Is it just me or does wireless sux?

Yeh they come in USB but i had no idea they still come in serial form..

I also own a Linksys Network It works great, no kicks/lags in my voice comm either. My router's Linksys BEFW11S4. Course i go PCI Eithernet.

Link to list of Linksys Wireless Adapters

The link will get u to the website where there are lots of wireless adapters in PCMCIA cards that fit the Notebook/laptop computers.

Elite, i may be able to help u with the wireless network in HP computer. Can it recognize the Wireless adapter? is it only the internet thats not working? what OS is it in??

I think the problem is the SSID configuration of the Adapter, and the router might be different. You can change the SSID of your adapter by going to network connection, open up the wireless network device, and click Configure in the newly popped up window. In the Configure, move to Advanced tab, and find the SSID Config or some similar tabs in the bottom left area. makes sure the SSID is the same as that assigned at the Router.

One other thing mite be because the Router's wireless system is different then the Wireless adapter. There are Wireless-A,B,G, and some do not have ability to connect to other types of network (some cases they tend to, but usually they don't). The way to fix this, is changing either the Router, or the Wireless device(more recommended)

Back