Music

i would hate to be in the same room as that call, you might have to use the "theft deturrent" feature to prevent me from clobbing you...

[toj.cc]WildBillKickoff said:
Quick update:

The new Larry Boy came out on July 29th. My review: 11/10. First one was slightly better, but the Bad Apple is better than the Rumor Weed.
w00t! My kids love LarryBoy and I've been planning to pick this up for them.

Do the moo shoo
moo shoo shoo moo moo shoo muh moo shoo moo moo shoo shoo moo moo shoo shoo
Do the moo shoo

*plays in an endless loop in my head during various quiet moments :D

after reading a part of that i am tempted to buy a cd with that on it and burn it, as in flames and melting plastic

one2dredd said:
What no love for Veggietales? I am crushed *sniff*

WHAT WHO DOESNT HAS NO LOVE FOR VEGGIETALES!!! *held by restraits* LET ME AT HIM ARRR!!!

I pretty much echo y'alls tastes, except I'll listen to a few choice rap artists (Hey, I hail from the Bronx after all!):
Mos Def, who infuses his album "Black on Both Sides" with a lot of Muslim worldview, intelligent lyrics (he raps about mathematics in one song), and truly legit skills.
Beasty Boys, just because these jewish kids really are skilled beat-makers. We like phat beats, right?

I noticed that besides hard and heavy rock, people have mentioned some emo-ish bands, like Death Cab and Modest Mouse. I think that's really interesting. These artists try their darnedest to be honest and in touch with their darkest emotions, and I just can't help but see a big Jesus -shaped hole in a lot of their songs. A lot of Modest Mouse's songs sound as if he's responding directly to someone who's been trying to evangelize to him. I think it's really educational for us believers to listen to this stuff.

/soapbox

Anyone like Jazz? Benny Goodman, Dave Brubeck, Louis Armstrong, John Coltrane?

SlavidZee said:
These artists try their darnedest to be honest and in touch with their darkest emotions, and I just can't help but see a big Jesus -shaped hole in a lot of their songs.

I've never thought to put it that way, but I feel the same way. I get the same impression when I listen to a song from Evanescence. Some lyrics you hear really give you the impression that the writer is longing for something, even if they don't know what or who it is.

Evanescence was a Christian Band actually. But than the lead singer decided that she wasn't sure if there was a God the Primary Songwriter and original Band member who is a Christian left the band. I was pretty sad.

Back