Heaven the Game thought?

The people at my church are open minded about works of fiction like Harry Potter. It seems to me and I'm sure many others, that it is meant to be something to read. What we really gotta worry about are the athiests who want to snub Christian works and create an athiest version of it just to try and one up us.

this game looks more promising than most other Christian games but how great is this game going to be, really, I mean... a game where you go to Heaven? What is the whole task of the game here, I don't get it

That's just it. It's not really a game in the sense that we've come to term games. Moreover, according to a friend (and game reviewer,) its technology (other than graphics) is about 7 years behind.

If I'd term it as anything, I'd call it an "interactive movie."

I can't draw conclusions from a game's trailer. It's like saying Killzone 2 is the next king of games from it's hyped trailer. It LOOKS decent compared with other Christian-themed games, but that's not saying much. That's my thought about that.

I find two things wrong with this:
1. There is something like 2 billion christians in the world. It is not like we have an international convention every time a game or book comes out to decide what position to take on it. Unfortunately, there is as many uninformed prejudging nitwits in christian circles as there are in any other circle. And just like every other cirlce those nitwits tend to be the first to vocally and loudly voice there opinion. Like most other groups it often takes longer for more measured christians to respond. Christians vary in opinions, it happens.

I understand that Christians vary in opinions...they are human after all. What I find difficult to comprehend is the WHY. There's only one God and one Bible. Why then so many differing, and conflicting, views?

2. You leave no room for people to change there mind. I hated the first few chapters of wheel of Time and now I can't put it down. Does that make me a hypocrite. People learn people change that is not hypocrisy it just life.

Your analogy doesn't really work. Whether or not you like "Wheel of Time" is a measure of personal preference. Christians morals are set forth by God and the Bible, are they not? This is subjective versus objective.

3. I think it is easy to say that Christians change there mind to more mainstream view because it is easy. I would suggest that nothing is further from the thruth. When I first started University I thought evolution was evil. Then I read up on it and learned and changed my mind. Did it make it easier in non-christian circles to believe in evolution, well yes frankly. But I don't spend most of my time in non-christian circles, those closest to me, friends and family, are christians and my beliefs abot evolution frankly make my life that much harder. I love Harry Potter, yet I had to sit through a video at church that said it was evil. I like Harry Potter and Doom that won't change but to say I do it out of hypocrisy and because it is easy is put simple hugely misinformed.

Understand who and what I'm calling hypocritical...I thought I made it clear in my previous post. I'm talking about those people that preach vehementaly against something only turn around and embrace it. Again, I find it hard to understand why you would embrace something that your church, family and friends are against. Someone's belief system is in error. Once more...how is this possible if everyone is getting their information from the Bible?

You are also begging the question as to WHY you thought evolution was evil before starting university. Is it because this is what religion somehow taught you? In understanding that evolution wasn't evil, what did that tell you about why you felt that way in the first place?

4. It is not about standing up for something and never changing simple in order not to be a hypocrite. The idea of being a christian for me is constantly seeking truth. This will mean my views will change call me a hypocrite if you want but I would rather be on and be on my way to learning the thruth then stick with a position simple because it was my initial one.

That definition is as close to any that I've heard describing SCIENCE. Scientific understanding is at a set position until new information arrives that alters it. Sorry, but history has shown that Christianity, as well as the majority of other religions, tend NOT to do that. Again, I haven't pointed the finger at YOU and called you a hypocrite. I was explicit in my phrasing.

Did any of you try that rapture game that was out? I can't remember the name. Left behind I think.
Awful game.
I wish someone could make a really good christian game.. even a western or pioneer game would be fun for a change.

I have a story I'm working on for a video game. I am going to take programming classes lord willing, and then me and my boyfriend will start a half life 2 mod. =] It will be set after the downfall of america, where it is divided into factions, like the christians, the now renegade army, and the forces of darkness (yes it is a christian game ;p)... I think it should be a really unique christian experience should we ever come through with it! :D

Well I agree on the question about the many views and there being only one God and Bible. As for the convention thing, I think a Christian convention in general would be a fantastic idea. It would unite people more I think.

Back