hunter spec help

noname

masta i personally dont like the spec. Not cause its mm but because u dont have some things i see as key if your MM.
for 1 barrage and imp barrage increases your dps ALOT because multi shot is a very important thing in your shot rotation.
also id talk to bax but i dont see the 6 points in the humaniod and beast worth getting. they dont help
this is what im thinking about. but remember im not the expert talk to mordos he knows the math
http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/info/classes/hunter/talents.html?0520000000000000000000505241205313253135103000000000000000000000

um what raids r u in? on gala my shot rotation almost ALWAYS contained multi. Multi is amazing and i think its key. its not much mana.
ive experimented and it does help alot and most the time for raids u dont cc alot and when u do u know it and dont use multi. and even if u dont use it on mobs use it on bosses. thats when its good thats from my experience and as far as i know mordos agrees with me

sept in raids/instances with CC you cant use multi shot all the time, so IMO unless your in solo play multi shot tends to be useless in raids or instances.

now if we could just teach Bax not to break sheeps with MS....

um what raids r u in? on gala my shot rotation almost ALWAYS contained multi. Multi is amazing and i think its key. its not much mana.
ive experimented and it does help alot and most the time for raids u dont cc alot and when u do u know it and dont use multi. and even if u dont use it on mobs use it on bosses. thats when its good thats from my experience and as far as i know mordos agrees with me

Multi shot is one of the most damaging shot in your rotation and there isn't one boss fight I can think of that you can't use it on.
Sure I break CC, but that's cause most of the time I'm farming on Bax and that is a habit of shot cycle... I expect more from the other hunters that raid more.

I understand where you are at, but you are like a wanna be BM, if you want to use you pet so much then go BM, otherwise there are better places to put you points.

Next you are missing one of the best talents in the MM tree. Rapid Killing allows for 1 sec Aimed Shot! Dude that fits into my shot rotation.

oh and as BM I didn't even have Thick hide... Waste of talent points as a Raiding BM.

Last edited:
once i get my grades stable im going to try and talk my dad into letting me coming back and showing ya how to do it! :p

having a pet gives me an extra 300 to 500 dmg everytime i crit.
why wouldnt i want my pet? it also adds an extra 170dps ON TOP OF MY whatever DPS. i say again, why not have my pet?

:p

IMO best MM/BM spec http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/info...000505201215013153105100000000000000000000000
best BM spec
http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/info...510505201204000000000000000000000000000000000
these are just some of my ideas for some speccs that i have tried out, If you like MM for pvp i guess and still like to raid that would be the best, but i still prefer BM because of the damage pet does.

Raiding with MM 41/ BM 20 woudn't be bad because of your AP and your pet still gets some good damage in with the 20 points in BM. Dont ever think of going survival. Unless you want to spend TONS of money investing in it getting brand new gear and gems.

Btw WOTLK will allow bm hunters scatter shot ^_^ cant wait.

another note, wasting points in improved arcane shot is wasteful, it reduces the cd by .8 seconds, and most mobs in raids you will deal with will die faster than you can actualy make use of the CD, (5.2second CD with arcane, so to have 1 extra shot with you will have to have shot off 6.5 arcane shots which is 33.8 seconds, mobs will die a lot faster than that.) Hope that helped on what i have learned using my hunter.

actually fox i dont like that bm/mm spec. its like your confused in it. if your MM u dont rely on your pet u rely on yourself. pets help mm i quess BUT u dont want to use vauable points on something like thick hide or feroicty but in imp barrage and combat experience focused fire i can see as nice but anyhting below that isnt needed if your mm. u gotta rely on your shot rotation to put cause u dont have the points to go deep enough into the tree to get it. thats y u have things liek combat experience aimed shot and things like that
here is what im thinking

http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/info/classes/hunter/talents.html?0520000000000000000000555201225013253135103000000000000000000000

having a pet gives me an extra 300 to 500 dmg everytime i crit.
why wouldnt i want my pet? it also adds an extra 170dps ON TOP OF MY whatever DPS. i say again, why not have my pet?

:p

cause with the talent points and mana you blow to get that extra DPS I can get from placing my talent points more wisely

Back