Left Behind?

So basically if it can grab you, hook, line and sinker, it's a good read? I thought Wuthering Heights was a good read, and it grabbed me, but others would highly disagree. I found it to be boring and backwards and confusing in many parts, but still I figured it to be a good read.
Tim LaHaye's books are pure and total non-theological nonsense. I would prefer The Oath, and This Present Darkness, even The Visitation over this stuff. And, wait, not only do you get about ten books about the end of the world, you get about twenty for youngsters who would rather read it in small parts than anything else.
It's worldly marketing, plain and simple. I did a project on the Marketing of the Church (some older members may remember vaguely some polls I had about the subject) and found out that it's true. When the world makes the bucks, just put the tag line "Jesus" on it and you have yourself the Christian market to pay you big bucks.
LaHaye knows this is true and has carved his niche in life with the Left Behind series.

well there has to be some way to support the church and God provides oppurtunitys for us to do that. and y shouldt someone who spends their time writing 10 books all over 300 or so pages not get a couple bucks??

A couple?
Why should someone spend their time fictionalizing the end of the world, nay, not even such a minor thing; PREYING on the fears and insecurities of those who love a good ending for the catcalysmic apocalypse for the pure intention of receiving for themselves buku bucks?

How remarkably Christian.

well what about Perretti (i love his books and have nothing against him)?? he has fictionized the fears of evil demons swarming the earth. its not really fiction since its fairly true to an extent and so is the LB books.

lol, we don't know how true any of it is. we just know what the Bible says, and how it's been interpretted. I love Peretti's books, and own nearly all of them (have read all of them), but I don't know for a fact that that's how the spiritual world functions. Do you?

not specifically, yet demons are around and the try and tempt humans to sin and do evil and demons i believe are associated with new ageys and "spiritualist" etc.

yeah they most definately are. Satan's trying to trick everyone into thinking this stuff is the only way to make something out of your life. He wants people to see all the New Age stuff before they see christianity. That's why stuff like Alpha is good for people who are lost. They can get to know which one they like more than decide.

Back