Magic in games

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Also, in Matthew 18:10 it says "do no look down on one of these little ones. For I tell you that their angels in heaven..." Now, is this saying children have guardian angels? If so, then both boys and girls have them. So, at what point do men suddenly lose their angel. Hmmm, perhaps at age 13 when the Jews consider them moving into manhood?
I have heard and tend to agree with the thought that they (Children) loose their guardian angels after they become christians.It stands to reason that after you become a christian you are in the protection of God and no longer need the protection of angels.
[b said:
Quote[/b] ]weeds ARE evil
I whole heartedly agree with you on this!

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]The Jews tended to believe both men and women had angels.
The Jews tended to believe numerous things that were not quite right (such as your not dead-dead until the third day, which is part of the reason Christ waited 3 days, and why he waited 3 days to raise Lazarus).  We could probably go quite awhile about this, and in fact Christ pointed numerous things like this out to the pharisees.
[b said:
Quote[/b] ]I found two referencing it as you say, but there wasn't much backing it up.
 Also there's not much pushing it the other way.  If you take just that one verse, without the verses prior to it, then it would read as it was Peter's personal angel.  Yet they are recoginizing his voice in the verse before.  That is the important part, they are recognizing him as Peter, not as someone talking for Peter, but someone who IS Peter.

Yes, both boys and girls get gaurdian angels.  As for whether it says men don't.  I can't remember a specific reference for it, this is just my beliefs on the matter based upon my studies throughout the Word.

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]weeds ARE evil
MWAHAHHAHAAHAH

I don't have a yard, so I aint gotta weed..  
biggrin.gif
...at least yet.

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]The Jews tended to believe numerous things that were not quite right

Excellent!!! I was wondering if you'd catch that.
smile.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Yet they are recoginizing his voice in the verse before.

I just don't see that anywhere. Rhoda was the one who answered the door. Only Rhoda recognizes his voice. Everyone else was praying. No one else heard him. I must be missing something. What verse are you referring to?

Yeah. It depends on what version you read. The original Greek is "angelos" or something like that. It means an angel or messenger from God (one of the roles of angels).

I think i'm hurt that you thought I wouldn't catch that..
tounge.gif

You're right I'm sorry, it is just the girl who hears and recognizes his voice. That does weaken my position quite a bit.

I have seen the versions where it says ghost, but I think it usually has the word angel's in it. And like SSqaured said, the greek has the word angelos (or however it's spelt), but if memory serves (and I could very well be wrong on this point, because it's been quite awhile since I've looked at it, and I was never good at this remembering which were in greek and which in aramic, and which in hebrew) but the word means closer to "Messenger from beyond" or "Messenger of the gods" i.e. an Angel, or a ghost, or even Mercury in his role as messenger for the Roman gods.

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]I think i'm hurt that you thought I wouldn't catch that..
tounge.gif

It's not that I didn't think you would catch it. I wrote it and sort of thought "Hmmm, just because the Jews may have thought this doesn't make it true." But it just sort of went in and my hands typed it out anyway.

Anyway, I was very impressed you caught that too. You have impressive debating insight.
smile.gif

Oongowa.

I love this board...we can take one topic and start gettig off on little details and pretty soon we're on an entirely different subject. I love it!

Anyways. Thanks for the clarification Kidan...I can't really see how "Go on up you bald man, go on up!" is essentially the same as "Ascend to heave you fool just like you think Elijah did..." He was going up a mountain...not to heaven, I don't think.
But whatever. Thanks for the help.

Yeah I knew Nazirites and Nazerenes are different...that's why I said I thought Jesus was a Nazirite (took some kind of vow for the desert periods of his life, so I took it to mean he MIGHT have been a Nazirite, and even Paul shaved his head, so he was a Nazirite too).

the topic was shifted in a subtle way which is ok. i found sifting through these posts quite interesting.
i'm gonna reply to the inital question that fired up this thread:

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]
I want to ask what your oppinions on magic in video games. I mean how do you feel? Is it all ok, is it ok up to a point, or is it all bad?

i have no problems with it at all and i encourage magic or anything that defies the ordinary to be given a fair trial. through highschool, i played a card game called magic:the gathering which was arguably the most strategic game i had ever encountered. a part of me is indebted to this game for enhancing my structure of thinking. the decisions i make in life or other games i play have been greatly affected by this game as i mentally construct a multitude of alternatives to every choice given.

personally i find it a pity that some public schools are so rigid to even ban pokemon cards cause it deals with cartoon characters having supernatural powers. big whoopie.. you get exposed to that kind of stuff 2 decades ago with "thunder cats" or "transformers". wait till the principals see the kinds of cards we use to mingle with "lord of the pit, demonic tutor, pestilence" you think pikachu misleads kids when he squinches his eyes and zaps frisbees, wait till you get sucked into the game i endorsed above. it will be next to taking a bite out of the fruit in eden.

Back