Naxx. Raid progression.

It looks like again that we will no shortage of top level people in the guild who want to be involved in raiding. Some of them are new, either to the guild or to raiding and I look forward to raiding iwth you, and some are our regulars from TBC and I look forward to raiding with you again.

Also just want to remind people that just because you are level 80 or have the right gear doesnt mean you automatically get into raids, guild led or otherwise. I made that judgement myself once and caused myself and a raid leader a bit of grief at the time. So just because you don't get invited to one run doesnt mean you'll never get invited.

once we get going on naxx we will figure out how many people are readya nd then get a few groups going. I know all the raid leaders are on the first run so we will go form there those who dont get in. I know I will be doing my runs wednesday sundays again, just dont know who else is with me or who else is leading groups I know mike is in charge of the frist run:D

I use to lead raids when I was a GM of my own Christian guild and then an officer in FrostWatch on Earthen Ring. I really have no desire to do that anymore..because of the time investment, though I don't mind assisting some.. I'm typically only on for a few hours at night now for heroics..but looking forward to new content.

Also just want to remind people that just because you are level 80 or have the right gear doesn't mean you automatically get into raids, guild led or otherwise. I made that judgment myself once and caused myself and a raid leader a bit of grief at the time. So just because you don't get invited to one run doesn't mean you'll never get invited.

Yeah it's important for people leading Raids to be upfront, clear about such things. "Sign up doesn't guarantee a spot" "Raid leader has final say"
The goal is to put together a group that is more, not less likely to succeed. If a person doesn't like a raid leaders standards they can always invest the time to start their own group or find a raid leader who standards they do like.

Luk 14:28 For which of you, intending to build a tower, sitteth not down first, and counteth the cost, whether he have sufficient to finish it? Luk 14:29 Lest haply, after he hath laid the foundation, and is not able to finish it, all that behold it begin to mock him, Luk 14:30 Saying, This man began to build, and was not able to finish. Luk 14:31 Or what king, going to make war against another king, sitteth not down first, and consulteth whether he be able with ten thousand to meet him that cometh against him with twenty thousand?

So just because you don't get invited to one run doesn't mean you'll never get invited.

Right, eventually more and more ppl will be ready and like kara we will probably have multiple groups. Plus.. not everyone will always be available for a paticular run and spots will be open.

Danny

Last edited:
True, not everyone gets to go. The level of interest seems pretty high, I expect we'll get a couple three groups going for 10 mans before too long. Assuming we do I'd expect in February depending on progression we could try a guild 25 man, we'll just have to see. Typically any 25 man content we've done in the past was/is open to SGA and I'd expect it would remain that way.

For this first foray, raid roles/class balance will likely be a factor. I along with everyone else wants to embrace the bring the player not the class mentality, but where we can have some balance we will.

If you don't get in, please don't feel bad, I expect in January there will be two runs trying to get going which will open up some more spots. If you are frustrated, by all means pick a night you want to LEAD the raid and have at it. The number of 80s is growing and gear for those 80s will improve...

Let me toss my hat into the ring. With my 4 week break between classes, I will have a 80 level toon with some pretty good gear. I will have time, once a week, to spend 3 hours raiding.

woven said:
If a person doesn't like a raid leaders standards they can always invest the time to start their own group or find a raid leader who standards they do like.

Yep, thats what Jason and I did when we were frustrated. It was a great experience and showed us the other side of things. I think everyone should, at least once, gather and lead at least a 5-man and it would probably lead to much better guild relationships regarding raiding.

Yep, thats what Jason and I did when we were frustrated. It was a great experience and showed us the other side of things. I think everyone should, at least once, gather and lead at least a 5-man and it would probably lead to much better guild relationships regarding raiding.

Makes sense. It was easy for me to tag along as DPS/Hunter but now that I have a tank I've found myself leading more events/Heroics.

The Mon. and Fri. night schedule is best for me and I'm hoping we can start putting some Naxx runs together soon. Until then how about a foray or two into the Obsidian Sanctum? :D

I lead 2-3 heroics ..almost every night. But with my group that's easy...as everyone already knows the content and how we handle loot. (Plus, I'm invincible now at 31-33k health buffed; Fort/kings/food/motw) Not even Rhys can kill me! (Or connor with his lag)

Plus, I'm invincible now at 31-33k health buffed; Fort/kings/food/motw. Not even Rhys can kill me! (Or connor with his lag)

Nice work Danny! You've got a few epics I'm coveting... :eek:
Looks like your at 25.7K HP unbuffed and I'm a bit behind you a bit at 24K. Our armor is basically even at 22.4 - 22.5K.
I still need to tweak my gear. And if I swap out some gems I can finally use my meta socket. No time like server maintenance day to do some research.

