Heaven the Game thought?

Looked interesting. Tho all I saw was the trailer. So I know nothing about the game. But I think it could have possibilities as a RPG.

Lol, I just thought about a Christian FPS..

this is seriously the worst website ever...i wouldn't play it solely for that, i mean...if such a simple thing is pretty unusable, slow and, forgive me for saying, gaudy, why would i shell out $ for a game by the same creator?

and what's the story? you walk through Heaven? how about ripping a line off of 'ole Mr Peretti and coming up with a game called "Darkness" (this present darkness seems a little long) and you control units to fight demons or something...that would be more interesting and engaging in a general video game concept, at least imo

Oh come on, a christian FPS could work. Why, they could even do an FPS with the story of David before he was king. There are other examples of biblical stories that could be great FPS potential.

I know, but the concept of hacking peoples arms off or unloading a clip on someone in a Christian environment strikes me as funny. It would be an amazing game tho!! JESUS LOVES YOU! *slice*

Sigh... same old same old... I've expounded on this before but I still don't get why all Christian companies have to make a game directly from the Bible. There is nothing morally wrong with them, and we do need some of them, but Christians are capable of making so much variety and having a lot more impact in the process (Chronicles of Narnia maybe?). It's like either Christian game makers have no imagination or are afraid to put the teachings of the Bible in any context other than the Bible. Lets take real life for example. Where are the Christian games about war, police work or private detectives? Anything that has a moral context for violence can expound on that context teaching Christian values (I always refer to the movie "Sergeant York" and if you read his real life diary it's much, much better). Not to mention virtually all the fantasy themed games are written from a Taoist, humanistic perspective, reflecting and supporting those ideals (most games come out of Japan so what do you expect?). We need Christian games that replace this tripe! People are biting into the "power of human love/friendship triumphs over all" and need something to set them straight.

Last edited:
I largely agree with Gerbil.
No wait, I completely agree with Gerbil except that I'm not completely against Taoist/humanist games per se, they're a lot of fun. I just wish we had Christian representation in that field.

News flash: Heaven the Game isn't in that field.

What am I supposed to be doing in Heaven the Game, anyhow? Yeah, I know I should click on the link... one moment...

Okay, so the yve got gr aph ic s. And la ag.

From what I can see, the whole point of Heaven the Game is to explore heaven, rendered in shiny 3d graphics, based on somebody's idea of what heaven will be like (which is basically the Isle of Quel'Danas pre-Arthas, imho, add Christian imagery.)

Explore.

Good games are cool because of the tensions they create. I don't see much tension in Heaven the Game. There really isn't anything in it that attracts me except the graphics and I have an old computer. I mean it's like Myst without puzzles. Morrowind without monsters and only 6 levels.

I could see them putting all that (actually pretty amazing) CGI into a short film called "Heaven" that followed the same play-flow and it not being too bad. But a game? no.

I've said it once and I'll say it again: Doom III is the best Christian game out there. Slaying demons for Jesus. Alright.

Well I don't think Doom3 counts, I mean what about the expansion pack? Don't you have the power of a demon? The reason that we can't get a good christian game is because these companies are actually afraid of doing something inovative and fun. They are afraid of being ridiculed because they're making a christian game. This is why we don't get christian rpgs.

I'd like to see a christian-type gta game, except with morality replacing the stuff that goes on in the game.

Last edited:
Oh, that does sound interesting. A christian zombie horror game, that could be interesting and the title doesn't sound too bad either...

<wowjoke>
probably would wipe out your faction city and make the game unplayable for 3 days
</wowjoke>

Jesus can't become a zombie, divine power rules over science and dark forces any day. Most likely, he could probably just heal or something, or simply ignore it.

Back