I need prayer

rizz

I have been pondering on putting this in for prayer forum for a while. I have decided i need to break out of it and i need your help to do so.

Any of you who double up as a cs admin or a council member will be aware of stuff that has happened to me recently... If not dont worry its not very important. The bottom line of it is i had my heart broken. Its tough being nearly 25 and still living with my parents...never had a real girlfriend
sad.gif

I have taken it really badly.. which is very much in my character but not how i expected myself to react this time. Over the last two weeks i have sunk into a deep depression and i cant seem to get out of it. My time with God has suffered yet i still am trying my hardest to maintain it. I just cannot seem to do anything IRL. However when i come on CGA forums and talk to you guys i seem my normal self in part.. if not a little grumpy.

Basically at the moment i have no life outside of CGA forums. I have no friends to go hang out with, i am in a job i dont like. Everyone i know lives in a different time zone. I come home every night and sit in cga forums waiting for someone to post. I have a non-relationship with my parents due to a number of things..basically we all have our own room in the house and the conversation consists of "food is ready".

I am really down at the moment and i have no idea how to get out of it. I ask you pray for me that i will get some kind of revelation of myself.

Thankyou all for your support.

Andy,

I <3 you man. I'll pray for you. I heard a good sermon this morning about faith. The pastor says that sometimes we fall into judging whether or not God is helping us based on the circumstances around us and whether they change or not. We must remember God is with us always, and while we might not see Him working, He is in some way.

Don't give up the fight because you are in a spiritual slump. We all go through it and we all need the support of each other through things like this. ToJ and th CGA would be nowhere near where they are today if it was not for you and your time and effort. Now, its our turn to be there for you. I'm always an ear if you need one.

God Bless ya bro...

Cory

Honey I hope I somehow inspired you to post this. Yes I do know what type of heartache and such you are going through. Many times the only things that get me through is trusting in God's exact timing and my "mustard seed". You see sometimes that's all the strength I have to hold on. So just remember "faith of a mustard seed" because with that smallest of faith comes the biggest of rewards. I pray for you as you do me and you know it goes both ways. That very specific relationship I've told you we have can go both ways.
Blessings and Hugs,"Angel"

I've battled with depression in the past, though for different reasons. It sure is tough, and I know, at least for me, it didn't really matter what anyone said to me - nothing really helped. You just kind of get in a funk, and words can't bring you out. It's hard for people who have never struggled with depression to understand that it's not just some bad mood that you can magically change by looking on the bright side or whatever. But, know that I love you, and that my wife and I will be praying for you, that God will stir your heart and reveal himself to you in your time of need. If anyone else wants to second it, here's some prayer for you now as I type:

Lord, I pray that you would be with Andy and keep him in this hour of need. I pray that you would move in his heart and in his home, and that you would bring life into both. Abundant life, Father, the kind that can only come from you. I pray that you would grow the relationships within his family, Lord, and that you would draw them all closer to Your heart. God, I also pray that you would deliver to Andy some friends that can be there for him physically, that he would have companionship in his time of need, and that they would be of much encouragement to him. Lord, most of all, I pray that you would pull him out of the funk and into the light, that he may celebrate Your goodness and Your faithfulness with testimony of Your great love and kindness to your faithful servant. I ask these things in the name of Jesus Christ.

Thanx.. I am feeling a bit better today, mainly cos i forced myself to have time with god. Im still pretty bummed but i will keep at it.. And i was encouraged by you guys... especially espressos overuse of the word funk.

I think i am going to turn this into my venting thread... You dont have to read it but.. meh.

I am quite down again.. i am suffering from a kind of inverted shadenfreuder. Whenever i see someone else expressing affection/love/kissing/etc... it causes me pain
sad.gif

A mini epiphany...
Most peoples lives are linked directly to the relationships they have. Through adolescence and into adulthood. The drives of our emotion and body dictate the way our lifestyle is set. Teenagers are stereotyped as moody, ubalanced etc simply because of these determining factors. Other large and catastrophic events in peoples lives seem to fade over time.. So as adults we are supposed to be calmer, more reserved, more sensible because our culture defines that we should have "settled" our hormonal balance by then. By having sex or engaging in a long term relationship. But when this period of development is hampered (as it can be with a christian lifestyle.. through no fault of its own).. it can lead to more emotional damage than any catastrophic incident in a persons life. [personally i think a lot of problems with christian marriages come from people just marrying for the need to be married]. However this is often very specific to the person and their personality. Some people can find the relationships needed to develop in friends and family, and not be attracted by a close relationship with someone for a long time in their life. While others crave it to feel accepted and to curb the insecurities inside themselves.

[rant]
This is the life i chose.. i may have had my teenage years taken from me, but there must be more to it than that. Right now, I do not have the skills to form a relationship with someone. Time cannot be reversed. As i grow older my hope fades. To serve is all i have right now.
[/rant]

Im probably gonan delete this when i get up tomorrow and realise i should be a little more reserved with what i say... so if anyone has any comments..make em fast..lol.