Well I feel very good about being on the first group for raiding in the TheForgiven guild. I worked my tail off the last few weeks running heroic after heroic to acquire decent gear so I can be an asset to a raid and not a hindrance.

Right now I am more than willing to lead some heroic runs to help guildies get geared up. I like to get a dedicated group of the same players since you end up getting more out of your runs when you learn to play with each other and emblem grinding then becomes a breeze and not a grief.

Once I learn some of the mechanics of raiding, I would also be willing to lead raids in the future and there is a need.

For now, let me know if any of you would like to schedule 2 heroics/night for 2-3 nights a week and I will start getting those setup.

I've been trying to keep my eye out for how many people (lvl 80) we have on, but havent seen 10 on together for a while. Probably has something to do with this big holiday thats coming very quickly upon us. I've been hoping to throw together a group for OS one night, since it can be fairly quick and I've done it before. Havent put anything on GC cause I dont want to commit 2 hours trying to put together a group just to go no where right now, but maybe the week after Christmas we'll see more people on at the same time. I'll prob be looking for the same Monday night raids that I was leading, and may lead again if needed, Have to find a new partner though cause Nathan has no Wrath.

well right now my time i limited since i am on holidays I will be there sunday night but I am not sure of anyother time this week.

Well I would definitely be interested in running it, just give me heads up on day and time. All I need is a 24 hour notice. I am almost always available during the evenings.

As i've said before after about 9pm, I'm usually up for anything. Weekend nights are probably going to be my most free after the holidays.

While I am interested, this Sun is out for me since I will be driving back from Georgia to Florida. After that though, if needed I would be interested.

Looks like your at 25.7K HP unbuffed and I'm a bit behind you a bit at 24K. Our armor is basically even at 22.4 - 22.5K.
I still need to tweak my gear. And if I swap out some gems I can finally use my meta socket. No time like server maintenance day to do some research.

Yeah, my armory stats will change depending on what I was doing before I logged. I change my gear depending on what I'm tanking, trash vs. bosses.
While armor/health is important and both are guaranteed mitigation.. % to avoid: dodge, parry definitely have their role. (20% dodge, 16% parry and with trinkets, Libram of Obstruction and holy shield up I have around a 50% chance to block 1,350 -2000 dmg)

I thought I would not be upgrading my wrists or shoulders before 10 man content.., but 2 blue drops did just that: Pauldrons of the Colossus & Bindings of Dark Will
You might be interested in those.

I'm glad to see your gear is coming along as we are short geared tanks.

Danny

Yeah, my armory stats will change depending on what I was doing before I logged. I change my gear depending on what I'm tanking, trash vs. bosses.
While armor/health is important and both are guaranteed mitigation.. % to avoid: dodge, parry definitely have their role. (20% dodge, 16% parry and with trinkets, Libram of Obstruction and holy shield up I have around a 50% chance to block 1,350 -2000 dmg)

I thought I would not be upgrading my wrists or shoulders before 10 man content.., but 2 blue drops did just that: Pauldrons of the Colossus & Bindings of Dark Will
You might be interested in those.
Danny

Got a few upgrades = Bindings of Dark Will and Waistguard of the Risen Knight (Belt Buckle +24STA). Doing so let me swap out a couple of gems and activate the Meta on my Armored Titanium Goggles. I'm now at 25.1K Unbuffed, 541 Def., 18.5% Dodge, 16.21% Parry, and 20.15% Block. Also have Lavanthor's Talisman Trinky - 440BV to shield for 20sec.
I ran Vault last night (Archavon in Wintergrasp Keep) and was at 30K HP buffed.

So.. we did well.. 2 bosses down...and we called it. Our healers were able to keep me up through the locus swarm on first boss, good sign.
5 of us headed to strat afterwards and beat the 25min timer for the epic mount. Grats Tom.

Last edited:
Back