had a tornado rip thru our neighborhood the end of September and I am so thankful it downgraded to an F0 by the time it hit our trailer park - my home, and my family, would have been severly damaged otherwise as it passed just in front of our house.

I wholeheartedly agree with Talori. I may never have had the misfortune of being hit by a tornado, but I would much rather clear my driveway of 2ft of snow than deal with the risk to the lives of my family.

Got a point but Freezing to death in the middle of a Highway not knowing where to go I think scares me at least with a tornado you can some what prepare for it. BTW Sounds like The Lord was watching over you as always!! Amazing how much he cares for us eh? Too bad there isn't a perfect place to live lol Oh Wait New Jerusalem!!!

tornados have a very small area of damage.
blizzards have a much wider AoE. there is the freezing to death. or what about emergency vehicles? they can be more dangerious.

and when saying this... I live in earthquake zone. known as the San Andreas Fault. haha.

no one's safe, eh?

Well......Ohio has.....umm....umm....YA!!!! What Now???!.....Oh wait...thats nothing...oops...well i guess tornadoes are pretty bad.....we just had a warning yesterday that started at 6:00 am! until late!!!!! So..... Glad your alright Bill!

ArchAngel said:
tornados have a very small area of damage.
blizzards have a much wider AoE. there is the freezing to death. or what about emergency vehicles? they can be more dangerious.

and when saying this... I live in earthquake zone. known as the San Andreas Fault. haha.

no one's safe, eh?

You know, earthquakes are caused by earth's plates colliding, right? First grade stuff. Well, if one of those plates just happened to slide under the other, or "subduct"...

Just be glad there's no volcanoes, k? cuz that would be really bad.;)

Back