Naxx 25 - It's Time

Xandar

Hello all,

Seeing the progression many have made through the various raids, and gear level of the various guild members I have run with lately, I think it is time to open up this raid. I have been unable to attend any of the guild led runs so have PUG'd a tremendous amount of Naxx, including all but the 4 horsemen and the last 2 bosses in 25 man. I have discussed this concept with quite a few Guild members, so bear with me as I explain what we are looking for. First, remember that we do not run Guild "Sponsored" raids, even though we run raid full of only guild members. As such, there is not set of "rules" consistent across all the raids which are run. We do tend to use the same basic structure, however, simply out of convenience. I will explain in detail what is expected / rules for the run so that there is no confusion.

Date / Time : First run will be February 25, starting 8:30 Server, and will be 2 hours. I know this is a tough time for some of you. I understand that. There is simply no good time which will reach everyone. As stated above, none of the times for the 10 mans have worked for me, but that's OK. I run what I can with who I can and do it for enjoyment, not to stress out. I hope most who are interested could make this time. The 2 hr limit is to be as inclusive as possible, knowing there are those who can't stay much later. The expectation for joining this run is that you will be there on time, and stay the entire 2 hours.

What : Spider Wing. Assuming we rock that (its really no harder on 25 man than 10 man), we will move on to Plague wing. Heigen is EXACTLY the same in 25 as in ten, so if you can dance in one you can dance in the other.

Loot : 1 Set / 1 Non-set max per run. These are for the role / spec you have during the run. If an item drops which is usefull for someones main spec, but they have already won something, and no one else wants for a main spec, this person STILL gets priority over off-specs, even if the off-spec has not won anything. If no one from their main spec can use, the item will be offered for Off-set. This is to provide for faster gearing for main specs. Off-set rolls do not count against the limit for main spec pieces.

Min Gear : While this is a guild run, and we try to be inclusive, there are certain expectations of gear / spec quality prior to joining the run. We have a limited number of slots for each role within the raid, and need each of them to be filled with high enough quality characters to make the run successful. This point makes some people angry, I know. But the fact is, we are trying to make progress in the run. If we cannot make progress due to a few people not being ready for this level of raid, it is frustrating for everyone involved, not just those few. A good level for dps would be capable of sustaining 1600 dps or more during a Vault fight. As 4000 dps is reachable by most people in heroics gear, this is a fairly low hurdle, but one I expect everyone to be able to reach. Healing hurdles are different depending on the class, but have some experience in raid healing prior to signing up. Raid healing is VERY different from 5-mans, even heroic 5-mans. 25-man healing is even different than 10-man, but they are similar enough that its no big deal. At an absolute minimum, please have 1500 +heal and decent mana regen for your class (exceptions on a case by case basis, depending on raid requirements). Tank requirements are most exacting, as they are the focal points for all incoming damage. Tanks need a minimum 540 Defense, be raid buffable above minimum 30k, and have some way to have near 100% avoidance at some point during the fights. If you DON'T meet the minimums above, you can sign up, but I expect you to put in your notes which area is lacking. No one is guaranteed a slot, but I will be as inclusive as is reasonable.

Knowledge : Know the Fights! I do expect some explaining for each fight, but please, at least watch the videos for the fights. This does more than any amount of explaining can do. Experiencing the fights in 10 man is the best preparation of course. I admit, I need to read up / watch the fights from the Four Horsemen on.

What NOT to bring : Bad attitude. This, despite any impression I give above, is a Fun Run. We will laugh, joke a little, be serious when required, but overall we intend on having a good time. Its a game. If something doesn't go your way, shake it off and move on. Bad attitudes will be removed and not asked back. Its just not worth it.

In conclusion, I know some will think I am draconian, but I do have some experience in running some good raids. This is expected to be a progress raid, which is the reason for some of the requirements. As this raid becomes easy, the requirements will be relaxed, as they were for Kara. Hope to see you there!

