Mission Alert! All Troubleshooters report to TSP sector for mission briefing.

[If you get a headset in the future, you're welcome to join in. In the meantime you can be our resident 'commie' if you want. You'd still need to roll a basic character sheet for that...because i'd NPC your character in our teamspeak games, aka bring in your character as a 'villan' and let you play that character here on the forums.]

A few of my forum roleplaying friends who are afraid of tabletop games have been asking me for a forum version of Paranoia, so I'm kinda messing with one. I really don't have much in it yet, because I'm struggling with how exactly to set it up (and then I can write the rules). Mirawyn has already signed up. It's at http://alphacomplex.ipbfree.com/ You sign up just with a first name (no group or zone).

I signed up. If everything works out with that, I think I might want to scrap paranoia here and do a different role-playing game instead. I sense that most of my Teamspeak players are craving something with more character development, etc. So maybe D&D or Cyberpunk or something else would fit the bill better. We'll see.

Paul

Last edited:
[Is this thing still going? I have yet to hear when the next 'game' is.]

This weekend is going to be busy, but I should be able to run a module Sunday night if you guys and gals are up for it. I'll want to start it at say 7PM EST and not run any later than 9:30. Much later than that and I become pretty useless as a Gamemaster. :cool:

Paul

I UV'd you.

I can see what you mean. This group might like Shadowrun. Tri-Stat is always nice for simplified games, and would probably work well in any genre.

I will be at my church's mission conference Sunday night, and I really don't know how long it will go. I'm on the team to help setup and cleanup, so I might be there really late. Oh, and I'm setting up after church, so no lunch for me this week.

I UV'd you.

I can see what you mean. This group might like Shadowrun. Tri-Stat is always nice for simplified games, and would probably work well in any genre.

I will be at my church's mission conference Sunday night, and I really don't know how long it will go. I'm on the team to help setup and cleanup, so I might be there really late. Oh, and I'm setting up after church, so no lunch for me this week.

Those are great suggestions. I was thinking about Feng Shui as well, which uses a fantastic very very simple die roll system and (like Paranoia) nobody has to have a book to play. But I've been really interested in looking into Tri-Stat. And Shadowrun is a blast. And then there's Cyberpunk 2020, which they just came out with a new version of...

Paul

To me, the Classic Battletech RPG is great fun...although if you're from the Clan Goliath Scorpion you can take the necrosia, and the effects range from falling into a coma and dying, to having supernatural speed and strength for 24 hours.

I've opened the above site. How do you like my ad?

Greetings Citizens!

This is a friendly reminder from the Computer
that shooting mutant commie traitors on sight
can be rewarded with rank, rewards, and cash prizes.
No laser necessary to win.
Valid in all 1,346 sectors.

Friend Computer is not responsible for death,
damanges, dismemberment, disfigurement,
stabbings, beatings, disembowelment, or loss of limbs.
Unregistered mutants, secret society members,
subversive elements, IRS agents,
pyramid marketing schemes, and animate slime
not eligible to win.
See your nearest **CLASSIFIED** for details.

All issues and questions concerning the construction,
validity, interpretation and enforceability
of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations
of participant(s) and Sponsor shall be governed
by and construed exclusively in accordance with
Friend Computer without giving effect to any
principles of conflicts of law of any jurisdiction or clone.

Alpha Complex

Traitors will be executed
Everyone's a Traitor​

To me, the Classic Battletech RPG is great fun...although if you're from the Clan Goliath Scorpion you can take the necrosia, and the effects range from falling into a coma and dying, to having supernatural speed and strength for 24 hours.

I can't imagine doing Battletech over TS...but yea, it seems like a blast. I know I'd get geeky over building a mech...

Paul

Could always do a mecha-based Tri-Stat game. Battletech would be really difficult over TeamSpeak. It's very crunchy...

Actually, they have an online game called Mektek which is battletech online. But I think it'd be fun to integrate factions from CBTRPG into AC, I can imagine getting half the clones wiped out through some random thing like that nercosia...heh...or gettin' stepped on by a 'Mech. Also, dorkelf, I have a program that you could get from me that lets you go nuts designing any type of 'Mech you want.

Lol, I can just imagine 'mechs vs clones. :rolleyes:

I think I am going to continue Paranoia for the time being...but as I mentioned earlier, I do want this to be a general role-playing group. Keep the suggestions coming, and I'll be scouring over sourcebooks and listening to gaming podcasts in the meantime. Sometime this Spring we'll take a vote and then launch into something different.

In the meantime...polish up those lasers, citizens. I have excellent published adventures for Paranoia ready to cue up and play, once we're ready to do them.

Paul

Last edited:
Back