New Patch Feedback

jokitaylor

Banned
With all the changes to the game with this new patch I thought it would be great just to get some feedback. Though change can be difficult, try to think of some things you appreciate about it, as well as what some of the difficulties are.

What I like: Nothing is mindless anymore. I have always like the challenge element where you have to think things through. Personally I didn't feel that I could think about my spell choices due to the facerolling. Everyone is just spamming away or trying to nail their rotation to perfection to get max dps. This new setup seems to require that you really think situationally about what you are going to use.

Healing is pretty awesome now - I love both my priest, and pally heals (haven't had time to try to figure out shaman healing yet). Lightwell is useable during combat which is cool - and paladins have an aoe healing (woot! - and you can move while casting it!).

I have yet to try tanking and negligible time with dps so I can't say much about those at the moment.

I love the new glyph system that you own a glyph permanently - what a cost efficient and thoughtful way to help you in any situation and be able to switch on the fly even during raiding.

Reforging seems cool but I don't really know stats that I want yet because some are gone - still a nice option.

Talent trees are awesome - they make sense and they are pretty much efficient - you actually want to spend the majority of your points in the tree made for your spec.

New raid system of per/boss lockout - A++ Hooray for no more being stuck in bad pugs and locked out.

What I don't like: The very little time I spent in melee dps seemed underwhelming they seemed to have dropped in their efficiency while casters seem buffed (some needed its not all bad).

How about you????????

Last edited:
Lol Lloren.

I'm pretty fine witht he patch. I feel that ppl who look at the game trying to find the easiest way to make the most damage. If you look in my thread, I was able to do more damage now than i was before the patch, including all the changes with the talents and what not. I'm loving the patch, ppl just need to learn to do stuff differently now.

I love the hunter changes! I'm finally not dependent on Judgement of Wisdom, it's awesome!

The game even runs smoother on my computer. I can now run it on ultra and I'm still getting 70 FPS. Before I had it on low and I had around 60 FPS.

Lol Lloren.

I'm pretty fine witht he patch. I feel that ppl who look at the game trying to find the easiest way to make the most damage. If you look in my thread, I was able to do more damage now than i was before the patch, including all the changes with the talents and what not. I'm loving the patch, ppl just need to learn to do stuff differently now.

My problem is not that I look for the faceroll, my problem (at least with DPS and my hunter) is that it went from relatively straightforward to utterly complex. I have read all the guides, I have looked at all the specs, I have reviewed and practiced all the rotations both in dummys and heroics and I am consistently 1000dps below what I was before the patch.

I have a mage. I like the patch.

Even tho AI gives mana now instead of intellect they did give it a +6% spellpower buff too. I can scorch for free and while running now too.

...Personally I didn't feel that I could think about my spell choices due to the facerolling. Everyone is just spamming away or trying to nail their rotation to perfection to get max dps. This new setup seems to require that you really think situationally about what you are going to use....

I think that depends on the class. Arcane mages are nuts right now. Klangdon when I have Mage Armor up (with the glyph for it) never runs out of mana (he is seriously like a priest with his mana regen) when I spam Arcane Blast and use Arcane Missle proc when it comes up. Doing that I get about 7k dps. If I all out spam Arcane Blast, I run out of mana at the same rate I did pre-4.0 and I can reach and maintain 10k dps.

Must of buffed feral a little. I do 10-11k dps as feral cat

With the new changes, Piano is 5% under hitcap lols. So don't expect to see her...like at all... unless I get a hankerin' to do the fire pvp thing, which is unlikely seeing as how there's no real reward beyond funsies. I'm trying to get my rogue (72) up to 80 and working on my low level hunter, warlock, and paladin.

Also, my pally is level 22 and is currently leveling by grinding mobs in Stocks....alone...ridiculous =P

And my hunter is 36 and I was killing level 45 mobs out in tanaris without taking damage.

I'm not even good at this game.

1215115313036.jpg.%5Broflposters.com%5D.myspace.jpg

Lulz patch is lulz.

Last edited:
Piano don't even get me started on the mage hit cap situation. Not only did we lose hit talents but three other caster dps classes got talents giving them spirit as hit rating and we didn't.

*sets soapbox up next to Reco's* Those are all hybrid classes too and they are swimming in hit rating now. I reforged all the hit rating on my spriest and I'm still well over cap. On my mage however I have to leave better dps gear in my bags because it doesn't have hit rating. A pure dps class should never be forced to choose hit over dps when now post patch hybrids don't even have to try. My boomkin is in blues and greens and gained around 15% hit. Not cool Blizz, not cool at all.

But if you look at it we all have to reach hit cap. On my priest I need 17% just like you. So I have to take hit or spirit instead of haste/crit just the same. Although I do have a few more options as a priest.

Last edited:
What I'm saying is that its a lot easier to find caster gear with haste, crit and spirit on it than it is to find gear with haste, crit and hit rating.

You know I'm right. Denial only hurts yourself Bill. Accept it and let the healing begin.

What I'm saying is that its a lot easier to find caster gear with haste, crit and spirit on it than it is to find gear with haste, crit and hit rating.

You know I'm right. Denial only hurts yourself Bill. Accept it and let the healing begin.

Boohoo!

man those gnomes can wail ;)

I'm jk..that seems a bit unbalanced lol.

I'm liking the changes :) the only thing i really had an issue with was the raid frames acting like grid...I've gotten used to them and i guess they're ok but eh...it's harder to tell who's losing health unless they lose a lot.

I'm in love with Whispyr :p Holy healing is sooooo fun...and shadow is fun too :)

Back