Heart of Thorns Now Available for Pre-Purchase!

Kendrik

Staff member
It's a hefty $50 for the base package, but Heart of Thorns is now available for pre-purchase! Pre-purchasing guarantees access to all betas between now and release.

Available in three packages, ranging from $50-100, on the official website here.

Huzzah!

I bought the $99.99 (plus tax) Ultimate package. I was going to spend $60 anyway for more gems (4000-$50) and a character slot (800 gems = $10), so that drops the game to $39.99 with all extra stuff (I've already used the Revenant finisher a few times) vs $49.99 for just the expansion.

I kinda want a hard copy. Because it'd be awesome. The inclusion of so many gems in the top tier purchase is definitely a nice perk. Don't think I'll be buying anything beyond base package, though. Excited to buy that... hopefully sooner than later.

Base pack is all we can afford, I bought it 2 hrs after release, my Daddy's day present. I just could not justify the extra bucks for eye candy, gems and character slot. Character slot was easy, just get rid of one character, Jotun The Baptist, and make a place holder with the name I want, Play Misty For Me. Most easily understood by older baby boomers. Even my lady likes the name for a Revenant, after I explained a Revenant to her. She doesn't even play the game.

Purchased within two hours? I like it! Nicely done, good sir! :D

Given that, if I ever succeed in getting my wife into GW2, I'll have to buy two copies, I'll probably just get the base pack, too. I am wanting character slots and crafting skill boosts that would make the points appealing, but those are more convenience than anything for me right now.

Last edited:
Did y'all read the changes to what is offered, how and why on HoT prepurchase?

Even more excited now that preordering even the base package will net me a new character slot.

Lots of changes today. I only briefly logged on but LA is completely different, not to mention the skills/specializations are different as well. They have white wings available for a few hours on Black Lion.

Back