LOE TS3-Mumble Poll

Should Legacy of Elijah use Team Speak 3 or Mumble?

• Team Speak 3

Votes: 11 24.4%
  • Mumble

Votes: 21 46.7%
  • No Preference

Votes: 13 28.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
For the overall picture of CGA is this poll just to throw in the LoE vote for which one CGA picks for everyone in the end? The only thing I really care about is that one or the other is picked before release. :-þ

No, this is to decide which VOIP program LoE will be primarily using. CGA already uses Mumble standardly.

I am a tech support type of person, and I can't get it working. It crashes when it's opened, and from what I've read online, that's a common issue with no known fix.

I also have to say I'm rather disappointed that it seems like the decision was announced in a couple of places without giving everyone time to vote. I just got home from work. Please give everyone a chance to respond before making a decision.

Valid point. My apologies.

Isn't the clicking from the keyboard as you play? That's what I always heard from peeps on TS3 cuz I couldn't do push to talk, they heard my keyboard.

Isn't the clicking from the keyboard as you play? That's what I always heard from peeps on TS3 cuz I couldn't do push to talk, they heard my keyboard.

They could be watching alian vs. Predator, thats where the clicking is probably coming from.

No. His clicking was more of a consistent tonal sound that can't really be explained. I remember hearing it on Vent when someone would accidentally forget they turned off their mic and pushed-to-talk. Someone else was definitely always hitting some key on the keyboard when they were talking, though.

Yea the noise cancellation in mumble is excellent so it wasn't background noises it was some interference issue.

I've been having more problems with Mumble the last few days are far as audio set up. What was a good set up started leaving my mic on continually, then when I tried to correct that it would get 2 steps into the Wizard then I would get no response at all from the Wizard.

I'm open to checking out C3, especially if it can get us all on one voice service. It seems like too many people are having problems with Mumble. Maybe C3 would be the solution.

*Edit: My username on C3 is Aleron. There was no prompt to go through a setup procedure. I did a test recording and the mic seemed to activate with my voice with no problems. The recording didn't pick up any background noise. There's a mic sensitivity bar on the main screen and is available even in minimized mode. I haven't spent a lot of time with it, but they seem to allow channels to be set up for free (it's beta, so I'm sure they'll charge at some point). I think we should test it out.

Last edited:
C3 has its own issues as well. 64bit win 7 crashes, PTT issues and you might have to fool with opening ports on your router. Some people report issues with delay.

Apparently it runs on the Vivox backend, the same in game voice for Everquest and DCUO so the uptime should be solid.

Looks pretty neat, I am not sure how feasible it is for a multigenera gaming group like CGA but it is worth keeping our eye n it.

Back