Naxx 25 - It's Time

Just bumping this as I'm curious if the day/time has changed at all.

Also Xandar, I know we're shooting for a guild run, but if we don't have the interest in the guild (and not to be a naysayer, but I don't think that we do) to fill in the run, I know that Valanthe of <The Honor> is looking at getting a 25-man up and running. It might be worth it to join forces with her. Just a thought.

I personally think we have enough numbers of geared 80s to make a full Guild run of Naxx 25. I just hoping that the time availability works out.

Wiping w/ TF is better than a successful run w/ anyone else (even SGA sometimes).

Eric

OK, I have put in a new listing. Due to who I was playing at the time, it is under my Shadow Priest (Biern), but I will be flexible on my 80's to see which slot needs filled. The dates are Tuesday and Thursday starting at 8 Server and lasting 3 hours. I put it up for 2 consecutive weeks to see how it goes. First date is March 17. Please sign up if interested.

Unfortunately, due to a lack of another lvl 80 and the fact that I run with Dan's group on Thurs and Fri's, I will be unable to lend a healing hand.

If ever I am not running on that days or you are short on a Tues and need an extra, I will be happy to try and help out.

I seem to have been wrong....it's NOT time, at least not for the time I have picked. I have removed the run from GC, and won't be putting it up there, as we had a total of 6 interested enough to register. Oh well, nice idea.

Sorry Ron, thanks for trying. We are having isp issues..so we have not been able to play the past 2 days. The good news is the isp is finaly admitting the issue is on their end, has cut my bill in half (at my request) and is assuring me the issue...(When? No idea) will be resolved in the near future.

Not you fault at all, Danny. Even if you and Renee were on (as well as Eric, who snubbed us too *grin*), the run would not have happened. With many at this level who are interested already running other 25's, there just isn't enough in-guild interest. I guess not everyone has 3 toons who could run this along with their other 25's (nor time to do so *grin*). No biggie, I'll just keep pugging, as it has worked for me so far.

What? Do I See Another 25 Man Run Posted?

So a few things here that I would like to address:
  • The Forgiven is NOT a raiding guild. There, I have said it (again).
  • Mike and I would like to combine our two groups for a 25 man Heroic Naxx run.
  • Group Alpha is overgeared for Naxx 10. This allows them to see 25man and get more geared for 3.1.
  • This is an opportunity for fellowship, fun, comraderie...
So my heart here is this: I understand and agree with the premise that The Forgiven is not a raiding guild. I joined The Forgiven a year ago this coming April. In doing so, I was greatly excited to join a group of fellow Christians and play WoW. (You can all blame Ron on Vaanus for interviewing me and inviting me.) I was blessed as my Hunter was dragged through Kara by kind guildmates. I learned a lot, died more, and caused a few (many) wipes. I appreciate the opportunity to play with you all. As BC was wrapping up, TF (The Forgiven) had up to three separate raids running per week (2 x Kara and 1 x ZA) and sometimes more. I feel that we are in a similar spot today. We are beginning to consistently field 2 Naxx groups per week and make a stab at OS/Vault every Friday.

For me, 2 nights a week of raiding is generally my limit. This is what I have agreed upon with my wife and I'll get an additional night every once in a while. My intent (as I believe Mike's) is not to add more nights of raiding to the schedule but combine our groups and see 25 man vs. 10 man content. If we can coordinate to make this happen even every other week, that would be (to me) success. I know some of the TF are running with RAWR and will keep doing so, honoring their commitment. Many of us have run with them (including me) and the tone of the raid is much different (swearing, attitudes, etc.).

To sum up things, I don't want to place pressure on folks to add more nights on WoW to what they currently do. I believe we have quite a few folks who would like to see 25 man content within the guild. I know there are plenty of opportunities to do so within the SGA, but again that is not the same environment we get to enjoy within the TF. I am not knocking the SGA in any way, shape, or form. I take advantage of it's offerings, raids, etc. quite often. I see many runs where TF is filling over a third of the spots and believe we have a strong reputation within the SGA.

