Most anticipated games of 2008

Possibly SC2 >.>
The thread title is "Most anticipated games of 2008," not "Most anticipated games of 2012."

All (completely justified) mocking of Blizzard release dates aside, I don't think we're going to see Starcraft 2 in 2008. Or 2009, to be honest.

My most anticipated games for 2008 are:

Wii
Nintendo DS

I'm torn on whether or not to anticipate Soul Calibur IV. On one hand, the game looks fantastic and the idea of online Soul Calibur play makes me drool. On the other hand, I can't afford a Xbox 360 or Playstation 3 yet.

Last edited:
i think Guild Wars 2 beta is comming out in 2008. If thats true then i cant wait for that!!

Warhammer Online? Meh, I'm waiting for the Battletech MMO...GAUSS RIFLE MAKE YOUR ARMOR GO SPLODEY! ....sorry...it's 12:30 and i had too much coffee..I like the 3D aspect to the new SSBB for the Wii...can't you imagine accidentally whacking your friends upside the head when playing?

My list is pretty short:

Super Smash Bros. Brawl (Assuming sega fans don't force them to keep implementing sega giants, delaying it into 2010 so that we can play Tails, Honzou, and the Ninja Turtles*)

Spore (oh wait, you said not 2012??)

Wrath of the Lich King (assuming Brawl doesn't erase my WoW addiction)

On a separate note, Blizzard is now owned by Activision. Yes, let us all have a moment of silence.

Which means that StarCraft 2 may come out quickly rather than with the typical Blizzard 2 year delay. And if that happens, it will most likely suck.

*I totally support delaying Brawl if I get to play the Ninja Turtles, but I doubt that that is going to happen.

I'm eagerly waiting The Force Unleashed, but I'm also interested in Spore

if it ever makes it to gold....

I don't hold my breath for many games at all, mostly because I'm still scarred from Advent Rising.

That said, The Force Unleashed and Brawl I can't help but be excited about...

In lew of Activision taking over blizzard i have renewed hopes for *drum roll* STARCRAFT GHOST!

Back