DO NOT delete it andy, we all need to be true with others here, i too feel this way, the fact that i have no life now doesnt help me any

I go to work, come home play WOW, sleep eat and back to work, wensdays i go to church, then work then hang out with people at work. i am the happy go lucky person 24/7 at work but honestly right now i am kinda bumming too, tomarrow andy i am finally going to do it and just talk with HER about it, you know what i mean, i should be joining you soon my friend in the depths of the sea of depression.

Remember Rizz, Jesus loves you man!!!! Build your relationship with Jesus and he will send you the more then right person!!!!

Man, I wish I could be my sister in law right now, I'd come right over and give you a great big hug. erhm, that didn't come out right...you know what I mean. She lives in Watford, just outside of London.

yeah, like peon said just focus on whats important- Jesus and your relationship with him. The old hymn is true: "turn your eyes upon Jesus, look full in his wonderful face. And the things of earth will grow strangely dim, in the light of his Glory and grace".

*added 30 mins later*

Oh man rizz, I was doing my daily devotional and God totally laid this on my heart to share with you.

Galations 6:7-9 ESV

"Do not be decieved: God is not mocked, for whatever one sows, that will he also reap. For the one who sows to his own flesh will from the flesh reap corruption, but the one who sows to the Spirit will from the Spirit reap eternal life. And let us not grow weary of doing good, for in due season we will reap, if we do not give up."

And just a word of encouragement- all i see you sowing is good stuff coming straight from the spirit. rock on man.

I dont ever grow weary of doing things for God. In a way my situation is completely independant of my relationship with God.. which is a strange paradox as God is in everything i do.

I dont know any people my age still single/virgins.. i would have though it normal to be the outcast in a group of work colleagues but not in a group of christian friends at church.. So many people throw it all away in one way or the other (though i dont judge you for it)... it saddens me.. and removes my hope that there is someone who thinks the same way i do.. For all the will in the world everyone is able to fall. I probably would have if i had the opportunity a few years ago.. probably why god kept females from me..lol.

This is really turning into the cranky old rizz thread.. which i dont really care about.. its you guys who punish yourself by reading it...

I am joining rizz, Women are evil, batchlor to the raptor baby.
tounge.gif

Rizz i think like you too, although i am not quit as young as you, still think like you.

Hey remember at that one CGA thing convention , you said i could marry you
tounge.gif
tounge.gif

time to head out for another 12-16hr day, woot love being a work-o-holic doesnt give you time to think about your problems

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Rizz i think like you too, although i am not quit as young as you, still think like you.
Im older than you nub....

Your gonna have a girlfriend by the end of the week.... Rizz guarantees it.

POUTS..... now this lady loves all you guys regardless of you badmouthing the fairer sex.
I will put this here as I've already told Rizz....Believe in yourself and in God period.
He is working on a special someone just for each of you to meet your needs and is working on you to become the best for the one He has chosen for you. Let God have the timing and learn to be patient and trust in Him. Yes I do know easier said then done but keep trying.

Blessings,"Angel"

Bleh it goes from bad to worse...I cant explain to those who dont know the situation.. But i died for the last time today... I just hope God has something funky planned for all of this pain.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (rizz @ July 14 2004,2:46)]I dont know any people my age still single/virgins
Weeell, I'm no longer single, but I am still a virgin. I don't mean to brag, I just want you to let you know you're not alone in that respect. I held out under pressure and am more grateful to God than I could say that I can present myself a virgin to Erin when we marry.

So stick in there, fight to keep your focus on working for God's kingdom, and He'll send someone across your path yet. If He had intended you to be single (like Paul), then I doubt He'd plant the desire for a wife in you like He has.

I know it's cheesy, but it got me through some rough times:

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Mat 6:33  But seek ye first his kingdom, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you.
Read the verse in context, read the entire chapter, meditate on it, and pray that God gives you revelation of His Word.

I don't believe I've ever seen a lonely person recuperate from their loneliness overnight. Remember that, more often than not, it's a process by which you rely more and more on God day by day. The steps (plural) of the righteous are ordered by God. Not step (singular).

Hang in there.
smile.gif
You have a community who loves you, is willing to support you, pray with you, pray for you, and share your sorrows and joys.

Life is a struggle. I am holding on and trying to claw my way back to some semblance of normality. I will talk to any of you guys about the circumstances should you want to.. As tek found out unfortunately for him..lol.

I will get through this. I just cannot see the light at the end of the tunnel right now. Please bear with me. Should you meet tonight for the study discussion then i would appreciate your prayers.

Meh the post on time has made me see what half my problem is... I need to get out of here..lol. I am ready to move to the USA. But i have to wait for Gods timing. I just need something to do.. my day consists of..

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Monday-Friday
7am - wake-up
7-8am. coffee, prayertime and shower.
8-9am get to work
9-5, work
5-6, eat and sort toj admin stuff
6-11, blank..cga forums, bit of cs, watch tv.
11, bed.

Optional extras.. sometimes badminton monday night but not been for a month.

Saturdays.. literally do nothing all day.. just sit in front of my screen wacthing the clock tick round.

Sundays.. one service at 5pm

The monotony is starting to eat me up. Its certainly not helping me get over the current events..

That said i am feeling a bit better since i have started to force myself to get back into a good prayertime schedule. And i thank you all again for your support and prayer. Stay with me guys and girls.. i will be the rizz you knew soon enough..

Back