Mouse combinations?

K!nG NoT}{!nG

I just want some input before I decide to go out and by a new mouse.. I had my sights set on a MX 700 Logitech, but I've been hearing things about optical/cordless in CS. After 3 years, my mouse is worn out it seems... So thanks in advance for input.

Why not MX 700? I can afford it.. Cordless not a good thing? I'm still wondering on the optical vs trackball.. My trackball HP mouse (it's crap) is worn.. I can't spin around at all anymore. It just stops and goes the other way... It's cord/trackball.

If you're used to a corded mouse (esp in CS), then I'd suggest to stay with corded. Moving from a corded to a cordless will affect your game play, in regards to how heavy the mouse is. I've been happy with my MS explorer 3.0 optical (corded usb). I've played around alittle with both the mx500 and mx700 and I like the feel of the ms explorer 3.0 better than both of those, but if I were to chose a logitech ... it'd have to be the mx500.

Im w/Goose, I like my Explorer 3.0. It never glitches like my old optical mouse, and has enough buttons in the right place to satisfy me.

i got the worst mouse on earth IMO.. it's a Mirco Inovations (not microsoft mind you, micro) that my dad got from walmart when our Microsoft optical died after a year.. it's an optical corded and when you turn it really fast you end up moving in the opposite direction... I've had it for a lil over a year now and I think I've kinda subconciously adjusted to it. =) anyway.. I'd stick with a corded optical.. logitech is always good but I'm not sure on those two models.

If you big into gaming, I do not recommend getting a cordless mouse. In terms of the Logitech MX series, bigger numbers do not necessarily mean its a better mouse. The reason I dont recommend cordless for games is from this quote: [RX]Sl@yeR: " My mouse batteries are dying". I have also heard this same thing from wireless keyboard users.

In short: if your part of serious gaming or play for long hours, dont go wireless.

Yes, I decided to go ahead and go with the MX 500. I also ordered a Sennheiser PC150 headset and a Black Icemat 2... Lives are for losers, real men play games.

I own a MX 700, I'd venture to say there is no better mouse on the market now. It's got a bit of mass to it, I like it that way, and it looks good too.

Glad to hear your sticking w/the MX500 Ken. Also glad to hear your getting some PC150's (you will enjoy both I can assure you).

My biggest concern with wireless mice is the fact that it may slightly delay or not pick up some movement. I dunno I like knowing my mouse is directly connect
biggrin.gif

MX 700's do not have that problem. They have twice or 3x the refresh rate of the average wireless mouse. Their batteries can last for about 6-7 hours of straight use before they need a little recharge.

I own both MX500 and Intellimouse Exp 3, they are both good. I do own a Wireless Intellimouse explorer (i think its like broken) its so buggy and dodgy. MX 700 has much better wireless tech, so if u really want Wireless one, MX700 is ur way to go.

If I were to make decision i'd go with either IntelliM Exp 3 or MX500.

And don't worry, if u think u can go own everyone with Icemat, I got a Steelpad 4D over here
smile.gif
add Plantronics headset .Audio 90 to that.

Oh one thing forgotten, don't say that to Goose, cuz u'll get a nasty present from goose. Quad-headshot always including U XD. I witnessed him taking out two Oneidas (father&son) with the price of one bullet.

I use func pad 1030 (rough side)

It owns but I would also like to tryout those new Steelpad 4D's. Im content for now...im not gonna pay 40(w/shipping and handling) for a mousepad.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (ToJ | Dead_Aim @ Jan. 03 2004,1:25)]I use func pad 1030 (rough side)

It owns but I would also like to tryout those new Steelpad 4D's. Im content for now...im not gonna pay 40(w/shipping and handling) for a mousepad.
Wrong, if u order from steelpad.com, its 30 bux roughly. Also check out www.newegg.com they hav a nice deal on Steelpads with free shipping (fedex) its awesome. I htink they should be back on stock by the end of january -_- so if ur patient wait for it.

Steelpad 4D is $22 compared to fUnc 1030's $19.99. So not too much difference.

Steelpad 4S and 3S is proly the expensive ones of all. And those without Logitech's MX mouse series cannot use the 4s, 3s series. blah, supports all microsoft's intellimouse though.

(oh and btw, if u have two mouse and one computer, choose one, and keep the other one safe for later use.. i put two of them on at the same time, crashed my computer 4 times and i gave up -_- specially when they are one from Logitech and one from Microsoft.. geez)

Heh, I have two mice plugged in right now, and I used to have a second keyboard in, they both work at the same time no problem. I did this back in the day when I thought actually using my wireless keyboard would drain the batteries too fast. Now I've been using it for about 6 months without replacing the batteries.

Back