Matrix Reloaded

Matrix Reloaded - Who is seeing it an what did you think?

• Ownage!

Votes: 32 100.0%
  • Pretty Good

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Good

• Liked the first on better

• Why did they ruin it?

• Never liked Matrix

• Don't waste money

• Total voters
i understand your point, however, control can be presented in many ways. i just find action chorography that's dated to be tasteless. those half-dozen or so pawns neo fought working for the merovingian were not agents or exiled programs. you run them through with a cipher and they're done. it was a waste of time/film to even show those guys because the scene doesn't present any ground breaking artistic techniques and the whole idea of cycling through the melee weapons in that room is obviously a rip from crouching tiger/hidden dragon or anything before. you and i both know neo could have ran the whole gang through with the initial weapons he used (pair of sais) in less than 2min. i'm being meticulous but it just itches when things are full of hot air.

They were proto-agents - imho. I'd love to see your reasoning against that - since we know the Merovingian collects obsolete programs from the main system in a kind of menagerie.

The whole point of the fight with those guys is to split "The One" off from Morpheus and Trinity - how good a story is it if these, previously bad-dudes, are now incapable of performing any mission without being constantly bailed out by Neo? Fair enough, they needed pickup at the end, but they dealt with the twins on their own, and they kept a pair of agents busy doing it. Not bad IMHO.

As for the freeway scene bringing "nothing new" to the movie... Yawn.... You clearly aren't looking very hard, because it was packed full of groundbreaking special effects. I have NEVER seen a car chase sequence like that in a film - certainly not in the Lethal weapon series. It replaced the final chase in the Blues Brothers as my premier car chase in movies, that's how good it was.

Eon

lol, I have a theory that the blues brothers chase scenes inspired some of the cop chases when you get like 4-5 stars in GTA3.

menagerie? take a closer look at what he collected. do you call that diverse?. those guys minus the twins could have easily been substituted by an arch nemesis to keep neo busy while morpheus and trinity could just keep their scripts the same dealing with the twins (which i agree was a good idea)

perhaps it was a bad choice of words when i said "nothing new" for the freeway scene. however "packed full" i think is an overstatement.
first of all, i think it's so cliché to bring car chasing in a movie such as the matrix. secondly no one gets shot even though one of the twins peppers them relentlessly with an automatic. i personally don't own one of those but if i was hunting "fugitives" on the run, i'd put the bullets on as many tires as i could and the rest would go at the gas tank. well they wanted the keymaker back so i guess the gas tank wouldn't be a good idea. then again, if they wanted the guy back, why would he spray rounds like a dysfunctional bladder? i guess part of entertainment is not to rationalize. i did see great effects in that scene and since part of my occupation deals with post production, i understand the time/effort put towards simulation.

I thought it was pretty good

The sex was out of place. sex for sex sake.

the fight scenes were insane.

It would never blow your mind like the first one, because it's explaining the world we were totally surprised with in the first one....

can't wait to see how it ends

sealcomm

Back