This time slot is pretty much perfect for me. My shaman is sadly only lvl 75 at time of writing, work has been taking the higher priority lately (duh), so I might not make 80 by the 25th, but I am DEFINITELY interested in healing on this run.

Obviously my gear is also going to be an issue when I just hit 80, but that just takes some time to correct.

Just another comment: I know that we want this to be a guild run, however if we still need extra (non-guild) members, a good RL friend of mine in <Natural Selection>, Taofik, has been looking for a regular 25-man raid group to be a part of. I haven't talked to him about this particular run yet, but just wanted to bring up the issue of filling in spots with non-guild members.

since I am in a progress heroic naxx run reg I will not be going, how ever I wish u the best, and I do hope that people can see reg 10 mn first since it is enough to understand naxx.

I apologize, as I forgot to say: Please sign up in GC. I have created it under the SGAGC channel, and flagged it as TF only for now.

If we can't fill with qualified TF, we will be going to SGA first, as a general practice.

I will be opening this up for SGA on Sunday evening, so if you want priority seating, signe up ahead of time.

I am sorry to say that I must pass on this, at least until summer. I already do too much raiding in the evenings for my college load. :)

I would be willing to go. My dps is adequate I think, maintained 31xx dps on Vault the other day. Rough melee fight, but oh wells. I usually hit 3k dps on heroic boss fights though.

I also have a decent tanking set. I can self buff myself to the 30k mark, I assume by 100% avoidance you mean include stuff like shield block, but I don't know what the reqs might be for 25 raid tanking.

I have already tanked in 25 OS, and 10 Naxx/Vault/OS. I would say my tanking gear would suffice in an ot role, but there are other better geared tanks in guild.

Dps would be my first choice at any rate.

Sean

100% avoidance means what it says really, you are somehow able to avoid any incoming damage for a portion of the fight. For Pally's this means your dodge + block + parry at the moment adds up to about 105% during this time period. It is a different set of items for Warriors, so I would let someone with more knowledge speak to that. For druids and DK's this doesn't happen in quite the same way. Their class dynamics are a little different, and I should have clarified that in my write-up.

Folks if you are interested in attending, please post here or preferably sign up in Guild Calendar so Ron can get an idea of who all is interested.

Well, judging by my progress over the weekend (3 bubbles from 79), I probably will be 80 by Wednesday. I'll remember to sign up this evening. My gear won't be up to snuff, but at least i'll be a warm body if you need one.

EDIT: I also just want to mention - I will be starting night school in May, so I kind of have a 2 month window.

Last edited:
I know this is a little of a last minute change, but for this week, at least, I can start this run at 8 PM server. I hope this will allow more people to join us in this romp. I have already made the change in GC, and ask that you please sign up to reserve your spot.

Last edited:
I hit 80 last night and signed up (i guess i'll have to re-sign up). Obv my gear is not going to be 25-man ready, but I can fill a spot and cast some heals if needed :)

I believe Guilo is ready to move onto Naxx 25. However, I wish it were any other day besides Wednesday. Wed is Youth Group night, and frankly I'm surprised that nobody else has brought up that potential conflict.

Ron (and others interested), is there any way we can move it to Tues, Thurs, Fri, or Sat? If not, np. I will still wish you luck and good drops. Just curious.

Eric

I originally chose Wednesday because SOMEONE *cough* Eric *Cough* told me they couldn't make Tuesday due to an elders meeting *grin*.

As to tonight's run, I have SOOO been looking forward to this, but woke up this morning with the Flu and a 101F temperature. I do not think its advisable that I stay up to midnight my time tonight. I will put one on the schedule for next week. You all can choose what to do regarding tonight's run. For the next two weeks (Including this week), I have the possibility of running a Saturday run, if that works for you all. This couldn't be a regular time slot on my part though.

What time on Saturday? I've got Cub Scouts with my son (Blue and Gold Banquet) from about 2:30 ~ 6:00pm server. I could probably be ready to go by 6:30pm or so server, or would need to be done by 2:30pm server...

Tuesdays i have a commitment as well, Thursdays would work as well for myself if Wednesday are rough for some.

Back