So my post here is kind of a random, but I hope that I have communicated my heart and intent. :)

1-2 nights is our limit also. And for now our 2 nights will be some form of Naxx/Malygos or Sarth +/something else. Which is going to change soon to Uldar 10/(Something else)

Something along those lines.

Bottomline: Bob and I want to try a Naxx 25 on Monday 6 April. There should be a sign up in Guild Calendar please post there if you want to go. There will be room for more than the 20 folks that are currently raiding in each of the 10 man groups as some are in a different 25 man Naxx as Bob said. We'll need healers and dps, possibly a tank depends on how we work that out. Regardless, please sign up to express your interest. As the group I was running with was "non-standard" ie 3 tanks, 2 healers and 5 dps we made it work. Naxx 25 is a bit more forgiving, save for needing at least 2 priests for one of the fights.

It will be fun, yes we'll wipe I'm sure, but it will be a chance to try something new with out extending us out to another night which nobody wants to do.

IMHO, the 25 man stuff is easier than the 10 man. I know I haven't been on much (real life stuff) but hopefully I can be avaliable if needed. I'll have to see what time the run will be posted, me being on eastern time and the server being mountain time is posing more of an issue than I originally thought it would.

Would like to start invites at 630 server with the run starting at 7 server. If you don't have Guild Calendar please send a note in game to Bob or I and we can sign you up so we have an idea about numbers.

I guess I don’t understand the “not a raiding guild” obsession we have. It’s like the word “Raid” is a bad word. Every time someone posts something, or says something about getting a group together they have to justify it by saying we are not a raiding guild. We are a guild, a fellowship, a group of friends, and we have members that do raid, in and out of the guild.

So I guess I’m just lost on the “we are not a raiding guild” thought process. During the TS discussion yesterday I think I heard that line about 8 times after I started counting. To my knowledge , correct me if I’m wrong, no one has forced or has tried to force people to raid in the guild, people don’t go around saying The Forgiven is a raiding guild only. So I’m just curious why that is such a catch phase or needs to be confirmed every time a run is discussed.

If we were a raiding guild, the population of the guild would be strongly encouraged to show up for officially scheduled raids. The guild leaders would set policy dictating attendance requirements, rules, loot rules, etc. If you had an issue with the raid policies, you would take it up with the leaders.

By stating that we're "not a raiding guild" I think we mean that the guild leadership is not sponsoring and overseeing the raid; it is purely the undertaking of the leaders of the raid (even if those leaders happen to be officers), and the authority and responsibility of the run rests on their shoulders.

I think what Bob and others are getting at is because we are "not a raiding guild" the guild is not going to "force" members to join these raids, and the guild is not going to make sure things are fair for all members of the guild or raid - invites, loot rules, etc. Really, the guild and guild's leadership has nothing to do with it.

I'll try to clarify it, but perhaps Wend/Adam can give a better answer as to what they mean by the phrase.

Going on a raid is not the same as a "raid" mentality, where ppl are pressured, manipulated into feeling that their entire sense of self-worth is exclusively tied to a standard of value determined by others, rather than God and having them acting out on it.

For me a healthy guild means we want an atmosphere that doesn't foster broken lives, but mends them. This game and games like it can be emotionally seductive for anyone, but especially people who come into it looking to compensate for a lack of spiritual wholeness, they are more-so vunerable. So we don't want to end up inadvertantly creating an environment where there is overt, or covert, more sublte peer pressure, that seduces ppl into losing themsleves in the game: Lvling up a fictional persona while their real life loses levels. (Relationships, work etc suffers and ppl are left with a sense of emptiness) But rather we want to set a healthy example.

That's what I think is generally what Anita/Adam were warning of, because it can become a problem. And it's good to have ppl remind us of that.
And like Alan alluded to, we officially want that phrase out there to let ppl know upfront what to expect. It shapes our member base for the good.

Last edited:
Back